Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi i just want to know the total intake of calories we bandsters should be takin in daily..i know certain doctors tell us certain amount but i wanted to ask you'll the patients

thanks

Hey there. Well my doctor has me 1200 calories a day. 60g of Protein and 30g of fat. It's hard for me to intake all that fat. But I been doing well so far I guess.

My doctor's orders are as follows:

800-1,000 calories per day (I've been averaging about 950)

minimum of 60 grams of Protein per day (I average about 75)

That's to be done in three meals per day, four hours between meals, and no Snacks. I can't eat enough in three meals to get that much in, so I sometimes have Fiber One Cereal or Pop Secret 100 calorie Kettle Corn for an early evening snack.< /p>

My surgeon forbids calorie counting! His deal is "you've dieted before it and didn't work." He tells his patients...3 meals a day and no snacking (protein first, then veggie, then...).

This is what I REALLY do. I count my calories on fitday.com. I usually try to get 1200 average per day, with a min. of 60 grams of Protein, plus Fiber rich foods. I do snack, as when I get hungry I also get the shoulder pain. The only relief, from my shoulder pain, is feeding my stomach????

I need a fill, but have averaged 1200-1400 per day. My loss had slowed, but also I am not requiring the amount of calories because my body isn't as large. I expected this...

Shawn

Hey Shawn, I've heard the "dont count calories" thing too, but I find it very hard to keep a real perspective on what I'm actually doing unless I am counting them, don't you? I used to find that I ate too much and thought I wasn't eating much at all - until I added up every bite and drink. What a shock. But now, it seems that my perception of the "right amount" has been skewed to the point of insanity. I drive myself nuts thinking I've eaten WAY too much and I that I must NEED a fill... but then I add up the day's intake and find out that I'm not even hitting a 1,000 calorie day average over the month. I really rely on those numbers to help me keep my head straight!

Hey Shawn, I've heard the "dont count calories" thing too, but I find it very hard to keep a real perspective on what I'm actually doing unless I am counting them, don't you? I used to find that I ate too much and thought I wasn't eating much at all - until I added up every bite and drink. What a shock. But now, it seems that my perception of the "right amount" has been skewed to the point of insanity. I drive myself nuts thinking I've eaten WAY too much and I that I must NEED a fill... but then I add up the day's intake and find out that I'm not even hitting a 1,000 calorie day average over the month. I really rely on those numbers to help me keep my head straight!

Susan,

Amen to that! My perception is way off. That's why the calorie counting helps me realize what I am eating. I also rely on the numbers and fitday helps me out bigtime!

Shawn

My Doctor says for me 1000 - 1200 calories per day.

I try to get in 60 grams of Protein and 25 grams of fiber. I choose to stay away from bread, and sugar. Fats and Carbs seem to take care of themselves with these two targets and calorie restrictions.

I have to count calories, Protein, & fiber. When I didn't, I felt weak and was having to use Milk of Mag to go to the bathroom. I also seem to lose weight alot easier with more calories, protein, & fiber. Of course at least 64 ounces of Water per day.

My MD advises 1200 calories a day but that's over 3 meals and 2 Snacks a day. The snacks are 100-150 calories each. Of course, fast food, processed food, etc., is all discouraged.

There's nothing specific about bandsters and calories - its a totally individual thing depending on your metabolic rate and how active you are. I can lose (slowly but still significantly) on 1500-1800 or so a day but I dont count, it doesnt help me, it just makes me obsessed with food. I know whenever I do a mental tote up, it falls somewhere in there, so the occasional day may be more, but then again, the occasional day may be less too.

Most doctors will advise on averages of course, what the average woman of average activity level burns per day but it really is particular to your individual body, find what works for you and stick with it.

If I chose to count calories and stick down around 1000-1200 I'd be losing a kilo a week for sure. But I cant be bothered, too much like dieting for me. I honestly feel like I've lost the weight I have so far without dieting at all, which is the way I wanted it.