Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anybody sorry?

I want to know if there is anyone out there that is sorry they had the sleeve done. If so, please tell why.

Not in the least, this has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself both for my physical and emotional health.

I have absolutely zero regrets. I honestly believe even with all my complications, and little hurdles I had to overcome, I would do it all again.

Any of the negative things I've encountered have been exstinguished by all the positives. I'm a firm believer that a positive and focused mentality is the sure-fire way to overcome any obstacles. I won't deny frustrations here and there, but the overall results, and outcome has been fabulous for me.

My mantra for this lifestyle change is "No one said it would be easy, but they promised me it would all be worth it." I live by that every day, with every hurdle or obstacle I encounter in my every day life, but I think it's especially fitting for this surgery.

No regrets here! I wish I wouldve done something sooner! I was sleeved in September and I started around 250 lbs-this morning I weighed 190 lbs. You cant beat that with a stick. My clothes are falling off left and right, the hard part is keeping up with your new sizes. Right now im in a size 12. I have 4 months until my wedding and my goal is to reach goal by then! We'll see what happens! Thats 10 lbs a month-for four months! I think I can do it!

Prior to surgery, I was scared too but just think about how much better you will feel afterwards! Its so liberating. This procedure was worth every penny that I spent!

***SideNote**Dee-Dee You are looking GREAT! And you are so close to goal! You go girl! You and Tiffy are true inspirations to all of us!

NOPE NOPE AND NO! even with the probs i had in early would n't even stop me from doing it again. you'll find very little people who wish they didn't get it although i haven't met any yet but it not to say they arent out there.

xoxo,

nikki

I am 15 days post op, 31 lbs lighter, and feel so much better. I don't feel stuffed and swollen. I feel happier each day. The pre-op diet was the hardest for me, since I was still hungry, but each day gets easier and better.

In 3 weeks I will be getting back into regular foods and getting excited.

Good luck in whatever decision you make!

R

My only regret is that I waited this long to do this. I feel great and am starting to enjoy the way I look. I can eat basically what I want (although what I want more often than not has changed considerably from junk food to healthier choices) and my sleeve helps me manage the amount. I love my sleeve!

I agree with all my fellow VGers, wish I would have done this long ago, wish this was avail when I was younger, the quality of your life is so much improved in everyway. But remember, this is a life-time journey. You will get the weight off amazingly fast w/o much real physical hunger, but it is a life time commitment to healthy eating and exercise. Once we reach goal, it's not over and back to the usual routine of poor lifestyle habits. But, w/o the sleeve, I wouldn't have been able to do this, cause believe me, I have been on a diet since age 8 and it never worked until now.

hmmm,

when I was out of the OR at the hospital and espacially after I woke up , the only words I was saying were" I wish I didnt do it!" because I felt like crap. It's not an easy surgery and the feeling of throwing up and not being able to ven drink Water wasnt fun. but starting from the forth day , everything became different and I am now happy that I did it. yes, I regret it when I smell my favorite food but I come back and feel awesome that I didnt eat from it.

I am losing like 1 lb a day since the surgery 5th of dec 2009 and I am loving it day after day. it's going to be hard if u use food for comfort but it's doable and worth it. all in all , I am happy I did it and cant wait to be fit soon. good luck :thumbup:

no regrets!! Wish i couldve had this early in my life. The quality of my life would have been different and i would have been able to play with children more. I have missed so much of there life and mine because i have been heavy all of my life....

My only regret is that I didn't find out about it before I got the band. I wish I had gotten the sleeve years ago. I love it!

I agree, NO REGRETS! I had my surgery Aug. 13 and as of today, I'm down 80 lbs.:) I have so much energy, it's insane!!! This has been such a blessing. It's definately NOT the easy way out. I've been reminded of that the last month as we've gone to Christmas parties. Lots of temptations and the reality check that this is a lifelong way of eating, not just while loosing weight. But it's totally worth it!

Wow ladies you give me so much encouragement! I am hoping to be sleeved in early 2010. I just want to thank you for making this decision much easier for me.