Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Pre-Op Diet Log

So, what I was looking for was to see what others were eating so I could get ideas of what was Kosher, but it seems like everyone's diet is different... so I determined that my best bet to help someone else is to log what I ate. So the next person looking for this info can hopefully benefit from my struggles...

So this is what I did/am doing....

I started 2 week diet 1 week early. I figured the first week I could see what I liked, get my cheating out of the way and be able to get into a rhythm....

I am done with my first week...

I didn't log what I ate: but here is a breakdown...

Tuesday - Day 1:

8am: Carnation Instant Breakfast with low fat milk

10am: Trim Advantage fruit shake (Amway thing I had) - UGH

12pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water)

3pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water)

~6pm: Brococoli, shredded cheese and "Deep Fried" turkey (Sam's Club)

I was HUNGRY ALL DAY.. Deep Fried turkey was kinda salty and ughy!

Wednesday: HUGE CHEAT DAY

8am: :) 3 breakfast burritos (Yeah, I know!)

nursed a SF vanilla NF Latte until around 1pm

1pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water)

6pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water)

~8pm: Brococoli, shredded cheese and "Deep Fried" turkey (Sam's Club)

OMG, I was full that day but I felt SOOOO guilty... Amazing how much mental satisfaction i felt from being full...

Thursday- Day 2:

8am: Carnation Instant Breakfast with low fat milk & 2 boiled eggs - This helped me keep full until around noon...

12pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water)

3pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water)

~6pm: Brococoli, shredded cheese and "Oven Baked" turkey (Sam's Club) - Now this was WAYYY better... Yummy

Friday; Another freaking cheat day!

8am: Carnation Instant Breakfast with low fat milk & 2 boiled eggs

12pm: Trim Advantage chocolate shake (w/water) & 2 boiled eggs

3pm: pizza (Darn bowling party at work... gave in when 2nd rounds of pizza were served! Can't believe I still ate dinner!)

~8pm: Brococoli, shredded cheese and "Oven Baked" turkey (Sam's Club)

Saturday:

10pm: Soy Chocolate mix (Sam's Club), milk, Secure coffee mix, frozen strawberries - They soy thing was kinda nasty

3pm: Packet of chicken ramen noodle seasonings packet, whole bunch of spices, threw in like 2 pieces of ramen noodles (so I felt like I was getting away with something!) - This was yummy and just seeing those 2 strings of noodles floating satisfied something mentally.. kinda weird.

~8pm: Brococoli, shredded cheese, Tomato, spinach and "Oven Baked" turkey (Sam's Club) - I covered each piece of sliced turkey with spinach, tomato and topped with cheese and baked it. broccoli on the side.

10pm: Ensure

Sunday morning... so far lost 5 lbs - mini cheat day

12pm: Special K Chocolate premixed shake, 4 egg omelet with tomato and cheese.

3pm: Hit sam's club and it was samplesday... had some samples, enough to feel guilty but not enough to do major damage

7pm: Sausage, onions, broccoli and some velvetta cheese. I am sure the velvetta cheese wasn't a great idea... this felt like a very fatty meal and I didn't finish my portion. I had a shake later instead...

8:30pm: special K strawberry pre-mix shake...

So, i am done with all this cheating, even when i think it won't do harm. I am not doing the best with the carbs, but I need to do something that I will stick to, so I am going a bit higher on carbs that what the doc probably wanted....

Next week I will stick to a rhythm:

3-4 shakes in the day (~720 cals worst case)

Atkins like dinner and will go easy on the cheese and choose leaner meats...

I will report my intake daily. Hopefully it will keep me accountable, keep me from cheating and maybe y'all can give me some pointers on making my liquid meals less carby.

Thanks y'all!

Ok...so my pre-op day went like this:

early morning:

Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa with a splash of Gingerbread Creamer

Breakfast:

2 eggs, 2 individual portions of reduced fat cheese nuked in the microwave until crisp

Snack:

sugar free Jello with Cool Whip Free

Lunch:

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Protein powder in Water (yuck, better in skim milk but I'm out)

2 stalks of celery with low fat cream cheese

snack: hot tea with sugar free hazelnut creamer

supper:

6oz Swai (my favorite fish)

1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese

1 small slice Tomato

Crystal Light all day...probably 60 oz Water plus the cocoa, tea and Protein Drink.

Damn, I want a biscuit with strawberry jelly and some ice cream and some chocolate and some cheeseburgers and some chocolate chip Cookies and some of my grandma's warm bread custard. (sob)

Carnation w/Milk 250 cal, 28g carb, 5g Protein

2 boiled eggs 150 cal, 0g carb, 12g protein

4c Egg Drop Soup 244 cal, 40g carb, 4g protein

Trim Adv. Choc shake 200 cal, 31g carb, 15g protein

Low Sodium V8 juice 70 cal, 15g carb, 3g protein

Turkey, cheese,

Tomato, Spinach, Veg 200 cal, 3g carb, 20g protein

------------------------------------------------------

Total 1114 cal, 117 carb, 49.2g protein

So I called my surgery rep because I think I am having WAYYYY too many carbs and he told me "Don't worry, my patients normally don't even bother to do the diet, so just do your best!" This is NOT what I was looking for! ARGH...

I had a lot talk with my VSG mentor (from this site) Tiffykins and decided to do a low fat (south beach like) Atkins so that I can keep the high Protein, low carb and low fat. But I will still try to incorporate the muscle milk light I boutght so that I can get rid of that!

This is what I am planning for tomorrow:

B: 2 egg, cheese, onion omelet (265 cal, 1 carb, 18 protein)

S: Muscle Milk Light (100 cal, 5 carbs, 15g protein)

L: Some sort of meat and salad ( ~ 10g protein)

S: Muscle Milk Light (100 cal, 5 carbs, 15g protein)

D: Turkey, Cheese,

Tomato, Spinach, Veg (200 cal, 3g carb, 20g protein)

This should get me to at least 60g of protein and keep my carbs low and I might be able to keep the calories low, too. I just need to watch lunch.

If anyone has additional ideas, let me know.. Might try cottage cheese since I see Tracey is eating that at it looks like it only has around 3g carbs and 14g of protein... holy moly that rocks!

Tuesday:

B: hot tea with splash of sf hazelnut Syrup and splash of pumpkin Creamer

S: sf Jello with Cool Whip free

L: chicken breast with 1 T BBQ Sauce, 1 oz italian cheese blend

S: Swai (favorite fish), Reduced Fat cheese, two ritz crackers, biscuit with 2 tsp honey, ....(are you seeing a trend here?) I mean...I was doing so good with the fish.

Snack: ice cream with milk on it.

See, once you eat a carb...it sends out an email that says "party in Tracy's gut...all night long....come one, come all!!!" and the slippery slope lands me back on my ass again.

And tomorrow I battle the blizzard and head into Chicago to start my trip that will eventually land me in Mexico getting my guts rearranged again to help me control the carb devil.

mea culpa, mea culpa