Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mixed feelings

I leave tomorrow morning, my husband will be accompaning me. I must admit I am experiencing a mixture of emotions. I am scared of the what if's..I am excited....I am worried...yada yada yada.....we will be spending one night in San Diego and on Monday...we will be going to the hospital so I can have the required tests. Yesterday when I was driving home from work I was thinking about everything coming up and I am cried like a baby. I have children at home and I worry about them and again the what if's...yes I know...be positive....all will be well....I found some comfort in prayer...my surgery is set for Tuesday...I will be home Friday. My husband is worried about my comfort the flight home. We have connecting flights.

My friends and family have asked me what am most excited about...being able to shop in the skinny stores...activity....my answer is to have the night sweats...hot spells stop (from my high BP).

Anyway I am rambling....but where else can I do that but here...lol...I dont want to talk to my husband, family or friends about my fears...they would not want me going through with it and they would worry....

Jenn

You will be fine. I was sleeved by Dr Aceves on the 30th of Oct. Really had minimal pain, nothing that kept me awake or made me want to stay in bed. They give you dissovlable pain pills for the trip home that you just place under your tongue. I kept hydrated by buying a bottle of Water after checking into the airport and adding crystal light. We left Mexicali at 7:00 am and I did not get home until 1:30 am the next day due to connecting flights--I was tired but okay. I was able to get electric cart to take me from gate to gate in airport so really had not problem. Breathe easy. Private message me and I will give you my phone number to take with you and will coach you through it if necessary.

We'll all be cheering for you! You'll be so happy you did this when you see the pounds vanishing! Enjoy the ride and let us know how you are doing. We are here to support you!

I leave tomorrow morning, my husband will be accompaning me. I must admit I am experiencing a mixture of emotions. I am scared of the what if's..I am excited....I am worried...yada yada yada.....we will be spending one night in San Diego and on Monday...we will be going to the hospital so I can have the required tests. Yesterday when I was driving home from work I was thinking about everything coming up and I am cried like a baby. I have children at home and I worry about them and again the what if's...yes I know...be positive....all will be well....I found some comfort in prayer...my surgery is set for Tuesday...I will be home Friday. My husband is worried about my comfort the flight home. We have connecting flights.

My friends and family have asked me what am most excited about...being able to shop in the skinny stores...activity....my answer is to have the night sweats...hot spells stop (from my high BP).

Anyway I am rambling....but where else can I do that but here...lol...I dont want to talk to my husband, family or friends about my fears...they would not want me going through with it and they would worry....

Jenn

Hey Jenn

I feel your pain, it's hard to know what to expect, because we've never been here before. But I do believe these wonderful ladies give

great advice, in that it will get better in time. It will the best thing we've ever done. Our lives will change for the better, in every way.

It will be tough at first, but what good things are not tough? We few

that are blessed to be able to afford the surgery or have insurance to cover it should feel relief. In that we can escape from this prison we're in. There are those who will forever be imprisoned by weight.

Count your blessings, see the good in it, be thankful there is a way out. Think positive and get ready to LIVE your life to the fullest.

Thank you so much for your support. Today is the day before my surgery. I am feeling more optimistic about my surgery now. We will be getting picked up this morning at our hotel and going to the hopsital for my tests. I am looking forward to seeing the hospital and meeting the staff. The only negative comment I have heard on our journey was from US Customs officer. He asked me if I knew how many Americans go missing from Tijuanna? He caution us on the danger there and too keep ourselves safe. I am not very concerned about that as we are at the hospital the whole time anyway. I will let eveyone know how it goes. Thank you Norma for you offer. I really do appreciate.

You'll be ok Jenn, it's normal to have the jitters! Heavens this surgery will be my 18th major surgery, I'm still here. . . had the "what if's" at each surgery! hehehe. . . hubbie just tells me I'm to awnery for any "what if's" . . . i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. . . fill us in when you get out!