Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO i'm at a stand still of 245 and sadly i'm not one of those people who loses inches even if the scale is still. pass few weeks i have been thinking about it. yes it only been 4 months down 76 but i still have 97 more to go. on top of that i feel like i'm on a diet. i eat about 600 calories a day i exercise three days a week. my biggest fear is when i get to 150 i'll struggle to stay there. i also wonder will it get me to goal i'm not going to settle for 200 and be happy with that no i refuse to. it exhausting. Maybe it pressure from other people too. you know they are watching and waiting for the results and if a year from not i'm no where near goal i'll feel like a loser (I'm such a people pleaser) Anyway it just a thought.

xoxo,

nikki

Edited by ryansgirl

Nikki, I'm new here and still pre-op, but it looks like you're doing great shedding 76 pounds in 4 months! I bet some of the folks who have been sleeved for awhile now will give you some great advice. It sounds like whatever you're doing is working great for you! Hang in there and happy holidays!

Have you considered increasing your calories to say 800 calories? Maybe you are not consuming enough calories to compensate and your body is hanging onto some of the pounds. I'm not opposed to the DS, and think it's a fabulous tool for some people.

I'm just tossing out some ideas for you, if you have tried these, just ignore me, but this helps me sometimes.

Change up your menu - If you are relying on Protein drinks, try eating a Protein full meal from food sources instead of the Protein Drinks. If you have a Protein Drink in the morning, try having one at night instead. Increase your Water intake. It sounds like you have been journaling your food intake so up your calories to see if you can get the scale to move again. Maybe add an extra day of cardio, or even up your weight training. Building muscle will burn the fat thus helping you lose inches.

Try some new foods. Incorporate something different every 2-3 days.

If you can get the scale moving again, and you continue on at the current rate, in another 4-6 months, you will only have about 20 pounds to go.

76 pounds in 4 months is amazing, and do not allow anyone else to decide your success.

Nikki, I'm sorry you are going through this right now. I think you are doing FABULOUS! Right now you have an average weight loss of 19 lbs. per month. But if you really think the DS might fit your maintenance lifestyle/weight better, then maybe you want to give a surgeon a call because in another few months you'll probably be too small (you really are working your sleeve well) for them to do another surgery. Good luck and try to not let what others think (even on here) sway your decisions.

Did I say that your doing a wonderful job;-)

Thanks guys i will try your ideas tiff any way i will kinda know where i stand in another two months so we shall see.

xoxo,

nikki