Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 64 and have lost 100 pounds

Hi Everyone,

You are NEVER too old to start a healthy life. I was sleeved 10/21/08 by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali and now have reached my goal of a weight loss of 100 pounds. It has been an amazing journey and I feel fantastic. Life has never been better than it is right now. You can do this too. I failed at so many 'Diets" in my life. This is NOT a diet, but a lifestyle change that I can and will do for the rest of my life. It takes effort on your part to get here, but you can do it if you want to. I used to hate the word exercise, now I honestly look forward to it. I make sure I eat healthy foods too.

I want to live until I am 100 and this is my tool to allow me to do it!:D

If you have any question please contact me, I am happy to share things with you or give you my advise from my experience.

Take care,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Thanks for posting this, I leave this Sunday to have surgery with Dr. Aceves on Monday. Can't wait to get this new lifestyle started.

Hi Everyone,

You are NEVER too old to start a healthy life. I was sleeved 10/21/08 by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali and now have reached my goal of a weight loss of 100 pounds. It has been an amazing journey and I feel fantastic. Life has never been better than it is right now. You can do this too. I failed at so many 'Diets" in my life. This is NOT a diet, but a lifestyle change that I can and will do for the rest of my life. It takes effort on your part to get here, but you can do it if you want to. I used to hate the word exercise, now I honestly look forward to it. I make sure I eat healthy foods too.

I want to live until I am 100 and this is my tool to allow me to do it!:001_tongue:

If you have any question please contact me, I am happy to share things with you or give you my advise from my experience.

Take care,

Suzanne

Wow Suzanne, you are a total inspiration . . . i'm so proud of you, I read somewhere here on the threads that one of our sleeve sisters/brothers, are eating ice cream cause "it goes down so good" that makes me so sad. . you spend a small fortune on this tool and then don't even help yourself. . you are right, you must help yourself in order for this to work. . . keep up the excellent work :001_smile:

i can tell you right now thinoneday: we will all have set backs. i have eaten sf ice cream. i don't eat it everyday like i use too,but there are days i just need a few bites. today i was so stressed at work today over my 15 yr old son-he got into trouble at school/ that i went out to a .25 cent candy machine a got a handfull of peanut m&m's. i knew afterward i shouldn't have but the head stress go to me. i felt so guilty afterward i wanted to go throw it up,but didn't. just chalked it up as a bad bad day!!!

i can tell you right now thinoneday: we will all have set backs. i have eaten sf ice cream. i don't eat it everyday like i use too,but there are days i just need a few bites. today i was so stressed at work today over my 15 yr old son-he got into trouble at school/ that i went out to a .25 cent candy machine a got a handfull of peanut m&m's. i knew afterward i shouldn't have but the head stress go to me. i felt so guilty afterward i wanted to go throw it up,but didn't. just chalked it up as a bad bad day!!!

...not an entirely bad choice...nuts are good for you. As long as we are mindful of what we are eating, and set the limits we need to on how much/how often we do it, there is no problem. Monitoring weight, getting in the good stuff (Protein, Vitamins, etc) is more the focus than eliminating treats. Like you said, it's a lifestyle, not a diet!

Good for you! I am right there with you. I had my surgery with Dr. Aceves the end of May one month before my 65th birthday. With the pre-op weight loss and the loss since I am also past the 100 lb. mark. I'm shooting for a little more but it is more vanity weight than weight I actually need to lose. I look great and feel even better than that.

Don't let age scare you off. You can do it and you will be happy you did. I figure I have at least another 20 years to go and I may as well feel good for those years.

Suzanne and Rosebud,

Thank you for posting these awesome results. Congratulations to you both.

I'm 59 and having the sleeve in 10 days. I hope to see great results too!

Wow, what a success story. You are my hero !!! I am so happy you reached this mile stone and posted. CONGRATSULATION !!!!

I will be 68 this year. And have been researching for the last year. I keep thinking that maybe that I am too old and foolish to take the risk of surgery. After 30 years of yoyo dieting, its taken its toll on my body. 10 years of Fibrobromyalgia and now RA, plus heavy duty meds. I also want to live to be 100 years old.

Might have to be self pay, but trying to see if Medicare will do. I did find a Dr in Vegas that takes Medicare.

Thank you so much for the inspiration, god bless you Susanne.

Verne:thumbup:

It is NEVER too late. You have many years left to your life. Go for it!

Who is the doctor in Vegas who takes Medicare? Do you live in Vegas? I do. Some of us will be getting together March 6. Are you interested?

Aloha Rosebud, I live in the Hawaiian Islands. This info was given to me by Dr. Cirangles office in SF.

Drs Atkinson and Soong bandandbypass.com. The girl that answered phone says they do VSG and Medicare pays for it. They were going to call me back with more answers, but have not yet. I am in hope of being able to go to Vegas for surgery. I will go to Mexico as second choice. I still have a chance they might do surgery at Castle Hospital in Honolulu. There is a seminar on my Island to attend this month. Every one gives you a different answer when it comes to Medicare. Its very confusious for this old chicken.

Congrats to you for your sucessful journey. What an accomplishment !!!! Just to know you will never be over weight again, must be heaven.

Verne :blushing:

Well good luck to you. I thought Medicare excluded the VSG.

If worse comes to worst I had a wonderful experience in Mexico. Don't give up your dream. Keep us posted.

Labrys here...

Um... I'm 62 and believe I'll have the surgery in June. Thank you for posting this. I was wondering how we seasoned girls would do with the surgery. Congrats on your success!

Labrys here...

Um... I'm 62 and believe I'll have the surgery in June. Thank you for posting this. I was wondering how we seasoned girls would do with the surgery. Congrats on your success!

Congrats to you on having your date. I wish you a smooth and uneventful surgery and recovery. Stay connected to this message board there are many wonderful people here that offer good information and support.

wowow thanks for being an inspiration and for keeping us motivated with your positive way of seeing things!!! keep it up and be happy:thumbup1: