Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Post-Op Diet Log (START: Mushies Stage)

I count net carbs. For instance ... Chili is a "carby" Soup, however the carbs come from Beans which have alot of Fiber and they don't cause sugar spikes or cravings.

The amount of Fiber is so critical that it's not good to avoid a food with higher carbs if it has alot of fiber.

3 different nutritionists (when I had the band) told me to only count net carbs.

WisconsinGal,

I am so jealous you can eat eggs. I had a bday lunch and we ordered take-out. A bit of a toughy. The two choices I saw on the menu that I felt might work were a cup of corn chowder, or a Breakfast taco (scrambled egg, black Beans and avacado). I was a bit worried about the corn, I am still on mushies and I did not think corn would qualify, so I ordered the taco. I had three bites, and thought I had eaten an anchor. It was like lead. The avacado was yum, but the egg was still to "solid." I am so happy on the mushies, do I ever have to go to soft solids?

Total Calories: 891

Fat: 45.60

Carbs: 73.91

Prot: 53.69

Breakfast

??* 1 large Egg omelet or Scrambled Egg with cheese

* 1*serving*Light String cheese

* 1*serving*Whole Wheat Low Carb Flour Tortilla

lunch

* 0.125*serving*Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies

* 1*serving*Light String Cheese

??* 1*serving*Roast Beef Canned

* 1*serving*Whole Wheat Low Carb Flour Tortilla

dinner

* 1*serving*Broccoli and Cheese

* 1/4*serving*Lean Beef Stew meat

* 0.02*serving*Mongolian Beef Seasoning Mix

1 piece White Cake with Icing (Home Recipe or Purchased)

Snacks / Other

* 1*serving*Homemade Ice Cream

Today's Observation:

I think that stuff about the nerve endings in the stomach coming alive a few weeks after surgery are true. Or else, I am finally eating less carbs! LOL.. I have been very full the past two days. My morning meal totally rocks and is VERY heavy and satisfactory. lunch was a joke. I got the meal and then pretty much picked at it because I was full almost right away. And dinner... LOL... I was actually planning on eating a whole slice, but I couldn't. I sliced my one piece into 3 parts and couldn't eat all of it! Yeah! I am adding the two Snacks for later tonight... I need the extra Protein and the knowledge that I am getting a few more "treats" tonight... Now, if I could just stop eating real food and go to mushies or soft foods... I think I completely skipped mushed and soft foods... agh. :frown1:.. I am looking forward to my leftovers (today's lunch) tomorrow and probably tomorrow night, too! Later everyone...

Fat(g) Carbs(g) Prot(g) KCals

34.95 39.79 70.48 753

Breakfast (Aimee's String Burrito)

1 large Egg omelet or Scrambled Egg with cheese

1 serving Light String cheese

1 serving Whole Wheat Low Carb Flour Tortilla

lunch (Pollo Asado from my local mex restaurant)

0.125 California Avocados

1/2 serving Pollo Asado

0.075 serving Refriend Beans-full fat

1/3 10 chip serving Tortilla Corn chips

dinner (Part of my stepson's birthday dinner)

0.3 serving Taco Orginal Crust pizza (Large)

Snacks / Other (to help me boost protein)

2 servings Lactose sugar free Light chocolate shake

So apparently I am an idiot. I thought I could finish off that pizza and even though my body was saying "hey, we are getting full here"... My head is going "well, finish what you have in your hand".

Needless to say, I threw up my pizza. I hated the experience but man, I love my sleeve for making me accountable for my stupidity!

Post Op day

Fat(g). Carbs(g). Prot(g). KCals

25.99. 25.1. 64.81. 613

Brunch

??* 2*servings*Egg Beaters - Original

* 1*serving*Lactose sugar free Light chocolate shake

* 1*serving*Monterey Jack & Jalapeno cheese

* 1*serving*Veggie Breakfast Sausage Patties

dinner

?* 1/4*serving*Crock Pot Classics Beef Pot Roast

* 1/4 cup White Rice (Long-Grain, Cooked)

Snacks / Other

* 1/2*serving*Homemade Ice Cream

??* 1*servings*Lactose sugar free Light chocolate shake

Today's Observation: I had another eating too fast episode, but I am learning!

Stacie, I make it to Milwaukee when I need to. I would certainly make a trip to meet a fellow sleever! Let's plan something?

Thinoneday, check out my "Aimee's Surprise Chili" recipe! I was trying for something with refried Beans and ended up with a yummy surprise!

Today: Day 17 post op

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Lunch:

4 bonesless wings(over a few hrs)

2 cups egg drop Soup

Dinner:

1/2 cup Aimee's Suprise Chili

Ricotta Desser

Snack: 1 Muscle Milk Light

Water throughout the day.

Cal: 600

Carbs: 20.29

Prot: 48.74

End of Day Observation: I was really not hungry today. I am drinking more Crystal light (ergo more water) and I didn't feel starved today. I am actually adding the muscle milk and the ricotta dessert right now because I don't have enough calories or protein! argh! I may add a Protein shot if I go to sleep late... but not likely!

I made my "Surprise Chili" today and it was REALLY good and filling. Thank God it turned out into something good even though it wasn't what I was originally making! LOL...:thumbup1:

I would like that chili recipe. Can you send it to me ( chichis30@yahoo.com) I am day 28 post sleeve. I am new to the group and still learning my way around this website. Thanks. Sheri

I would like that chili recipe. Can you send it to me ( chichis30@yahoo.com) I am day 28 post sleeve. I am new to the group and still learning my way around this website. Thanks. Sheri

Sheri, here is the link to that thread. http://verticalsleevetalk.com/recipe-sharing/2966-aimees-surpise-chili.html I forgot about that recipe! Bookmarked it! :thumbup1: