Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved Jan. 26 and have lost 26lbs since surgery. Anything I eat goes down just fine, even nuts which made me happy. I feel totally normal and sometimes forget I even have the sleeve now. I'm hungry all the time though, so I hope that dies down eventually.

Thank you for saying that you're hungry all the time... I am as well. Not as badly nor ferociously as before, but it's there. So, this is harder than I had imagined, but I'm making it work... I've been waiting for meds for the H.Pylori I've been diagnosed with, and hoping this will help with the hunger... One of the side effects I read about for H.Pylori bacteria is hunger. So, we'll see.

You're doing great! :smile:

I was sleeved on the 1st of Feb. I was 270 pre op and 247 now. Wish I would loose more but not sure what else I can do I stay away from carbs exercise 4 times a week and I am stuck. :)

I was sleeved Jan. 26 and have lost 26lbs since surgery. Anything I eat goes down just fine, even nuts which made me happy. I feel totally normal and sometimes forget I even have the sleeve now. I'm hungry all the time though, so I hope that dies down eventually.

When you say you are hungry all the time, that concerns me!! How do you keep from eating and do you fill up quickly? What about the hormone that is suppose to go away with the surgery? Some, actually many say that they have no hunger for quite a while....which is what I'm hoping for! Do you find it easy to not give in or do you think it is what everyone refers to as head hunger and something you'll work through??? Good luck and it is sooooo exciting to see all the results of everyone's hard work after surgery....what success!!!

Sleeved February 9th. I've lost 29 lbs. I haven't exercised really and don't really follow a diet at all b/c I just can't right now, although I tend to focus more on Protein, a little carbs, a little fat. Kind of eat what I can. I'll buckle down if I need to, but I'm not particularly interested in losing super duper fast b/c I don't want any issues with hair, gallbladder, etc. I'm hoping to be down another 10 lbs by my husbands bday in early June. I also LOVE seeds, like sunflower seeds, like crazy. Maybe I need the sodium and Protein? It is possible. It is something I can do that doesn't really fill me up, so every couple days I have some. I'm happy with my weight loss. I'm still a little sore around belly button some days from the moment I wake up (my surgeon cuts there as the major site, just 1 other short cut somewhere near my ribs). I think it is b/c I sleep on my stomach, kind of like when you are pregnant and not sure if you can/should be sleeping there. But it is no big deal. I have my 6 week follow up next Tuesday so we'll see what he says, but I think I'm fine.

Still wondering where the sleeve is, since I only feel my esophagus like if I eat too much or my belly button. Funny how I never felt the sleeve itself so I guess that is good it is working fine.

When you say you are hungry all the time, that concerns me!! How do you keep from eating and do you fill up quickly? What about the hormone that is suppose to go away with the surgery? Some, actually many say that they have no hunger for quite a while....which is what I'm hoping for! Do you find it easy to not give in or do you think it is what everyone refers to as head hunger and something you'll work through???

Ya, tell me about it! My main motivation for surgery was eliminating the hunger, and I still get it! I'm jealous of those who post and say they forget to eat because they're never hungry. But for some it happened after 3 mos out, so I'm still hoping it will kick in. But at least the cravings are gone. Heavy starchy foods don't sound good anymore like before, nor do sweet things. I think I prefer clean and lean now, like chicken and veggies.

Ya, tell me about it! My main motivation for surgery was eliminating the hunger, and I still get it! I'm jealous of those who post and say they forget to eat because they're never hungry. But for some it happened after 3 mos out, so I'm still hoping it will kick in. But at least the cravings are gone. Heavy starchy foods don't sound good anymore like before, nor do sweet things. I think I prefer clean and lean now, like chicken and veggies.

