Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MelodyJ and Carla,

I'm feeling a little down in the dumps with my weight loss and although I'm so proud of you...I'M INSANE WITH JEALOUSY! What are you doing/eating/etc. I'm eating tiny amounts compared to what I was eating before and I've only lost 4 pounds since my first fill. (2cc in a 4cc band May 6th).

Teachntots--

Don't get insane w/ jealousy!!! You are doing GREAT!!!! This is a marathon....we must stay in it for the long haul!!!! I started this marathon over 300lbs....so don't know where you're beginning but I have ALOT to lose!! I absolutely was not moving or doing anything before surgery! I went from somewhat eating healthy last year then took a job working in an orphanage and it was CARB country!!!! Anyway.....I was doing NOTHING....now I started the 10min like they said then I have slowly worked up to about 40min each night and walking around 2.4mi (we just drove it last night to figure it out!) :party: I have so much more energy which is my motivation!! On weekends we try to find something to walk around in or on! My job is 9-6pm and my wonderful hubby has dinner prepared and then we go walk when we're finished!! I eat only 1/2 cup average....although this last week only lost 1lb so was aggravated. Figured out I was eating lunch at work and it wasn't so healthy and w/o a measuring cup I'm guessing my eyes got too big!!? :confused: So now that is fixed and I'm back to 1/2 cup average. In the morning I am so restricted that I might get 2 or 3 bites of a wrap in....but then I got that stuck just recently!! So Protein shake is all I can do and some mornings I give that back?! lunch is whatever they serve us....from salad to chicken.....I do love chicken salad that I make (only cause I know what's in it) and for dinner usually 2-3 oz of meat and a few bites of veggies. I don't snack anymore as the 4 oz tends to hold me about 4-5hrs if I don't get "head hunger"!!! That's still my biggest enemy!!! I don't think I'm any kind of expert.....but hoping this helps a little! Just move a little more as it sounds like you've cut way back once the kids get out of school! :party:

GOd Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -44lbs :party:

...And please, don't let people dampen your spirits or take away any praise you deserve by claiming that this is just a "honeymoon phase" that you will eventually get over. ...

I admit that I've been preoccupied recently with family responsibilities and all, but REALLY...I've found far more posts COMPLAINING that people are discouraging others with the use of this phrase than I have seen posts where people are actually USING the phrase.

Again...I have been--and mostly continue to be--up to my ass in alligators right now, and because of that I don't often read and seldom answer the "regular" newbies questions because I figure that others are in a better position to do that. So it is quite possible that I have missed that issue.

Do we REALLY have people telling others that the other won't do well once the "honeymoon phase" is over...or are they saying that THEY did well during they felt was like a "honeymoon phase" and then not so well afterward?

I'm not being my usual argumentative self...I just see way more complaints about "flag burning" and I haven't noticed any burning flags, if you'll exuse the example.

CARLACOLLINS,

May I ask what you might eat in a day ? Thanks

C_O_N_G_R_A_T_U_L_A_T_I_O_N_S on an ENORMOUS

weight loss ! I am soooooooooooooo happy for you !!!!!!

Congrats on your phenomenal loss!!!

I also would like a sample of what your daily menu is like and what kind of exercise you are doing!

Thank you both very very much!.....My exercise and my diet varies alot- depends on the day and what I have going on and what I can and cannot eat.....Everyday I exercise some way...whether it be walking around the basement several times on rainy days or walking 2-3 miles on good days.....I take my lunch break and walk if possible....just depends....Diet is the same way....depends on where I am and what I am doing.....If I am at work and didnt have time to pack an "appropriate" lunch then I will grab someting from the vending machine....maybe a lean pocket or a thinkg of Soup.....sometimes- like I said if I have time I will take a small salad or some chicken salad..just depends....for dinner I usually always eat what my kids are having....like last night for instance I made salisbury steak...mashed potatoes and corn on the cob...I had 1/2 of a small salisbury steak about 5 bites of mashed potatoes and no corn...I was very full.....I dont snack...dont normally drink with meals "depending on what it is" and stay away from sugar drinks etc....I have a GREAT restriction so that is one thing that I think is really helping me...and I guess that I am just tired of being fat and will do what I have to do when I have to...I listen to my band and work if for the tool it is.......You guys are doing great!....just exercise and work the band :confused:

xo

Wow, you are really doing great. I haven't done as well, but I'm atleast thankfull that it isn't going the other way anymore. I know everyone keeps talking about exercise. I try to use my stationary bike a few times a week. But with my arthritis pain and often times inability to walk, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do some kind of exercise that will help me more. I am so looking forward to the day I've lost enough to walk again. I have always loved walking and hiking and haven't been able to for a long time. I do get a little depressed when I see successes like yours, but am very happy for you. I've started drinking more and more Water to help and hope I I will kick into gear soon.

Ralheit--

You can try to walk now....even if you walk 2 min out and 2 min back! That's how I started!! That's how we start the heart patients too!! :confused: You can do this!! You are meant to walk a mile from day one....YOu start little and finish BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -44lbs :party:

I think that some people are inclined to visit a message board for Labband Support when they "need support"... there are some wonderfully positive people here that do lose and continue to post but I think even in my own experience is that when things are going wonderful "some people" may be less likely to visit as often as they may not need support and forget they may be "needed" to support others.

This inturn looks like there are a lot of negative post and few postiive post. I found lots of people at the support group that my surgeon has that are at goal, lost a lot, have no issues, and are there for encourgement to others only. But they don't visit message board to share their postivie message.

I used to get very discouraged here... in the beginning I wasn't losing, I was scared of the negative post and the complications. But I realized that there are probably thousands of sucessful lapbanders that just don't visit message boards and the people here are unique and many of them post more because they have more difficulty.

Thank you both...and you are right Cashley.....many many success stories I KNOW of personally have never ever been on a website........This is not a race....we are all here to help lift each other up!

Love ya both

Carla