Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No surgery for me.......

So, no sleep apnea, which is was the last shot I had at getting insurance approval. I am sad and the worldly side of me wants to just say "forget it, I'm just gonna pay for it myself" but then I get a gut check in my soul about it and I know it's the Lord telling me "no, the doors didn't open for the surgery, don't force it". So, I'm not going to force it.

I'm going to go back on the supplements that I was taking toward the end of last year that helped me lose 18.5 lbs. They are all natural and help me be healthier in general, and enhance my results when I put out a little effort in the eating department. I've bought an elliptical and it is kicking my rear end. I made it 7 minutes on it today going at about a 45-50 speed with level 3 resistance, no incline. It's going to be a slow process but I've got to do it. I have my Body Applicators to help my inch loss go faster like it did last year and when I see results like that it makes me work even harder to make sure I keep those plus more off.

I'm going to be cutting out my Java Monsters gradually. I drink two a day so I'm going to quit one of them to start with. I can't decide wether to quit the Java Monster or cut out cokes first. I'm thinking I may cut out the cokes first and then after a week or so, cut out my 1st Java Monster of the day and replace it with a Protein shake for Breakfast and then in another week or so, cut out my mid afternoon Java Monster and add in another shake or something that can mimic that flavor but is good for my body. I have a Thermogenic food plan that my company put together to go along with the supplements and wraps that they offer. I broke the food list card out yesterday and looked it over and it is very healthy foods consisting of 5 groups of food: complex carbs (fibrous, natural simple carbs (fruit and dairy, complex carbs (starchy), lean Proteins and essential fats. You eat 6 meals a day if you are a female over 200 lbs. It tells you what combinations of the food groups to eat for each meal so that it has the largest thermogenic fat burning benefit. My whole family will be going on this plan in 2 weeks. Hoping to have my coke and Java Monster problem taken care of by then.

I'm nervous and scared about doing this all over again on my own. But, this time it does feel different. I'm attacking it in a more rounded way where as before, everytime I would diet with extreme tendencies like NO carb and no exercise. Or I would exercise my butt off but wouldn't do much about the quality of food I ate, just counted calories which meant I was eating crap not good quality healthy foods that provided the nutrients my body needed. This time I'm going to go moderately into exercise and I'm going to work on getting rid of some bad habits and addictions before we start the new way of eating. And I want to make this new way of eating fun by actually learning how to prepare things and making it a family affair for me and my husband and hopefully get my son involved in some of the food preparation too. I don't know, I feel better this time for some reason. Maybe because my world isn't going to 100% change tomorrow. I'll have a little time to mentally prepare myself as each change happens and get used to it before the next change comes.

Anyway, I just want to say that I have so enjoyed getting to know some of you and learning from ALL of you. I am so ecstatic for every single one of you who are able to get the surgery and admire the work you all put in working that sleeve. I had my heart set on being one of you. I still want to be one of you, as far as success stories go, but I just have to go about it a different way. I would say "unfortunately" about the different way I have to go about it but I can't because this is the Lord's plan for me so I can't be regretful about it.

I hope y'all won't mind me coming and reading and keeping up with your stories and learning from the things y'all do in your way of eating. I may not post much because I won't have any experience with the sleeve but I'll say "whats upppppppp" every now and then, LOL So, there's my update. Y'all rock and inspire me so much!!! Looking forward to my journey and hope to join y'all on the loser's bench even though it'll be sans sleeve for me. God bless y'all!!!!!

Krystal

PS I'm going to post this on the OH board too. Just wanted to let those of you know who visit both so you wouldn't have to go through reading the same thing twice, LOL ;-)

I am sorry to hear your news. Congrats tho on your positive attitude and willingness to be proactive.

I got really frustrated with myself when I couldn't do it on my own - so if you reach that point, please let yourself reconsider self paying.

I truly hope the sleeve will become more mainstream, covered by insurances and those who would benefit so much from it, will be able to get it.

