Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm bad at liquids.

You sound like me Ash - I haven't found anything that I can tolerate - the best I've found is the Ensure Extra Protein -however that has a ton of carbs. I haven't tried the truffle flavors yet - didn't care for any of the "fruit" flavors that I ordered. Luckily Bearded likes them so they won't go to waste.

I almost bought some of the ensure the other day, but money is tight and I just hate spending more on things I'm not sure I'll like!!! I went to a GNC when I was out of town the other day, but they didn't have the Max Protein. My local GNC might have it, but to be honest, the lady that works there is SO PUSHY and annoying and asking me way too many personal questions that I hate to go in there. I mean, I know she just wants to sell stuff, but it's still annoying.

I almost bought some of the ensure the other day, but money is tight and I just hate spending more on things I'm not sure I'll like!!! I went to a GNC when I was out of town the other day, but they didn't have the Max Protein. My local GNC might have it, but to be honest, the lady that works there is SO PUSHY and annoying and asking me way too many personal questions that I hate to go in there. I mean, I know she just wants to sell stuff, but it's still annoying.

I bought a small 6-pack for $10 at the grocery; going to check Target and Walmart to see if they are less there. I got the banana shake - it's good -- a friend told me her 4 year old grandson loves the vanilla and her eldest daughter loves the strawberry and cream -- so I figure if I might buy the vanilla and have an assortment.

As for GNC - my GNC doesn't seem to carry anything good I hear about -- have you considered going online to www.gnc.com? and ordering direct to avoid the pushy lady?

I bought a small 6-pack for $10 at the grocery; going to check Target and Walmart to see if they are less there. I got the banana shake - it's good -- a friend told me her 4 year old grandson loves the vanilla and her eldest daughter loves the strawberry and cream -- so I figure if I might buy the vanilla and have an assortment.

As for GNC - my GNC doesn't seem to carry anything good I hear about -- have you considered going online to www.gnc.com? and ordering direct to avoid the pushy lady?

Yes, I browse GNC.com every now and then. I just get myself worked up over ordering stuff, lol! I'm cheap. This morning I ordered a hot chocolate sample pack from Nashua Nutrition. Next on my list to sample is the Max Protein and whey Gourmet. I might sneak into the local GNC this afternoon being prepared to put my hand in her face if she keeps talking at me. ;-) Not really. I'd never do that! HA!

Ash - When you're on full liquids, try Better Whey of Life Yogurt. It has 15 grams of Protein per serving.

And I absolutely second MacMadame on the Fage Greek Yogurt. It's yummy and very high in Protein. I mix in a little extra Designer's Whey natural Protein powder and some unsweetened cherry juice - and it's awesome. I can get almost 30 grams of protein out of one little serving.

My recent favorite Protein shake is:

1/2 banana

2 scoops unflavored Designer's Whey Protein Powder

Ice

Water

Coconut Water (fresh from a young coconut or a box of O.N.E. Coconut Water)

Blend up into milkshake consistency. AMAZING and yummy. About 40 grams of protein.

Does anyone know if it's useless to get more than 20 grams in one serving? Can you body absorb that much? (MacMadame? :thumbup: )

Here you go:

From "ASMBS Allied Health Nutritional Guidelines for the Surgical Weight Loss Patient"

"One popular myth is that only 30 g/hr of Protein can be absorbed. Although this is commonly found in both lay and some professional literature, there is no scientific basis for this claim."

http://www.asmbs.org/Newsite07/resources/bgs_final.pdf

Two articles about it:

30 Grams of Protein In One Meal Rule

30 grams of protein per meal myth - the truth about how much protein per meal

I have been looking everywhere for this fage yogurt. Every store I have been in around here has never even heard of it.

I am going out of town this thurs. so I may look for it at trader joes. Does costco carry it . I will definitely go there for their premeire Protein bars. I hate the premeire

Protein drinks that everyone likes, but I love the bars. I can only eat half at a time. They are really big.

Trader Joe's carries and at least some Costcos. My supermarket carries it but not in the regular yogurt section. They have a special section for "natural" products (i.e., "health" food) and it's in there next to the vegan hamburgers.

We have Safeway, Albertsons and a store that is owned by Krogers called Fred Meyer.

What stores do you have there in Northern CA, Mac? We aren't that far apart.

I use Raleys. They are close to house and have good produce.

Ahhhh... we have no such store here.

I will take a cooler with me when I go out of town. It's supposed to be over 100 in this town I am going to on Thurs. I'll look at costco first since I have other stuff I want to get there.

I have heard so many people talk about Trader Joe's and all the wonderful things they have there. I wish we had them here in Florida.

I bought some greek yogurt - bearded opened it one day, took a bite and threw it away - said it was the nastiest stuff he'd ever tasted (it was blueberry flavor I believe) -- so I still have never tasted it! It wasn't FAGE Greek yogurt, but it was greek yogurt - does it make a difference??

I bought some greek yogurt - bearded opened it one day, took a bite and threw it away - said it was the nastiest stuff he'd ever tasted (it was blueberry flavor I believe) -- so I still have never tasted it! It wasn't FAGE Greek yogurt, but it was greek yogurt - does it make a difference??

I love Fage greek yogurt. I mix one packet of splenda and it tastes fine. I buy the plain, or the one with the honey that you can mix in. I don't use the honey because of the carbs and calories, but Fage yogurt needs to be sweetened. I've also added a few drops of vanilla extract with the splenda to add flavor. I really like the consistency, and the flavor. I love most yogurts so maybe I'm just weird? ? ?

First, don't get the ones with fruit in them. They are full of SUGAR.

Second, natural, unsweetened greek yogurt tastes a lot like sour cream. So most people don't like it plain. I add artificial sweetener to them and sometimes my own fruit (which is not full of sugar like the stuff they add in the factory).

What I like about it is that it's very rich and creamy compared to something like Yoplait lite.

If it tastes bad after you add the sweetener, just add more. :confused:

Well I NEVER even got to taste it - it was in the trash before I got home ... guess next time I buy it, I hide it or tell him at least not to throw it away until I get a taste of it ... I'll keep in mind about the added fruit - Thanks Mac, wasn't thinking about that at the time.