Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to exercise

I just got cleared to exercise, but not sure when the best time to do it with our eating. I wanted to know if it was better to get up on an empty stomach, then eat afterwards. Is it better to work out after work. If I eat before workout then I cant drink Water 30 minutes afterwards. Just trying to figure out what is best.

I've been working out after work - on my way home from work I stop at a friend's house who has a gym and we work out for about 30-45 minutes. I sip Water during the workout and then go home and have dinner.< /strong>

That is what works best for me. I am sure others who have this much more under control than I do will have more information for you. The important thing is that you work out.

Everyone is different, but in general, unless exercising after eating gives you a tummy ache, you want to make sure you have some fuel in your body. You don't want to be exercising on "fumes." But you do want to space it out a bit. Most people try not to eat less than an hour before exercising.

I don't eat much before I head off to the gym. I eat a Protein Bar or half of one, depending on the size, or a Protein Shake. I go in the morning right after I wake up. I eat a Protein snack when I get back, and then something more substantial right before work.

I really dont go well on a completely empty stomach, like first thing in the morning.

the difference for me between morning runs and early evening runs is unbelievable. In the morning, its hard, I feel like I'm running through waist high Water, i dont enjoy it and I'm slow. In the evening I'm light, fast and energetic and its a much more positive experience. I can also run further and longer.

I *can* eat and then run immediately without getting a belly ache and I'm bad but I never drink during the average run - around 45 minutes. I drink afterwards. So it'd always be at least 30 mins after eating anyway.

I am wondering will my weightloss slow down, because I am working out and building muscle mass.

It's very hard to build up enough muscle mass to negate weight loss. If you work very, very hard at it, you might gain a pound of muscles a month.

But when you first start working out, your muscles will need a lot of Water to repair themselves and that might mask any fat loss you have on the scale for a week or two.

Building muscle is a good thing. Directly in regards to weight loss, it takes more calories to sustain a pound of muscle than it does to maintain a pound of fat. I personally do not worry about gaining weight from muscle, because muscle is a good thing: it makes a person look leaner, burns more calories in a day, and is great support for my body as a whole.

I just got cleared to exercise, but not sure when the best time to do it with our eating. I wanted to know if it was better to get up on an empty stomach, then eat afterwards. Is it better to work out after work. If I eat before workout then I cant drink Water 30 minutes afterwards. Just trying to figure out what is best.

after surgery when i 1st started working out i tried after i ate. And i was doing some pretty intense cardio. and i felt the food and liquid moving around in my stomach and i barely finished ccause i was about to thow up.

So i prefer to not eat until i aready worked out.

I am bummed out because I used to have a lot of muscle and I know I am losing it. I have flabby hanging skin and that is something new for me. I'd much rather weigh more and have muscle than hanging flabby skin. I am making sure to do my weight routine often in addition to my weight training classes. I still do cardio, but I know I can't miss out on my weights or strength training.

i am two weeks out since being sleeved and i went monday to gym for the first time. it felt so good. i didn't get there today due to i went to the mall and i was so tired. i walked quite a bit today. i feel bad that i didn't go today though.