Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm bad at liquids.

I seriously have been living off of chicken broth, grape juice, crystal light pops, and Water. I tried mixing a carnation instant Breakfast (sf) the other day and it was way too sweet. I've tried the Protein Shakes, and again, gagging on the sweetness.

I need some variety before I go insane! Also, I haven't been taking my Vitamins. I know that is terrible, but I need to take them with food and I'm afraid if I take them on liquids only that I'll puke! I hate to puke.

I'm being a baby, no? Someone tell me to suck it up! :)

I won't tell you to suck it up becuase I'm the same way. I haven't taken any of my Meds since my surgery becuase I fear throwing up, and they make me feel nauseated. Try some high Protein ensure, it is very bland and not too sweet.

Glad I'm not the only one!

I did veer off the beaten path today for some strained vegetable Soup. WOO HOO

I seriously have been living off of chicken broth, grape juice, crystal light pops, and Water. I tried mixing a carnation instant Breakfast (sf) the other day and it was way too sweet. I've tried the Protein shakes, and again, gagging on the sweetness.

I need some variety before I go insane! Also, I haven't been taking my Vitamins. I know that is terrible, but I need to take them with food and I'm afraid if I take them on liquids only that I'll puke! I hate to puke.

I'm being a baby, no? Someone tell me to suck it up! :)

I won't tell you to suck it up either - the liquids do get boring -hang in there though, better times are coming.

As for your vitatmins, I was told by Dr. Aceves to not take them until I was on soft foods -- so I have not started taking them yet. I have to break some of my pills in half and take them with yogurt in order to get them down. I want to start taking my vitamins; however, I'm going to wait another week or so and see how the swelling/spasming thing is going with me.

I may try the ensure, too, that Rosey suggests.

Most people can handle the K20 Protein Water. It doesn't have much Protein in it, but it's better than nothing. You can always Water it down if it's too sweet.

I was really lucky that nothing bothered me. I put unflavored Protein powder in anything I could find that was SF.

Today I have had 3 different Protein shakes because nothing else sounded good.

You are so lucky, Daisy! What an awesome thing to be able to tolerate anything. Love it!

I will try the Vitamins next week when I move to mushies. I'm losing about 2 pounds a day right now, and though I have A LOT to lose, the 2 pounds a day thing is freaking me out a bit. I am guess it will slow down when I'm off liquids. :biggrin:

I'm going to check out the ensure on my shopping trip today. I've been off the pain meds for over 24 hours, so I'm good to drive now!!!

Ok, I think I just had the best post-surgery "meal" yet. I got really excited about it, actually. My husband told me to calm down, lol!

I was just so tired of all the chicken flavored Soups, so I picked up a Progresso Light Santa Fe Style chicken just to try it out. Had to strain it...beans, rice, chicken, etc. I sipped the juice to see what it was like and I was pleasantly surprised! While I was warming it up, I thought how nice it would be to have just a dash of sour cream mixed in it, so I did it. It made it a little creamy, not too much, and it reminded me of the taco Soup that I make on cold days. LOVED IT. Finished my little mug of it, which I never do with the cream of chicken.

Anyway, I grew up in Texas and have a huge love for Tex-Mex. I think this soup just might get me through several more days of liquids!

yay! Glad you found something you liked!

I'm sick of liquids, too. I've got 6 more days until mushies. Protein shakes & liquified Soups are what I'm living off of now. Occassional a few spoonfuls of SF/FF pudding.

On another note, I've been taking my chewable Vitamin every morning. I wasn't told not to...should I not be taking it? I take it right before I take the Nexium mup. Neither has bothered me yet, no feeling of throwing up.

And another note(okay, a question acutally:biggrin2:)Dr. Aceves' paperwork recommended taking an Iron supplement. I haven't been taking that b/c I couldn't find a chewable one. What do you guys take & when did you start it? I'm scared to death to try to swallow something whole before it's okay.

On another note, I've been taking my chewable Vitamin every morning. I wasn't told not to...should I not be taking it? I take it right before I take the Nexium mup. Neither has bothered me yet, no feeling of throwing up.

And another note(okay, a question acutally:biggrin2:)Dr. Aceves' paperwork recommended taking an Iron supplement. I haven't been taking that b/c I couldn't find a chewable one. What do you guys take & when did you start it? I'm scared to death to try to swallow something whole before it's okay.

You should be fine with your Vitamins - especially since you're not having any side effects. As for the Iron supp - I didn't recall reading that and have not been taking anything other than my prescription medications since surgery - and I still cut them in half. I am going to try incorporating some Vitamins this weekend and see how I feel.

My program lists Iron as an optional supplement. You can take too much iron so I won't take extra unless my labs show I need it.

I haven't started taking any Iron. Started back on my Vitamins today and so far, so good. I'm not eating enough, I know this. I'm sick of liquids. And I went for a check-up yesterday and my surgeon lectured me on Protein. Because I'm so tall, I need between 80-100 grams a day, which means I'm still going to need protein supplements even when I'm off liquids. Whining, I know!

Try the following, but be warned that for the first two months lots of stuff you'll like later will still taste like a$$.

Chike (from Chike Nutrition)

whey Gourmet chocolate and PB

Protein hot chocolate from Nashua Nutrition or Healthwise or HealthSmart

Max Protein (some GNCs carry it, but not mine)

FAGE Total 0% Fat greek yogurt (needs sweetener)

Syntrax nectar (various fruit flavors)

Thank you! I have the nectar samples and have tried the lemonade and chocolate truffle. I couldn't finish the lemonade. Made me a little sick to my stomach. The truffle was okay. Hopefully I'll find something out of the samples that I can tolerate!

Thank you! I have the nectar samples and have tried the lemonade and chocolate truffle. I couldn't finish the lemonade. Made me a little sick to my stomach. The truffle was okay. Hopefully I'll find something out of the samples that I can tolerate!

You sound like me Ash - I haven't found anything that I can tolerate - the best I've found is the Ensure Extra Protein -however that has a ton of carbs. I haven't tried the truffle flavors yet - didn't care for any of the "fruit" flavors that I ordered. Luckily Bearded likes them so they won't go to waste.