Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a vertical sleeve monday the 10th of may. 5 incisions... 3 in belly and one through the navel (for the sleeve) and a fifth between my breasts, I guess for a hiatal hernia they found that didn't show up on the previous tests. Yesterday was not good... took last loriTab at 2:30 am... woke up a 7 with fever of 99.5, sweating - shaking (1st fever at all) then sencond fever of 100.5 an hour later. Doc said get back on loriTaBS as tylenol was controlling fever. I did, it worked. so much better except still a rough pain in my right side (no incisions there at all- pain hasbeen there all along, just getting a little more forceful) I've been on L-Tabs every 3 .5 hours and ok but fever starts to edge up at the end always. I waited a little longer today and fever did start an immediate climb. I never let it get higher than 100.

So here I am... surgery spots are great.. right side is very tender, especially with a deep breath, and I'm a little worried we're controlling a post surgery fever instead of invetigating it a little... Any advice form the sage (been there done that" people) ??? Thx guys. Sandra R

First I want to say I'm sorry that you are having fever, sweats and pain. Surely you will have internal soreness but I agree with you in wanting to know why your body is feverish. I would be persistent in asking your surgeon the same question you have posted here. You will most definitely receive more responses to your post...just try to deep breath and keep hydrated and know that you will be OK. Please feel better and keep us updated.

My gut was painful for a while because my doctor said they did a lot of poking in me. I was borderline for not being able to do laproscopic. They did it, but it was tight in there. You have to remember they put a lot of instruments in there to make this happen, and move a lot around in there. This is not just a snip snip procedure. It's only been 4 days......you'll get better everyday. If you don't feel a little better by Monday, see your doctor, or go to the ER. But what you're stating is pretty common.

I just went through the fever. It's normal. As long as it doesn't spike up and stay over 101, and as long as Tylenol controls it, don't worry :)

Also, do your deep breathing exercises -- they'll help with anxiety as well as fever, and they keep your lungs clear :)

So how are you doing now? This is my 4th day and I had a suprise hiatal hernia also, I do not think I had fever but when I take a drink I can feel that it is sore going into my stomach? Was it hard for you to get all of your Protein and vitiamins in?

Finally doing better... spent 3 weeks in hospital with sepsis... I developed a 7.3 x 3.6mm abcess around my liver.... LOTS of trouble! But heading the right way now... Had picc line removed a few days ago (was giving myself IV anti-biotics 3 times a day for 15 days) and had the drain removed from my side a week before that (draining the abcess)... What a mess !!

I had trouble with the hernia repair to start with but so much else was going on... I can't say what was what.. I'd throw up the chewable vitamins, and always be nausiated in the am. Just broth worked ok for awhile.. Hang in there. You'll learn what you can tolerate, and the feeling that I had to burp or blow up has finally passed. Good luck for a quick recovery !