Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow did I ever have an eye opener this morning! :001_tongue: Here is my story. . .on Friday i was feeling rather blah and decided to eat "slider food" . . hmmm these slider foods go down really good! so i grazed here and there ALL weekend long and into Monday:drool5:. . . this morning I thought "oops, i never weighed myself yesterday" so onto the scale i went. . . well guess what guys and gals! I GAINED 2 lbs:hurt:. . . yup a real heifer here! I was shocked! :jaw:So this morning I began back to basics with Proteins and low carbs. . . so what this teaches me is that 1. yes you can regain weight, 2. you have to be careful what to stuff into your kisser, and 3. be really careful with those slider foods. . .It really opened my eyes. . . so today I have had my 80 grams of Protein, 20 grams of carbs (from fresh fruit) and 770 calories, 70 oz of Water. . . wow I'm glad i got that scale! Be careful out there!

Good for you. You picked yourself up and started over. Luckily, before it became a problem. Good luck with those remaining lbs.

Thank you Immore! I'm glad I got up on that scale too. . .yes I'm going to behave now and do well. . . if I feel myself slipping again, I'll come to y'all first before the ice cream sandwich!

It's so true about the slider foods, and the further out I get, the more slider foods get added to the list. All of the "no no" foods are sliders for me now. Rice, Pasta, potatoes, chips, crackers, pretzels, corn nuts (see a trend here), bread, tortillas, sun dried Tomato wraps, etc etc etc. They are all super yummy, and while I'm below goal and could handle a few pounds, it wouldn't take too long to gain those pounds.

It's a slippery slope, and it definitely gets more difficult to make the best choice once we are further out. I've figured it out for the most part to prevent a huge regain. I can splurge one day then get back the next day. I never get more than a 2-3lb bounce around so for now, I'm just trying to keep stuff balanced enough to maintain.

You'll drop those 2lbs in no time chickee, but I agree, those slider foods are so sneaky sneaky.

I'm definitely going to have to pay attention to this.

My girlfriend (who is about 6 mos out now) eats mostly slider foods -- her dinner is mashed potatoes, cheese, and chili. She's lost a lot of weight, but she's been complaining that it's slowed way down. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I was just encouraging, but I was thinking "well sure, your dinner is a giant bowl of carbs, all of it mushy and easy to slip through the sleeve." By this point, I would assume she'd want to be eating "real" food, like a half (a quarter?) of a chicken breast and some veggies or something.

The nice thing about the sleeve, however (Tiffykins, correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm only 12 days out!) is that (a) it warns you pretty quick if you overdo it, and (:) your appetite (body hunger) is still way, way down. So, while it takes work, the tool of the lap sleeve makes it possible. Just doing it "au naturale" -- not so much (at least, not for me!)

Ohhh, you're totally right about the sleeve warning you. I still have to carefully watch how much I eat. I can do different little tricks that allow me to get more in, but if I adhere to the 30 minute max meal rule, and Protein first, honestly I have amazing restriction. If I stretch a meal out to 45 minutes, and eat sliders, I can eat a lot more food in one sitting. Last night, I pushed it a bit too far, and I had some discomfort. It was one of those meals that was so fabulous that those last 2 bites were calling my name, and I paid for it. The discomfort lasted about an hour until things moved through some. I have found that I no longer have to take tiny bites and drinks. I can take a normal bite of food, but I still have to chew it really well, not to mush, but chewed well. For me, things have changed significantly the further out I get.

I still have zero body hunger. I have a schedule that I try to stick to for my meals. The only time I get off schedule is when I'm out with friends, or out running around. It's not difficult for me to forget to eat. Sometimes, it's 2-3pm before my body signals "hey, idiot, feed me".

It's not letting the head win that is more challenging. I have to snack/graze to maintain, and that can set up a lot of triggers. Luckily, so far, I've been able to keep my grazing to healthier options. But, I can see where it could be an issue later on.

I'm in my 4th month, and my weight loss has slowed, not stopped, but slowed and I think it is because of snacking. I finally 'feel' my sleeve which is good b/c in the beginning food was really getting lodged in my throat more than my stomach. But ooooooh yeah when you get that sleeve full it is not comfortable.

I think my challenge is always going to be keeping the Water intake up and not snacking on high fat foods. Sweets are not as appealing, but I suddenly find myself grazing in the evenings. Now I'm trying to get full and leave the kitchen alone.

But I can see there are some habits I'm still going to have to work on leaving behind with the sleeve.

I had a get away weekend recently that started with a margarita and then another and a third with some snacking and some more carb snacking and could not believe when I got home and had gained 5lbs!! I said WHAT! Surely the scale was wrong. Then I found out how many carbs and calories those nasty drinks have and it all went downhill from there. It took me all week to get those pounds off too but I definitely have to watch it. Am so glad I could get those pounds off in a week and pre-sleeve it would have been so hard to do, but must budget those calories in the future.