Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about so many things

Tiffany - about the PPI - our ins. will cover the Prilosec, or whichever one the doctor prescribed for me when I was in Dallas last week, but the co-pay is $50, they did say I could get an OTC chewable if our ins. didn't cover it or if it the co-pay was high....I cannot remember which one it is, but what do you think about the OTC, will it be ok?

Prilosec comes in generic form called Omeprazole so you should be able to get it in RX form for less of a co-pay. Nexium co-pays are usually pretty high so that sounds about right. I know for my insurance even through the military, my co-pay for Nexium was $39 per month. That is why I chose Prilosec, and I get it filled on base with 0 co-pay. If I fill the RX at Walgreens, it's a $3 co-pay for my generic Prilosec.

Prilosec OTC is also 20mg so I'm sure that would work for you. But, when I checked the cost it was about 14-20 bucks for 28 pills. If your generic co-pay is less than that, I would see if you could get the RX. I'm all about saving a buck.

I know that some people really like Prevacid, but I've never used it OTC or RX.

What is the difference between the RX version and the OTC version?

They told me last week that they'll send me home with prescriptions for all of them and to just fill whichever one would be cheapest as all insurances are different.

I've never taken any of them so I'm not sure what to do. I imagine I'll bring the scripts to my pharmacy and let them tell me my co-pay on each.

What is the difference between the RX version and the OTC version?

They told me last week that they'll send me home with prescriptions for all of them and to just fill whichever one would be cheapest as all insurances are different.

I've never taken any of them so I'm not sure what to do. I imagine I'll bring the scripts to my pharmacy and let them tell me my co-pay on each.

My surgeon did the same thing for me. Ultimately I ended up getting a script for Aciphex-one tiny yellow tablet a day, zero side effects. It doesn't come in a generic but I only make a $3.00 co-pay.:001_tongue: