Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you made it to goal/how quickly?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you made it to goal/how quickly?

• At about 6 months post-op, I have lost steadily.
    • At about 6 months post-op, I have lost slowly.
    • At about 1 year post-op, I have am near my goal weight.
    • At about 1 year post-op, I have surpassed my goal weight by more than 5 Lbs.
    • At about 1 year post-op, I still have a ways to go to goal weight (25 Lbs. or more).
    • I AM completely satisfied with the Sleeve and my rate of weight loss.
    • I am NOT completely satisfied with the Sleeve and my rate of weight loss.
    • I had at least 100 Lbs. to lose to reach my goal weight.

Hi! I'm researching the VSG. I am banded and I'm just making absolute sure this time that this IS what I want to do. ;) Anyway, I've been reading alot and I have noticed how many more people here who are either close to goal, reached goal or have surpassed it by more than 5 Lbs. That is so incredible!

I need to lose 100 Lbs still and I want to know how feasible it would be to make goal in a year's time.

I am making this multiple choice, as at the last few options could also apply to you. Thank you soooo much everyone!

Thank you for any/all responses!

Irene.

Edited by LilMissDiva

I had 113 pounds to lose when I had my revision to the sleeve from band.

I hit goal right around 6.5 months, and now currently 15lbs below goal as of this morning.

My starting band weight was 270, I lost a miserable 7 pounds with the band, revisision date weigh-in 263, and today I'm sitting at 135.

I stand 5'2", and lost quickly. I was extremely strict with my carbs during the first 4 months, and did have some complications that contributed to some of my loss initially. But, I optimized the first 4 months with 75lbs dropped. The weight loss slowed down around November, and I've been losing sporadically since January.

I am trying to maintain, but I've figured out my body is going to stop when it's happy. I'm perfectly content with my loss, with life with the sleeve, and the quality of life I have and foresee having for many years to come.

I know several female patients that had 100 lbs to lose that have lost those pounds within 6-8 months of either revising from the band, or were virgin sleeve patients.

I'm 33 years old, and have several women that are 20 years my senior do just as well if not better than I have with the sleeve.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm an open-book about my journey. ;)

I was sleeved in the middle of July 2009, and I have lost 98.8 pounds in 7 months. When I get discouraged with myself, I remind myself that I have lost almost 100 pounds in SEVEN months. That, to me, is incredible. I still have some more to lose (45 according to my Dr, 65 or so according to me), and while I have some stalls, I am still losing steadily and am completely satisfied with the sleeve.

My main concern is not gaining the weight back when my husband and I decide to start a family.