Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success FINALLY Whey Optimum

Everyone knows that I am the pickiest Protein person in the world. BUT, I finally have found one that I can tolerate taste, texture and most importantly smell.

While John was deployed, he used a protein supplement after working out. He swore by the stuff, and I was pretty hesitant since I've tried and hated so many.

But, after trying the GNC soy protein with zero success, I decided to try his suggestion.

whey Optimum is the brand name. It mixes with zero texture, or graininess. John loved the Extreme Milk chocolate so I bought that flavor. I mixed it with filtered Water, and add 2 ice cubes to chill it. I even shook it up, no foam, no froth. They do have a 16 flavor sample pack available to order.

The best prices I've seen on the web are on bodybuilding.com and you can search for whey Optimum. The prices here are actually less than what I paid at our GNC on base, we pay zero tax there, and have a GNC GOLD CARD. Even with all the discounts, this place is cheaper. But, GNC will take back open products if you don't like it.

Here's the link

Vitamin A

0%Vitamin C

0%Calcium

10%Iron

2%

Not a Significant Source of Dietary Fiber* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.IngredientsProtein Blend(Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa(Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Lecithin, Creamer(Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Modified food Starch, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Tocopherols), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Aminogen?, Sucralose.

ALLERGEN INFORMATION: Contains Milk And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients. Typical Amino Acid Profile (Miligrams Per Serving)

Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)

Tryptophan 405

Valine 1422

Threonine 1654

Isoleucine 1573

Leucine 2531

Lysine 2233

Phenylalanine 748

Methionine 492

Conditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs)

Arginine 505

Cystine 494

Tyrosine 703

Histidine 423

Proline 1509

Glutamine & Precursors 4082

Nonessential Amino Acids (NAAs)

Aspartic Acid 2508

Serine 1126

Glycine 412

Alanine 1180

Directions For Optimum 100% Whey Protein: To encourage a positive nitrogen balance, consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over 4-6 small meals spread evenly throughout the day.

*Try the Extreme Milk Chocolate and French vanilla Creme. These are Optimum's new Limited Edition Flavors.

Warnings: This product contains whey derived from dairy and lecithin (to improve mixability) derived from soybeans. For use as a dietary supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction.

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Wow, great price Tiff. You & John are two peas in a pod.

Everyone knows that I am the pickiest Protein person in the world. BUT, I finally have found one that I can tolerate taste, texture and most importantly smell.

While John was deployed, he used a Protein supplement after working out. He swore by the stuff, and I was pretty hesitant since I've tried and hated so many.

But, after trying the GNC soy protein with zero success, I decided to try his suggestion.

Whey Optimum is the brand name. It mixes with zero texture, or graininess. John loved the Extreme Milk chocolate so I bought that flavor. I mixed it with filtered Water, and add 2 ice cubes to chill it. I even shook it up, no foam, no froth. They do have a 16 flavor sample pack available to order.

The best prices I've seen on the web are on bodybuilding.com and you can search for whey Optimum. The prices here are actually less than what I paid at our GNC on base, we pay zero tax there, and have a GNC GOLD CARD. Even with all the discounts, this place is cheaper. But, GNC will take back open products if you don't like it.

Here's the link

Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% Whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now!

There is absolutely zero protein smell, or taste. It's not too sweet, and I actually think it tastes exactly hot chocolate.

Here's the nutritional facts for anyone interested.

Thanks for this Tiff. I am really having trouble with taste, texture and smell of "Whey" Protein shakes. I will try this one in chocolate. I hope I like it as much as you do.

I'm hesitant these days to try anything with milk in it since I seem to be so lactose intolerant. SO happy you found something you like!

I'm hesitant these days to try anything with milk in it since I seem to be so lactose intolerant. SO happy you found something you like!

How can I tell if I'm lactose intolerant?

you will have gas and bloated feeling, also the explosive watery poop.Not worth the milk.

cramping too -- it's not fun and carolyn is right DEFINITELY not worth the milk

I'm taking a probiotic as well in hopes that it helps curb some of the gassiness.

I haven't noticed a major lactose intolerance since surgery.

tiff I am glad you found something you like.Now you can get more Protein in!

I swear by this stuff, it is absolutely the best Protein shake out there. My favorite is plain vanilla. The flavor pack works well and is not too bad in price. It tastes good in a fruit smoothie as well! Once your able to take in more of the "mushi" stuff.

I am a very picky Protein Shake person myself. My boyfriend uses this whey Protein even before he got banded. Hopefully this will help others trying to pick a good tasting powder!

you will have gas and bloated feeling, also the explosive watery poop.Not worth the milk.

Ah ha! So that's what that explosive watery poop was about, I had thought it was "par for the course".:bored0:

Hey Everybody! Have any of you tried Slim Fast Protein shakes?

It says" Controls hunger up to 4 hours. 15g of Protein as prepared. 24 Vitamins and minerals.

Would this be good to help with the protein as well as with the weight loss or is it best just to get a protein mix?

What's the carb and sugar count per serving? I try to keep my carbs low on the protein supplements.

You need to get slim fast low carb if you are going to drink slim fast. I drank a lot of it at one point and time and I like it. It's good when you don't have a mixer handy to take and go. Any that is not low carb slim fast is way too high in carbs though.

Hey Everybody! Have any of you tried Slim Fast Protein shakes?

It says" Controls hunger up to 4 hours. 15g of Protein as prepared. 24 Vitamins and minerals.

Would this be good to help with the protein as well as with the weight loss or is it best just to get a protein mix?

Yes, Charity I have tried the Slim Fast, but guess what they make me gain weight. . . they don't work well for me. . . I don't recommend these drinks at all. . . but you may have better luck with them then I have. . .