Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one?

I honestly realize that my weight loss so far is awesome. I mean, I'm just 7 weeks post op & I'm nearly half way to goal! But I am becoming impatient! I want to be at goal NOW! I want to see what I'll look like & how I'll feel. I want to shop for cute clothes that fit.

Anyone else feel this way? In reality, I know I'm doing great on my weight loss...I'm just being impatient!

Nope, you aren't alone at all. I am impatient as well, but I had to keep reminding myself that it's an endurance race, not a sprint. I've already lost over 50% of my excess weight, and I'm elated, but I really want to be at goal.

I'm right there with you. . .

LOL...I'm with you guys!!! I want to lose it ALL before the season changes!!!!

I want to magically become thin!!!

Ok, ok, I'm back from fantasy land!!! LOL

I am 14 days post op and have already lost 20 lbs! Woo Hoo!

On second thought, that is beyond my wildest fantasy already!

I was sort of that way. But I also thought I looked FANTASTIC as soon as I had lost a certain amount of weight. So I was shashaying around in my size 14s thinking I looked like Twiggy. :001_wub:

Mac, you are too funny! I guess I haven't gotten to that size where I feel good. I mean I feel better, but I still don't feel thin (no sashaying around here...yet!)

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone! I am sure we all will be meeting goal & looking back on this before we know it.

I was sort of that way. But I also thought I looked FANTASTIC as soon as I had lost a certain amount of weight. So I was shashaying around in my size 14s thinking I looked like Twiggy. :lol0:

Me too. I thoroughly enjoyed every stage and every new low. I put a new photocard in the digital frame the other day and it popped up a picture of me at about 200lb and I nearly DIED. I was enormous! And that was halfway to goal, lol. But in the photo, I'm wearing the first pair of jeans from a normal store, and a size 16 (your 12-14) top and I felt fantastic.

I was in a hurry too, but I wasnt focussed on the end quite so much, and I'm glad coz now I look back on that 2 years as an incredibly exciting and happy time.

And you know, after that point my loss slowed right down and it took me about 18 months to lose the same amount as I'd lost in the first six. But that's a good thing, there's a whole head journey thing you ahve to go to to get to self acceptance, you'll probably find the same when you get near goal and start feeling that you're still fat, you've got skin, you're jiggly, you look older in the face, you dont look at ALL like you thought you would. Whoa, weight loss doesnt make you look perfect? You need the time to get your head round all that and have it catch up with your body, so dont wish away the time, its important.

I honestly realize that my weight loss so far is awesome. I mean, I'm just 7 weeks post op & I'm nearly half way to goal! But I am becoming impatient! I want to be at goal NOW! I want to see what I'll look like & how I'll feel. I want to shop for cute clothes that fit.

Anyone else feel this way? In reality, I know I'm doing great on my weight loss...I'm just being impatient!

I am going through the same thing right now- It's making me crazy! I am about halfway there and just today 8 weeks out- I think looking up cute dresses and such is messing with me! I had my 6 wk post op appt last week (it was re-scheduled from a wk before) and Dr. Alanis seemed all fine with my weight loss (10lb) but I am sitting there saying 10 pounds awwwwwww nooooo! I want to be 140-150 NOW!!!

No Jenn you are not the only one - I want to be there NOW. I am almost 4 months out and down 47 lbs and several sizes - and since I started working out, the inches are disappearing; however, I am at a stall now - for 2 weeks and it's getting to me - even though I had to pull more clothes out of my closet because they are hanging on me like a gunny sack, I still feel I'm not progressing fast enough ... it's very frustrating and not sure what to do about it except keep on keeping on!

That is all you can do Vegas. I was stuck for several weeks at one point. It drove me crazy. Then, all of a sudden the pounds started dropping again and I have been pretty consistent ever since.

Wanna hear about impatient???? I haven't even been sleeved yet (in January) and I wanted to be at goal yesterday! I am the most impatient soul on the earth. . . but they tell me that Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was my obesity, hence, it'll take a while to lose it too. . . but when it does come off and I'm at goal! Yipppeeeee I won't know what to do with myself! I've NEVER been at goal. . . (maybe at birth, I don't know:rolleyes:) Hang in there, it'll happen!

Thanks, guys. I don't feel so alone on this issue now! :001_tongue: I'm now 23 lbs away from my goal (although I've considered revising my goal lower, but we'll see when I get there). I'm still being impatient. I look in the mirror & I see this nasty, wrinkly, fat stomach...I hate it! I look skinny in all areas but my tummy. I realize I've had 4 kids (all by c-section) & I thought I had prepared myself mentally for what my tummy could end up looking like. But I'm so aggravated with it! I've just started a new work out (Wii Active) & I'm hoping that will help tone it up & shed the fat from my midsection.

My dh lovingly reminds me that it hasn't even been 3 months post op & I'm sure to lose the tummy...just give it time. Unfortunately, patience is not my forte. :thumbup:

Jenn -

I don't think patience is any of our fortes - I know it's not mine where my WL is concerned. I am at another stall - going on 3 weeks now - however, I am working out 3-4x a week and I can tell the inches are coming off (bought some size 16W slacks 2 weeks ago - they were snug - wore them this week and they're loose).

As for the stomach - I recently read that once you lose your weight you should give your body up to a year to tighten up any extra skin before having a Tummy Tuck - so you're 3 months out, not yet at goal (but damn close) - so give your tummy time and you may be surprised at what happens!

Hi. I'm new to this site, but almost 9 months out from surgery. If I could give any advice, as corny as this sounds, it would be to actually enjoy the journey. I am now 95 lbs down, about 15-18 lbs more to go to goal. I have journaled for years, and as of late it has been all about my weight loss and as I reread my entries, I realized I'd get so frustrated at every slight stall. I freaked out when I hit the three week stall, until my surgeon told me it's so predictable and usual -- that my body was trying to compensate for the all Water loss. Of course I got over that stall, just as he said I would and continued to lose weight. Flash forward to when I was at the hump of getting out of the "obesity" category to just the "overweight" category. Of course getting that ONE extra pound off was during a slight stall. There I went journaling again, wondering if I'd ever get to that point, getting so frustrated. Yep, I got out of the obesity category.

I met with a friend who had the gastric bypass a few years ago and she said, "I abolutely loved the time when I was losing weight," and I realized I was missing the big picture. I hadn't thought about this being a special time for me. I started to write more about the positives...such as I fit into a 2x now (and then a 1x now, XL now, Large now!)...I now have a lap (I love a lap!)...this is what I've noticed this week. This is what I noticed about how strangers treat me. So this is how it feels to shop for normal clothes! When did I actually starting liking exercise? It's such a remarkable journey that changes our body itself, but also our attitude, our image, how we perceive ourselves, how others perceive us and treat us, etc. etc. The weight loss actually happens quite fast....when else could I lose 95 lbs in 9 months?

So, enjoy the journey folks!

Nether - welcome to the forum and thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story -- your weight loss is remarkable - I hope I can do as well as you have done. I love the idea of focusing on the positives - I'm all about positive reinforcement. We look forward to hearing more "words of wisdom" from you!