Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just a little update

hi all, I have been so bad about checking in.. what a week here

I have been doing some vomiting after meals but this weekend it took the cake. then the pain started, then I couldn't even keep the Water down so on Tuesday I went in to see the doctor test were run and I was a direct admit Wednesday I had my lap-band removed and replaced, I'm home and feeling good(thanks to the med's)

I still wouldn't trade it for the world

Tess, oh my goodness! What was the problem? Was your band out of position? Glad to hear you're recovering and still have a band. Take it easy and help quickly!

yes my band had started to slip they had hoped they could just adjust it. but, then I was scheduled for a band removal and VG band placement. so I think that's what happened I left the hospital 9 hours after my surgery so I haven't talked to the surgeon yet, just an hospital intern who really didn't know much

So, you switched from a smaller band to the VG? Wow. I'm so glad you are feeling better. You mentioned this on another thread (the GFG?) and I'm glad you posted your own. Let us know what your doc says at your next follow-up!

OK went to the doctors yesterday, everything looks good. I received a VG band and have to start all over except for the food stages I can go to soft and not have to live on liquids, the only issue will be I have no restriction and wont for about 3 weeks, they will do my first fill June 14. I feel lucky to have been able to have a new band put in. now my personal goal is to not gain any weight, weight in at office at 184

Tess... I'm sorry you had to go through another surgery but I'm really glad you are back safely in Bandland!

Hey Tess *hugs*

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well now, and that your band problems are resolved. I'm sure it feels great to be able to eat again with no pain. Just like when you were first banded, try not to worry too much about the weight loss until you've had a fill. Right now, forcus on healing and taking care of yourself. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches