Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a mentor - VSG Surgery 12/18/09

Hi all,

I am looking for a mentor. Someone who can help me prepare wisely, recover safely and succeed in this endeavor.

I am available via yahoo or MSN Messenger or AOL all day long (through Blackberry) so I would be willing to buddy up with someone that is a few days ahead of me...

I welcome the opportunity to partner with someone and have great successes!

SOOOOO excited!

Aimee

Aimee - welcome to the VSG family. We are all here for you anytime of the day or night - I am sure someone will be glad to mentor you, but if not, you can ask questions and find answers here anytime you need them.

I'm 5 months out, and will definitely be here for you if you have any questions or concerns. I'm not AIM or yahoo messenger anymore, but I'll send you my cell phone number and email if you want to text or email sometime.

There's a lot of good information on this board, and if someone doesn't know the answer to a question, we'll find someone who does know the answers.

All, wow! Lightning quick replies! Excellent.

VegasAngel: thank you for the words... There is such a wealth of honest and useful info and I can only hope to learn!

Tiffykins: I would love it if you could contact me! Txt or email works for me as well. How do I get you my email? Don't know how to navigate on this site yet...

Aimee

Aimee,

I am only a few weeks ahead of you but will be happy to answer any questions you have and buddy with you. I am happy to give you my email and phone as well. I will send you a Private message.

All, wow! Lightning quick replies! Excellent.

VegasAngel: thank you for the words... There is such a wealth of honest and useful info and I can only hope to learn!

Tiffykins: I would love it if you could contact me! Txt or email works for me as well. How do I get you my email? Don't know how to navigate on this site yet...

Aimee

Hey Aimee,

I'll send you a private message on here. You'll have a notification pop up, or directly below your Log-in Name in the top right hand corner of the page, you'll see you have a new private message. Just click it, and it will take you where you can read it.

I'm a texter, and have access to my email 24/7 via my IPhone. If it takes me a bit to get back to via email, I'm not ignoring you, I promise, I'm just distracted, out shopping or at the gym ! ! !

Hi Aimee-

Welcome to the boards!

Lots of wonderful help on this site- and lots of success stories as well!

Congratulations on your decision to have the sleeve- it was one of the best decisions I ever made- and if I can help in anyway- feel free to PM me as well.

We're all here for you!!

Hey 3636millie,

I am actually flying out to Dominican Republic (I am originally from there and have lots of family there, so made more sense than Mexico) on 12/16, doing lab work 12/17, surgery 12/18 and fly back 12/25 to visit my mother in Florida and then fly back home to Wisconsin for the New Year with the family. This is my Christmas present to myself.

I will then have another week off and then go back to my desk job on 1/4/10.

I was hoping to have a 3rd week off, but I ended up getting sick earlier this year and wasted a vacation week that way! Argh!

What about you?

Aimee

Hey 3636millie,

I am actually flying out to Dominican Republic (I am originally from there and have lots of family there, so made more sense than Mexico) on 12/16, doing lab work 12/17, surgery 12/18 and fly back 12/25 to visit my mother in Florida and then fly back home to Wisconsin for the New Year with the family. This is my Christmas present to myself.

I will then have another week off and then go back to my desk job on 1/4/10.

I was hoping to have a 3rd week off, but I ended up getting sick earlier this year and wasted a vacation week that way! Argh!

What about you?

Aimee

I am gonna take 3 weeks off. I've been working 12-14 hr days for months and just want to take time off to chill here at home. I am tired!!!!!! From what I've read here, most people state they could go back to work in a few days. I want to stay away from all the food smells, etc that will be in the break room at work as I'm not sure how I will react as will still be on liquids. All my co-workers are excellent cooks and will be celebrating the season by bringing all kinds of goodies. God knows, I am a food addict and don't know how I'd react to all those wonderful smells!!!! After 3 weeks, hopefully all the "left overs" will be gone from the breakroom. At home, I'll just make the broths, etc and be happy!!!!!!

I just love this site. I've been lurking a long time. VegasAngel, Oregondaisy, Tiffykins, Stoongirl, Mac, et all are such great help and inspiration. I am so glad they are there for everyone!

Dominican Republic sounds heavenly!!! What a place to spend your recovery!!!! I'm sure your family are looking forward to having you with them for your recovery!!!!!

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery and keep everyone posted. Marilyn

Millie - how nice that you can take 3 weeks off and miss all the temptations that show up around the holidays. You are right - it will be difficult being on liquids and being around all of the treats that everyone brings in or vendors send over. I try to avoid the breakroom at work as much as possible during this time of the year. It will be much easier for you to be at home while you work through the clear liquid and full liquid phase and when you return to work you'll be on mushies and won't feel quite so deprived if that makes sense. Plus how fun to be home over the Christmas/New Year holidays!

Vegas,

Yes, I am looking forward to being off for the holidays!!!!! I've been working as a nurse for 29 years and this is the second time I have taken the week between Christmas and New Years off. I don't have kids and usually work so that those with children can be off. I am so excited!!!!!! My brother will be here from Indiana with his son. We are gonna do the "go to the beach in San Diego, go to El Golfo (in Mexico), go geo caching, etc things". I am still trying to figure out how to deal with the peacock poops but what the hell!!! I fugure if I do "chit" my pantaloons, it will give people something to talk about, lol! They can just chalk it up to senility or something!! May even try the "Astronaut going to Florida" trick......:thumbup1:

Vegas,

Yes, I am looking forward to being off for the holidays!!!!! I've been working as a nurse for 29 years and this is the second time I have taken the week between Christmas and New Years off. I don't have kids and usually work so that those with children can be off. I am so excited!!!!!! My brother will be here from Indiana with his son. We are gonna do the "go to the beach in San Diego, go to El Golfo (in Mexico), go geo caching, etc things". I am still trying to figure out how to deal with the peacock poops but what the hell!!! I fugure if I do "chit" my pantaloons, it will give people something to talk about, lol! They can just chalk it up to senility or something!! May even try the "Astronaut going to Florida" trick......:laugh0:

Where in Indiana does your brother live? I lived there from the time I was 11 until I was 38.

As for the peacock poops, they only last a day or 2, three at the most - you might be finished with them before you even leave the hospital - everyone is different. Mine started the day I got home (Tuesday) and ended on Thursday. Wasn't too bad and I had ample notice so didn't have any "colored" pantaloons. You'll be fine!