Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thrilled, scared, nervous, but I'M APPROVED!!!!

Just found out today that my insurance has approved my surgery, and I have a consult with Dr. Nicholson next Thursday. WOO HOO!

I'm in the middle of trying to completely rework my Disney trip to Thanksgiving now so that December is completely free.

I think I'm at peace about this because I don't find myself fretting too much. I think I'm ready for the changes to my life, but I'm worried that I haven't found myself "worrying" about that. Sounds funny, but I'm such a worrier, that I think I feel good about this since I'm NOT freaking out. Sounds weird, I know.

Congratulations!!!!

And........ I know EXACTLY what you mean....... Prior to finnaly making my up and taking that first step. I was so nervous about all of it.... but then when I FINNALY did it...... it kinda went to the back of my mind and I didn't panic.

Sooooooooo......... you are on your way!! Again. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!! I'm still waiting to hear. Let me know when you know more!

Congratulations!! I'm still waiting to hear. Let me know when you know more!

Will do! We are headed to Disney now for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas, and I suspect my surgery date will most likely be around December 14. That will give me 14 days upon my return to do the pre-op diet.

Just found out today that my insurance has approved my surgery, and I have a consult with Dr. Nicholson next Thursday. WOO HOO!

I'm in the middle of trying to completely rework my Disney trip to Thanksgiving now so that December is completely free.

I think I'm at peace about this because I don't find myself fretting too much. I think I'm ready for the changes to my life, but I'm worried that I haven't found myself "worrying" about that. Sounds funny, but I'm such a worrier, that I think I feel good about this since I'm NOT freaking out. Sounds weird, I know.

Hello twobluecats,

I know exactly what you are talking about, I just got my approval for the sleeve and my surgery date is Dec. 2. I could have had it on the day before Thanksgiving, but I am going out of state to visit my son and some of my family the day after Thanksgiving, so I decided to have it Dec.2. After waiting all this year to get approved and get a surgery date, it was really hard to opt for the week later date, but now I have a little more time to get everything organized. I have really been busy getting everything worked out about getting weaned off my medications by all my doctors and getting some of the items I need for my Pre-op diet. I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster ride. Same here------->>>>>> Thrilled, scared, nervous, But I am approved and going to have surgery Dec. 2. Horray!!! But I do choose to have Lots Of Faith That God will work everything out for the Good!!! I am so happy to have all the support of everyone on here and the support of my family. I wish you all the best on your surgery, My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Hi Mountain_lover,

Congratulations on your surgery date - you too twobluecats! My surgery is scheduled for Dec 8th and it is pretty much all I think about these days. Mountain_lover you said that you were working on getting weaned off all of your meds. Is that a necissity BEFORE surgery? I am on blood pressure and cholesterol meds but I cant see coming off of them until I loose a significant amount of weight first.

Congratulations to you! I'm so happy you feel better about your decisions. . .the disney trip will be done and you'll be relaxed and off to bigger and better things! How exciting it must be. . . I have my doctor appt's next friday and will try to see if I can't get the surgery scheduled for the end of December instead of January . . . keep you fingers crossed. . . .

twobluecats: yea! good for you!

I am so glad you could re-schedual Disney! All for the good. It is so inspiring to hear everyone talk about their trials and how they overcome them. Road blocks, look out here comes the loosers bench to knock you outta the way. I would say "sister power" but their are guys on this bench, so "looser" power instead. lol. Rock on.