Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't get me sick!

I have my surgery next Tuesday and wouldnt you know it - every single person in my office is coughing up lungs and sneezing and probably running fevers. Good grief! I dont feel any symptoms yet but it would only be a miracle if I dont catch this virus. I am literally the only person out of 6 who isn's sick (yet). I anti-septic down about every 30 minutes. Do you think just a common cold would prevent the surgery?

I recommend - DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE! That's how viruses and germs get in. Maybe one of those surgical masks? lol I hope you stay well. I can't imagine a common cold would prevent surgery, but if you run a fever...maybe.

common cold without a fever .... surgery usually ok

Fever of any kind......NOPE!

I've been resting alot, avoiding crowds, and washing my hands like an OCD person. When I get to Mexico I will have no christmas shopping done, have chapped hands and will be wide awake!

Tracy

Tracy - you're too funny - but a wise move -- and you could do your shopping in Mexicali after your pre-op tests - they've got a huge mall not far from the resort. Be sure to use lots of lotion on those hands to keep them from getting chapped, and you'll get good sleep the night before surgery and while you're in the hospital.

I'd drink LOTS of Water and double up on your Vitamins -- I'd actually take airborne as it has lots of healthy things in there and was developed by a school teacher - and you know how many germs are in a school. I believe it helps to keep you from getting sick.

Oh yes V.A. ...I'm starting the Airborne on Monday. I get it in little packets that can be added to bottled Water and it will be my beverage of choice for the week prior to surgery. (sure hope there's nothing in there that will affect surgery...don't think so).

I've been to Mexicalli twice now and never have seen the mall...sure hope I get a chance to this time. I've allowed a day of flexibility at the end of my trip to Mexicalli just in case of complications. If I get discharged from the hospital on time, I'll have a whole day to kill....if I get bored I might go to the mall, walk around and pass gas for them! (I'm sure they'll be thrilled that Medical Tourism has come to their part of the country).

Vitamins......um....er.....I'm not taking any. Seriously now, should I start now? I never can remember the dang things...I know I'll need them after...but will it really have time to help boost my system if I start now?

Water I already drink alot of...so I'm safe there.

Tracy

Hello,

I'd love to recommend a product to help keep you healthy. I swear by it, as does everyone that I've bought it for. It's a homeopathic redmedy, 100 small tablets for $12.99 at a health food store, Whole Foods etc. It's called FluPlus by Heel, Inc. It's loaded with zinc which ups the immune system. Simply put one tablet under your tongue and let it disolve. If I feel a scratchy throat, snuffly nose, anything cold or flu related, I take one when I wake up, another an hour later. Continue for four hours, then go to every several hours. I haven't had a cold or sore throat in years. This stuff is amazing.

Also, I just had my gallbladder removed and got a homeopathic remedy called Carbo Vegitablis - 30 grams. I took it for the gas and never got gas at all. Five tiny granules under the tongue a few times a day. I was told I could drop some into the Water that I sipped all day and that it would help. The one moment I started to get shoulder pain, I took a dose and it was over before it started.

Good luck with your surgery!

Hello,

I'd love to recommend a product to help keep you healthy. I swear by it, as does everyone that I've bought it for. It's a homeopathic redmedy, 100 small tablets for $12.99 at a health food store, Whole Foods etc. It's called FluPlus by Heel, Inc. It's loaded with zinc which ups the immune system. Simply put one tablet under your tongue and let it disolve. If I feel a scratchy throat, snuffly nose, anything cold or flu related, I take one when I wake up, another an hour later. Continue for four hours, then go to every several hours. I haven't had a cold or sore throat in years. This stuff is amazing.

Also, I just had my gallbladder removed and got a homeopathic remedy called Carbo Vegitablis - 30 grams. I took it for the gas and never got gas at all. Five tiny granules under the tongue a few times a day. I was told I could drop some into the Water that I sipped all day and that it would help. The one moment I started to get shoulder pain, I took a dose and it was over before it started.

Good luck with your surgery!

BE CAREFUL with Zinc. Google "zinc overdose" and you will find some information. There are serious side effects from overuse, and studies still in progress on using it to prevent or treat colds. The nasal spray causes permanent loss of sense of smell in some people and lawsuits are starting. I'd check with your health care provider before using Zinc, in my opinion.

I have my surgery next Tuesday and wouldnt you know it - every single person in my office is coughing up lungs and sneezing and probably running fevers. Good grief! I dont feel any symptoms yet but it would only be a miracle if I dont catch this virus. I am literally the only person out of 6 who isn's sick (yet). I anti-septic down about every 30 minutes. Do you think just a common cold would prevent the surgery?

Wearing a N5 mask is a good idea, and keeping your hands away from your face also. I wore a mask on the plane, coming and going from Mexicali, because a plane is a great enclosed place to pick up the flu. I did not want to get that post operatively. Avoid crowds as much as possible. When someone sneezed near me at work, I'd move away for a few minutes to let the sneeze spray dissipate...some people don't cover their mouths when they sneeze and you can see the spray ...yuck. Luckily, I did not contract any cold or flu and still don't, 2 1/2 months after surgery. Got my flu shot too...prevention works!

Thanks for the update, Cajun. I'll check it out further. I've never used spray zinc, just these homeopathic tablets.