Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitalady.com samples...

I am still tyring to find a Protein I like. Does anyone know how much shipping is for samples from Vitalady.com & about how long it takes to receive them? We are leaving in one week for surgery & I'd love to be able to order some full sizes before leaving.

Also, any suggestions on which nectar flavors to try?

I placed an order with Vitalady.com for nectar samples late evening on 6/18, and they arrived on 6/25, technically 5 business days. They are located in Washington state, and I'm in Florida, so I didn't think that was bad for shipping.

I ordered 10 samples and the shipping was $7.95.

Caribbean Cooler is the best flavor I've tried. It tastes like a Pina Colada. It mixed well, and went down smoothly. 5 out of 5 stars.

Lemon Tea flavor was absolutely repulsive. It left a film on the inside of the cup and tasted like stale tea that had been left in a stainless steel carafe for too long. ZERO stars.

Fuzzy Navel is pretty good. It's a little tart, with a hint of Protein powdery taste and smell, but it's not overwhelming. 3 out of 5 stars

I ordered Fuzzy Navel, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Cappucino Latte, and Lemon Tea. I will probably order the Caribbean Cooler as my primary Protein.

I'll let you know that your taste may change after surgery. Mine have, and I seem to be a bit sensitive to sweet things, so even if you like it pre-op, you may hate it post-op, or worse it could make you nauseated which is no fun. I got nauseated on the Lemon Tea flavor, and I love tea, any kind of tea and was disappointed when this flavor was a huge fail.

Thanks for the informative reply. I am prepared for my tastes to change post op, but I know I need to find something to have on hand when I come home. I will not buy bulk qunatities, but just enough for a few weeks.

Each sample is: 1.5 scoops, 34.5 grm Protein, 135 calories

The ones I've tried have mixed well in Water. I don't blend them with ice, or make them thick because I can't stand thick stuff. I made the mistake of trying to blend the Fuzzy Navel in the blender with some ice, and it turned into this foamy/frothy nasty mixture. I had to wait 2 hours to drink the rest of it so the foam would dissipate.

I'm not crazy about the thick shakes either. That's one reason I was going to try these. :confused1:

I really like them. They mix completely in Water, no gritty, no sliminess. Well except for the Lemon Tea.

I was so worried they weren't going to dissolve in Water or I'd have to stir them constantly.

But once, they're mixed, it's done.

This may sound crazy, but do they have a weird smell to them? I can't overcome the smell of the Unjury Proteins that I've tried (even the unflavored smelled to me). For me, the smell of those increases the aftertaste that is left.

The fuzzy navel had a hint of Protein smell, but the caribbean cooler didn't have that smell.

I can't stand the smell either. unjury made me want to vomit. That is my biggest turn off to the Protein powders, the smell just makes me gag.

The lemon tea flavor didn't have much of a smell, but the taste/mix was nasty.

I'm having some intestinal issues today, so I'm steering clear of protein today. I was going to try the Crystal Sky flavor, but for the time being, I'm just doing Water.

It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one! :confused1: I'll definitely have to give the nectar caribbean cooler a try. I also love my Propel strawberry Kiwi waters, so I thought I'd try the Nectar in that flavor as well. I'm so hoping to find something I can live with & not gag every time I think about having to drink it!

I am still tyring to find a Protein I like. Does anyone know how much shipping is for samples from vitalady.com & about how long it takes to receive them? We are leaving in one week for surgery & I'd love to be able to order some full sizes before leaving.

Also, any suggestions on which nectar flavors to try?

Vitalady is a great source but it's kind of expensive, isn't it? Is it cheaper to contact the manufacturer? They have some sort of sample deal they do.

After you decide what you like this is the cheapest place I have found when you figure in shipping:

Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

No matter how much you order it's only $4.95 for shipping. I'm waiting for two orders from there myself. Cheaper shipping doesn't help when I forget stuff and have to order twice. ;o)

I am no help with nectar flavors, I'm the rare one that doesn't like any of them.

I am still tyring to find a Protein I like. Does anyone know how much shipping is for samples from Vitalady.com & about how long it takes to receive them? We are leaving in one week for surgery & I'd love to be able to order some full sizes before leaving.?

I ordered some on Saturday - 6/27 -- I'll let you know when I receive them. I think my S/H was $10.95 -- I ordered more samples I think than Tiff did. I figured it was worth the s/h if I can find even ONE flavor I like and can drink to get my Protein in.!

This may sound crazy, but do they have a weird smell to them? I can't overcome the smell of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Proteins that I've tried (even the unflavored smelled to me). For me, the smell of those increases the aftertaste that is left.

I don't think that's a crazy question at all -- I am very sensitive to smells since my surgery and can't stand anything that even has the slightest nasty smell.

DH and I went to our local Vitamin Shoppe today & they carry nectar. The manager said he would take it back if I didn't like it, so we bought the caribbean cooler flavor. I am keeping my figners crossed!

WasA, thanks for the link. I like saving $$$! :Cry:

I tried it last night in 16 oz of Water & it was too weak for me. So I tried it again this morning in just 8oz of Water & it was better. Definitely doable for me. It won't be something I crave, but I think I can atleast get it down. :thumbup:

Does anyone know if the nectar caribbean cooler is allowed on clears?

I tried it last night in 16 oz of Water & it was too weak for me. So I tried it again this morning in just 8oz of Water & it was better. Definitely doable for me. It won't be something I crave, but I think I can atleast get it down. :thumbup:

Does anyone know if the nectar caribbean cooler is allowed on clears?

Is it mixed with water? If so, it should be. I thought all Nectars from Syntrax were okay for clears but I might be wrong.