Everybody talks about the things they like NOW that they did NOT care for before surgery and the things that don't appeal to them that did previously....I think that will be interesting. I'll be so sad if my love of Mexican food goes away, although it might be a good thing. I've already figured out what will be easy when we go out, fajita meat, beef, chicken or shrimp...and refried beans! Simple! :(

Thank you for saying that you're hungry all the time... I am as well. Not as badly nor ferociously as before, but it's there. So, this is harder than I had imagined, but I'm making it work... I've been waiting for meds for the H.Pylori I've been diagnosed with, and hoping this will help with the hunger... One of the side effects I read about for H.Pylori bacteria is hunger. So, we'll see.

You're doing great! :(

I have had the same thing happening, I tried taking a previcid at night as well as the nexium in the morning as some have suggested but that didn't stop the huggeries. Usually just snacking on almonds helps. It mostly happens in the mornings till lunch time as I am not a Breakfast person, the only thing I can tolerate in the AM is a Protein shake. Then around 10AM I can eat something.

Brenda

I had my surgery on January 13th. I have lost 66 lbs as of today. I am still not feeling 100% yet. It has been very encouraging a part of this VSG site. I have to attribute a part of my success to the others who support, share and encourage. I wish you great success. It sounds like you had a Lap Band before. I went with the Sleeve because of my friends who told me that if their insurance company would have paid for it they would have been Sleeved rather than Banded. The cost was the same for me and the decision was easy. I look forward to hearing and sharing in the coming weeks and months.:lol0:

I have had the same thing happening, I tried taking a previcid at night as well as the nexium in the morning as some have suggested but that didn't stop the huggeries. Usually just snacking on almonds helps. It mostly happens in the mornings till lunch time as I am not a Breakfast person, the only thing I can tolerate in the AM is a Protein shake. Then around 10AM I can eat something.

Brenda

My "hunger" progresses as the day goes on. It's very bad at the end of the day and at night. This is why I have now decided to try taking a second Prevacid at the end of the day. It hasn't started helping much yet (I've been taking the second one for two days), but I'll let you know how it all pans out if it does start to help me. At first I craved the "old standbys", food that is TERRIBLE for anyone... but that has started to subside. I even tested myself once, and tried a "fast food" I would have totally loved before. Two bites in, I threw it away. It just didn't do it for me...

Anyways, maybe we should start a thread about hunger issues with the sleeve? Perhaps more of us talking, and sharing, would be helpful? We might also be able to help each other determine our "head hunger" versus tummy?

Anyone with me? Best! :lol0:

I had my surgery Jan 21st. Maybe the 22nd. Gees I can't remember. It says on my signature. I've lost about 40 pounds. I'm excited. I keep my carbs down under 30 and loose something everyday. food....well....I could take it or leave it. My stomach hurts every time I eat. No matter what it is. I'm hoping that dies down. I'm never hungry. If I get busy I completely forget. I miss drinking (chugging) Water though. Sometimes I just wish I could down a glass of cold Water.

Lately I've been missing my diet coke. I haven't craved it until now. I think with the weather change makes me want a cold diet coke. yummmm! Probably would hurt my stomach though. ;-)

Congrats everyone!

My stomach hurts every time I eat. No matter what it is. I'm hoping that dies down.

Are you taking anything, like Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec? I remember reading on another thread a while back that your doc didn't require this? I'm not sure... but it might help. I think over production of acid definitely keeps our tummies swollen longer (if we don't take something for it), and that would create discomfort and pain.

Best! ;)

I was sleeved Feb 1 and am down about 30 some lbs. I can eat anything and it feels great! With the band I was uncomfortable every single day for 5 years. I had a follow up appointment right before our cruise and then today (cruised March 14-21). The doc was quite impressed that I lost 6 lbs while on a cruise. I was a bad girl and got a BLT from room service every day too. Granted, I only ate maybe 3 bites, but I should not have done that.

I was a diet dr pepper and beer fiend. Now, no desire. When I asked the doc about ever having carbonation again he said, "I should tell you no. Really though, if it doesn't bother you then drink it. If it hurts you then you won't be doing it again." Definitely true LOL I drank it all while I had my band and never any issues with the carbonation. Now I get my unsweet tea through the McD's drive thru rather than my diet coke and am happy with it ;)

Everyone is doing such a fantastic job!