Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:scared0:

Vegas Angel had her sleeve about three weeks ago...she can't seem to drink anything without feeling 'full'. After anything she eats she burps real bad, most of the time she has no energy after 8pm. I mean she is ready for the bed. It seems she can't get all her protien in either becasue taste is an issue or fullness. She has the slimes now and again from or for whatever reason......:scared0: So my question is this...IS THIS HOW IT IS?

I am scheduled to be sleeved on the 11th and I can tell you all that I do NOT want to live this way...THIS SUCKS!

I understand about the all liquids for 20 first clear then any, I understand about 'mushies' but what she is going through is well for lack of better words BS. I do not think I can tolerate that! At my heavyist I was 310 at 23 years old, I have yo yoed all my life. Lost 110 in 110 through a liquid protien at age 24. Up to 280 at 30 and down to 179 with nutra systems, walking every day. UP to 200 over the years then in 2000 shot up to 255 275, since then flucuated down to 240 can't seem to get below that. WANT to weigh 175 again for health reasons....NO more HBP, Hate taking pills....BUT I have to admit I don't want this stuff that she is putting up with. IS she having an unusal time or is this NORMAL?

:scared0:

Vegas Angel had her sleeve about three weeks ago...she can't seem to drink anything without feeling 'full'. After anything she eats she burps real bad, most of the time she has no energy after 8pm. I mean she is ready for the bed. It seems she can't get all her protien in either becasue taste is an issue or fullness. She has the slimes now and again from or for whatever reason......:scared0: So my question is this...IS THIS HOW IT IS?

I am scheduled to be sleeved on the 11th and I can tell you all that I do NOT want to live this way...THIS SUCKS!

I understand about the all liquids for 20 first clear then any, I understand about 'mushies' but what she is going through is well for lack of better words BS. I do not think I can tolerate that! At my heavyist I was 310 at 23 years old, I have yo yoed all my life. Lost 110 in 110 through a liquid protien at age 24. Up to 280 at 30 and down to 179 with nutra systems, walking every day. UP to 200 over the years then in 2000 shot up to 255 275, since then flucuated down to 240 can't seem to get below that. WANT to weigh 175 again for health reasons....NO more HBP, Hate taking pills....BUT I have to admit I don't want this stuff that she is putting up with. IS she having an unusal time or is this NORMAL?

Nope, not normal... not long term anyway. Her stomach is healing, it's swollen, she has to learn to eat and drink all over again. Sliming is from eating/drinking too fast or too much. It's a whole process we have to learn to do and some have it easier than others.

I was back to my normal life the saturday after surgery (tuesday). But I am a mom of 8 and have very little choice but to be and act normal. I just started adding thin liquids / full liquids today.

I have been a little tired, but to be expected with the limited caloric intake about 700 or so for me. But I am getting in my all my Protein (2 rtd Isopure zero 40 g each) and doing all I usually do....except my three mile walking....I can add that back next week. (that is 3-5 loads of laundry a day , running everywhere, driving my car, making food for all of them .....actually the hardest.....cause I never realized how much I cooked by taste, had a cup of coffe today....so I am sure I will be up later this evening.....but my day starts at 5 am so 8 pm to start to run down is normal here............ but I have one teething so I am up a lot with him all lnight and another who is autisitc and he has had issues sleeping lately!)

But all in all so far nothing is really out of the ordinary except me trying to hide my scars from the kids and everyone else.....not wanting to scare them after loosing it.

I have had no issues like vegas angel.

THough I have this inane need to want to eat my kids baby Cereal......really thin cream of wheat tommorrow and I want it so bad.

Only real problem is same as when I had the band.....I am afraid I will not be able to eat with the kids....except for mushies..... cause I will need to make sure I concentrate and chew really well.....right now I had 2 root canals monday so trying to avoid this discomfort on the minimal chewing I did with the cottage cheese / yogurt mash really hurt and I was worried that it might be like my band.....but I think that is more my parinoia and fear.....not the reality.

I just know that the 1/3 of cup of mashed yogurt cheese stuff filled me up!

I don't have any of the problems she is having either. I also had a hernia repaired at surgery, so I don't think that's what it is.

I have no problem finishing a 24 oz bottle of Water in about 10 minutes. I drink 32 oz of Water every day at work. (I only work 3 hours) When I work a full day, I drink two of those 32 oz bottles.

I have no trouble eating chicken salad, meat loaf, the inside of a burrito, chicken breast, etc. The things I have had trouble with have been steak and pork. It's not that can't eat them, I just judge how much to eat incorrectly.

I had no trouble getting all my Protein in as soon as I came home from the hospital. The problem I had was making sure to drink really slowly, since I was told to drink 2 oz every 10 min. I wanted to drink 8 oz in 5 min.

I just posted about this in another thread, but I experienced a lot of what she is experiencing. My first month with the sleeve was not pleasant. I was dehydrated (in the hospital on IV fluids several times), it was a struggle to get anything down and when I did, I felt very sick to my stomach. But, it did get better. I am now able to eat without feeling ill. I cannot guzzle Water, but am able to take much larger drinks and stay hydrated now. I feel 100% better and the only way I know I have a sleeve is by the fact that I am only able to eat a very small amount of food before feeling full.

