Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so im 3 days post op and im extremely depressed! I have a wierd fear that im not healing correctly, yesterday I ate some Soup and I think I over ate so now I do not want to eat anything because the thought of any food makes me feel nauseous and im starving!, I started my Vitamins and got the ones the doctor suggested and it got a little stuck and I can still feel it in my chest, and im extremely constipated and ive used stool softener, a laxative, and apple cider because apple cider always makes me have to go.. I feel lost and I couldnt sleep last night because I couldnt stop crying and im starting to regret this surgery because I feel awful! Wahhh!!!

I felt the same way about 3-4 days post op but I promise it gets better. Your body had lots of medicine and the anesthesia so it is hard to go to the bathroom for the first couple weeks after surgery but again it will get better! You need to eat or drink your Soups so your body has fuel to heal. Just take it slow. Within a few weeks you will no longer doubt yourself for having this surgery! Chin up it all gets better! Make sure to sip your Water it is very important to get it in.

Hang in there...it gets better. Day 5 was the turning point for me. Make sure you get your Water in. I was told not to worry about Constipation for the first 5-6 days. You just have to give yourself time to heal. My "systems" are still trying to get back to some sense of normal and I'm two weeks post-op. I hope you feel better soon.

as M.simpson said you are not alone.. i'm about a week post op but at the 3 day mark i like many others before and yet to come was doing the WTF conversation with myself. The Gas was terrible for me nothing seemed to work even now i still have some residual issues.. but for the most part it has finally gone. As for going to the bathroom.. i thought that was never going to happen but you need to remember that and especially depending on what kind of pre op diet you where on before your surgery you have been pumping mostly liquids in to your body so there is little to no solid matter to get rid off. at about day 4 i got a little worried and took some milk of maginisea... waited a few hrs and let's just say the result was a little anticlimax :unsure:

You will begin to feel more human as the days go by.. especially when you can add some regular food to your day.. i started mushies yesterday and am really feeling more myself today.

However if drinking Fluid makes you feel restricted/sick call your Doc..

Day 3 - gas - WTF moment for me. Now I'm years out and having a WTF moment cause I broke the band...it slipped from too much eating and p'bing. You will LOVE this tool, if you follow the instructions. Eat light, eat healthy, exercise, etc. The few more days you have of feeling like poo, until you poo and you can have a mushy food will pass and you'll be pounds down at your doc! Don't be depressed - LB are awesome! You'll be fine.

Take good care of yourself -- hope you can get some good healing sleep, even at intervals, sipping Water and walking. Are you on pain medication? Sometimes the side effects can be worse than the pain, causing depression and of course Constipation.< /p>

Day 3 was tough...I only drank sips of my Protein Drinks and got in sips of Water. But I kept taking short walks to move the gas around and did some yoga breathing to strengthen my lungs. I sat outside and took in some fresh air and sunshine. Naps helped too. Each day it got better.... Trust me it will!!

I was advised to take my fluids in half cupfuls at a time, as many times as possible and only sips of it for the first few days. Why not give this a try? I was asked to even dilute yoghurt or custard with skimmed milk.

I never had bowel movement until 8/9 days post op and when I did, I thought the strain would have caused my band to slip!!! If you follow your post op eating, or should I say, drinking procedure? well, you should not have to worry about your band slipping. You will soon feel better, promise x

Thanks so much. Im feeling a little better after all the advice, I am on pain medication hydrocodone/acetaminophen liquid..it doesnt really help with pain it just makes me wanna nap and then I wake up in pain! I have been using icy hot on my shoulders, back, and side and its been doing wonders! I also use the heating pad when im lying down and an ice pack on my stomach cause my incisions are a little painful. Also I think I may have had a reaction to the bandages they put on the incisions cause I took them off yesterday and where the tape was its red and bumpy and extremely itchy!! Im trying to deal with the best I can..today has been mostly Protein Shakes. I also dont really feel hungry at all today but then out of no where I get a stomach ache and get the "I need to eat right this second or ill puke" feeling. Is this normal?

I am 10 days out and all I can say is hang in there...it will get better. I also found out that I am allergic to the bandages and steri strips...doctor has put me on benedryl and a topical ointment.

When I took my bandages off the day after surgery I thought I was allergic to the tape because of the redness, etc., but my husband, who has had a few surgeries, told me it would go away and it did. If it doesn't get better you need to call your surgeon. Tomorrow is a brand new day. Hang in there! :)

Do go for short walks a few times daily. It is initially uncomfortable and tiring but it is great for circulation and helps with the pain. I remember the pain from my main incision, I couldn't move in bed, turn abruptly or bend down. It used to be constantly aching. It didn't feel much better until after about 10 days. It is still painful sometimes even now, almost 4 weeks post op, especially when I turn in bed whilst trying to sleep.< /p>

Micki praying for you, and realize your body has went through surgery and its going to take some time to bounce back, give your body time to heal, take it easy and get plenty of liquids down if you can, or get you some popsicles , it takes time and its a process don't beat yourself up, I promise you this time next week you will look back and say ohhh my I feel soo much better, and you will find yourself on here encouraging some one else feeling the same way, we all have been there, and if it gets to unbearable call your Dr, take care :wub:

A lot of people get surgical depression after surgery. You are not alone. Just keep hydrated.