Good Luck to you!

Thanks girl!! Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me how they WANT something to be wrong with you when you don't fall into this 30lb or so range thats below the 40 BMI they require to be able to get it without co-morbidities. I mean, seems to me that if I gained the 26 lbs it would take to be at a 40 BMI, something would be wrong with me then more than likely. Why not nip it in the bud at a 36 BMI now instead of letting things get worse before they'll cover it. Who knows. If they change the rules and I haven't been successful by then, I'll definitely do the surgery. For now, I'll take my blessings the Lord's given me with my health and try once again to do my part to take care of the weight. We shall see :-)

I'm really sorry to hear this news, but when one door closes, God opens a window.

Best wishes, and I hope you do stick around here. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I am really sorry to hear you were denied. How sad to be reminded that our health care systems cares nothing about preventative medicine. I paid myself because I saw the writing on the wall and was blessed with the money to pay for it. However it is an awful thing when we have to make ourselves sick or be sick in order to get help. I hope everything works out for you and send good wishes your way. Seaview

UPDATE!!! I got a call this morning from the hospital wanting to set up a sleep study. I told them that my doc had said the results from the pulse ox were normal. So, I didn't schedule anything and called the docs office. She said they had gotten a call from the people who gave me the machine from the test and they said that I qualified for oxygen so my dr. ordered me a full fledged sleep study before just going off of that. I'm supposed to hear Monday on if they can find somewhere closer to me than the 2 hours that the hospital is and set me up there to have it done. So, I thought the door was closed but evidently there's still a little opening in it. Let me be clear though, I do NOT want to have sleep apnea and will be very thankful if it turns out normal like I thought the pulse ox test had. If it doesn't, then I'll be thankful it was found and go ahead with seeing about getting everything submitted again to insurance for approval. I'll update when I find out more. God bless!

Krystal

Krystal,

I wish you the best however things turn out. You have a great attitude about all of this. This will go a long way toward helping you be successful with your weightloss goals.

Ditto here-your attitude is one of acceptance and optimism and I pray that you will be successful through whichever door it is you walk through on your WL journey. God speed and blessings.

Krystal, I am glad you have another shot! And sleep apnea isn't so bad : ) I was diagnosed in January and got my cpap machine after my surgery in February. Seems the sleep apnea goes away for many people with weight loss. That is definitely what I am hoping for. I have adjusted to the machine fairly well, and I think I might be feeling a little better. If you do get one, see if they will let you have two masks. I started with the nostril pillows and about 2 weeks later also got a small mask. I rotate back and forth between the two; just depends on how I feel.

good luck! I am hoping you will need the cpap just enough to qualify for surgery - then you can ditch it later! : )

UPDATE!!! I got a call this morning from the hospital wanting to set up a sleep study. I told them that my doc had said the results from the pulse ox were normal. So, I didn't schedule anything and called the docs office. She said they had gotten a call from the people who gave me the machine from the test and they said that I qualified for oxygen so my dr. ordered me a full fledged sleep study before just going off of that. I'm supposed to hear Monday on if they can find somewhere closer to me than the 2 hours that the hospital is and set me up there to have it done. So, I thought the door was closed but evidently there's still a little opening in it. Let me be clear though, I do NOT want to have sleep apnea and will be very thankful if it turns out normal like I thought the pulse ox test had. If it doesn't, then I'll be thankful it was found and go ahead with seeing about getting everything submitted again to insurance for approval. I'll update when I find out more. God bless!

Krystal

Krystal, I'll pray for some guidance at this point. I know you don't want sleep apnea, for me it's a pretty scary diagnosis. But, I know that God will carry you through, and give you the knowledge and peace you need during this time.

Hang in there ! ! !

I'm sorry you didnt get the insurance but I'm glad you don't have the co-mobities, You are a strong lady and will be successful this time, you sound like you're at peace with it. Carla