Hopefully, she will start improving soon as well.

I just posted about this in another thread, but I experienced a lot of what she is experiencing. My first month with the sleeve was not pleasant. I was dehydrated (in the hospital on IV fluids several times), it was a struggle to get anything down and when I did, I felt very sick to my stomach. But, it did get better. I am now able to eat without feeling ill. I cannot guzzle Water, but am able to take much larger drinks and stay hydrated now. I feel 100% better and the only way I know I have a sleeve is by the fact that I am only able to eat a very small amount of food before feeling full.

Hopefully, she will start improving soon as well.

Thanks Susan - that was on one of my threads. I can deal with the felling full - what is getting to me is constantly feeling sick and being aware that I've had surgery. I was prepared for eating less; however, I think 3-4 teaspoonfuls was not quite what I was expecting. I feel as though the belching is probably from excess air that is still in my stomach and will eventually go away (at least according to WASa).

Bearded is concerned as he has had to see/listen to my complaints and I can't say I blame him -- I wouldn't want to go through surgery and think it is going to be this way forever. Thank you and others for letting him know that I'm "not normal" :001_tongue: and for giving me hope that it will improve over time.

I think he already know that you are not NORMAL, I already know and I havent known you as long as he has. LOL. Both of you will feel better once you have the UGI or barium swollow and Dr Aceves gives you some info on what is going on. I think you are just a slow healer.

LOL-Ruthi you are sooooooooooooo right she is not normal...but I love her!

I am/was just concerned about all the problems she has had...last couple of days she does seem to be eating a bit more mushies and last night she made to 10pm although she was almost snoozing on couch at 930.....

I just pray I dont go through what she has gone through or at least NOT as bad.

As she is able to get a bit more food in her, she should notice her energy will start coming back as well. I slept a lot in April and could barely make it to 8 or 9 before I was in bed. But, as soon as I became well hydrated and took in more solid Protein, I was back to my old self.

My biggest wish is to be able to fall asleep like I normal person. It's like I get a 2nd wind at 9pm and I am wide awake. I could easily stay up all night and not feel tired.

Hi, I love it that you have so much concern for her--what a guy. I came home was doing great and then went through that stage of being so tired too. I went in to see my doctor and found out that my potassium was really low and that was one of my reasons for being tired. If it continues then she might what to check with her doctor and have a blood test. It is a simple fix--I now take potassium tabs everyday and I feel wonderful. WasaBubbleButt is very correct in saying she is eating too fast--that is pretty normal for all of us. She is also trying to eat too much. We really do have to learn how to eat again. Small tiny bites and lots of chewing once she eats the mushy stages. She need to make sure she gets her Protein in and that can be liquid and it may take her a few hours to get down. I think with all of those things she is going to be just fine. Her stomach has had a lot of trauma and it takes awhile to heal. We don't see the trauma, because it is hidden on the inside and the the outside of the person looks ok, but it is there. Hang in there we all promise you that life as we once knew it gets a whole lot better. I am sure someone has told you the 1st month is the hardest. Don't let it scare you away, this is your chance to have an entire new life--and a fabulous one too!

I had my barium swallow today. Apparently everytime I drink/eat there is a small section, where the sliding hiatal hernia was repaired, that spasms and after the spasm, then it relaxes and the liquid/food passes through.

Dr. Campos said told me to drink something warm before I ate and that should help to relax the spasms allowing me to eat. He said this will dissipate over time and told me to stay on a mushie diet for another 4 weeks and then to try adding in solid food a little bit at a time.

I have made a very conscious effort to not eat too fast and I know I am not taking too big of bites -- I use a baby spoon (leftover from my kids) to ensure the bites are small.

So now, hopefully knowing what the issue is - trying Dr. Campos' suggestion of something warm before eating to help relax the spasm, I will begin to feel better. Also knowing that this will not last forever is a big relief -- I can tolerate it as long as I know eventually it will dissipate and I will have my life back.

I know Bearded was happy to hear that I am in the 1% of patients who have these issues and not in the majority.

Vegas, I'm sorry for all the trouble you have been having. I know it must be a relief to know what the problem is. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you feel better soon. Judy

I'm glad the issue was nothing serious and that it will go away with time. I'm sure you're relieved.

Vegas, I'm sorry for all the trouble you have been having. I know it must be a relief to know what the problem is. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you feel better soon. Judy

Thanks Judy - I will always take all the prayers anyone wants to offer, as I know it is all in God's hands.

I'm glad the issue was nothing serious and that it will go away with time. I'm sure you're relieved.

Yes, very relieved and to know that everything else looks good. Dr. Aceves did mention this morning; however, that it could take up to 6 months to go away and I will need to learn to "work" with it until then. So I will have to experiment on when to take my medication and try to avoid vomiting ... it's not any fun; however, sometimes that is the only thing that makes me feel better. I will try the warm drinks before meals and try to figure out how and when to take my medication. Hopefully when I see my PCP in August, he will take me off the Benicar and that will only leave the Nexium Mups, Effexor and my BC pill - which is very tiny.

Thank you both, and everyone else, for their concern. It means alot to me.