Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Change of Plans

Norma,

I would love to be your sleeve sister. Thank you for suggesting that. We will have to plan a sleeve party. Hum, what should we wear? Decisions, Decisions Judy

Rere50,

You are so right about our momas. What they want they can have. We have also promised -no nursing home. Judy

Judy,

I can tell you what to wear..Something smaller!!!! I find it so fun to shop in the normal...sizes, and I still have 28 pounds to go!!!

Judy,

I so understand what you are doing for your Mom. I went through a very life altering change of plans with my mother a few years back. We had never been close due to her emotional issues and my parents' very rocky marriage. My father committed suicide before I graduated from high school and I was his favorite. However, my mother had a multitude of health issues in her fifties (gall bladder surgery which led to finding 90% blockage of major arteries, then quadrupal bypass which led to blindness from clot during surgery, copd, stroke) etc. I left my job and moved 5 hours home to take care of her and nurse her back to health. I had another 17 months with her in which we mended our relationship and when she passed we were friends. I am still financially a bad credit risk because of the choices I made to take a year off to take care of her which is making it hard to finance my surgery, but the peace I had when she passed because of having the time to heal our relationship was worth that. I totally support your decision to take care of your mom right now.

Sleeve sisters, we are and it will be fun to plan our surgeries in due time. Take care.

Update, my mom had her surgery today and she is doing great. They had planned to do a bypass but decided to try doing a cath first. It worked and they put in a stent where she had 99% blockage and was able to use the ballon and other procedures to clear the other 50% blockages.

She is in good spirits and had a good dinner. My sister is taking a shift staying with her and I got come home for the night. Thanks everyone for all the prayers. Now in 6 weeks she will have surgery to fix her anurisum.(sp.) Judy

Judy, thank you so much for updating us. I am glad she is doing so well. I am sure that must be a big relief for you.

That's awesome Judy -- and she'll recover sooner with just having the stent than having to have bypass - my dad had one last year and it made a world of difference. Get a good night's sleep I'm sure the stress of the past couple of weeks will finally start to wear off and you'll need your sleep to keep up with what's to come in the near future.

I'm glad to hear she is doing well Judy. I hope she recovers quickly and you get to have your surgery sooner rather than later.

Give her a hug for us and we are always here for you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you both daily. Hugs to you both