Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carrying your own meds to and from mexico

Is it a problem to carry your own meds (hypertension, thyroid meds) to and from Mexico in an unmarked container? Do they need to be in a marked prescription bottle? My Rx bottles are the huge ones that the mail order pharmacy uses...one size fits all, and I have a few tiny pills in the bottom of the bottles. I'd like to just put them in my little (unmarked) pill box to carry. But will that cause a problem when I cross the border coming home if I am "searched"?

Still trying to get all my ducks in a row, and pack light, before the trip!

Thanks for advice.

Wow, I didn't even give it any thought -- I just put all my pills in a 7-day pill box - one for each day that I took at the time and put it in my suitcase. Coming home I had all the nexium mups I had purchased at the Pharmacy, along with some soradol and put them in my suitcase and never gave it another stop -- they don't care what you bring into Mexico and I really don't think they care what you take out of Mexico as long as you declare it - i.e., fruit, meats, narcotics. Nexium Mups isn't a narcotic so I truthfully don't think customs in Mexicali is going to care what you're taking out -- when we drove into Mexicali ourselves - we had to go back to Calexico to mail something and othe rthan sitting in line to get out of Mexicali for over an hour (it was early in the morning) we had no trouble going through customs. On the trip home the line wasn't as long - and the only thing the customs officer did was look in our back window and said have a great day.

When I had my surgery, and Ernesto was driving, all they did was ask for all of our passports and then called our name out one-by-one and gave us the passports back -- they didn't even look in the windows. Ernesto goes back and forth every single day and they know him and who he is transporting.

Do what makes you comfortable; however, I think you're stressing out about it way too much.

I think you are right!

:blush:

You can go to Walmart or walgreens or other pharmacy and I have had them print out labels for my medication that we get mailed. Though it may be something they just do for me....cause I have so many Rx's filled there for short term stuff with the kids...... but school requires it be printed and have extra copy of it too!

Nobody cares; trust me. We drove over the border both ways. Nobody searches you unless the drug dog alerts and that isn't going to happen with prescription medication.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches