Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Heart is Broken

Dear Band Family,

My sweet dog Taco passed away this past Friday and I am having a hard time dealing with it. She wasn't just a dog to me, she was my four legged baby and I miss her terribly.

My heart hurts so much. She was 5 years, 9 months, and 11 days old. All I do is cry, and I am so depressed. Ice cream has been my best friend. I think I'm hoping it will numb me inside. I just feel at a loss.

Thank you for letting me get this out.

This is her.

post-220113-13813135445342_thumb.jpg

post-324032-13813142382956_thumb.jpg

Awe - That is horrible! I am so sorry to hear that as my dog is my baby as well :(

So sorry for your loss. We had to put down our family dog of 13 yrs in 2012 and it was so very difficult! We really didn't have a choice in the matter due to health problems she was experiencing. She was our first "child" and I can relate to your grief and the difficulties you are going through. Be assured that better days are coming, it just may not come as fast as you would like.

My 10 year old dog is also my baby and he has been on a quick decline this year. Monthly vet visits and meds constantly, 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I feel so sorry for you, especially with how young your baby was. I know I will be despressed and inconsolable as well when my baby's time comes. Just take the time you need to grieve, don't worry about anyone but you right now. If ice cream is helping, let it be what it'll be. The band will still be there to get you back on track when you are ready. God Bless.

I am so sorry for your loss , truly, losing a pet is so difficult they can be our best friend and biggest comfort

Dear Band Family' date='

My sweet dog Taco passed away this past Friday and I am having a hard time dealing with it. She wasn't just a dog to me, she was my four legged baby and I miss her terribly.

My heart hurts so much. She was 5 years, 9 months, and 11 days old. All I do is cry, and I am so depressed. Ice cream has been my best friend. I think I'm hoping it will numb me inside. I just feel at a loss.

Thank you for letting me get this out.

This is her.

[/quote']

I am so sorry. I truly understand I love my cat she is my baby girl. I pray that you will find peace at some point.

Sorry for you loss. I to just found out a week ago that my Golden has a huge mass on her liver and is not expected to live but anther month or two. She is home with us in hospice care.

This is making me very deppresed.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My dog is my little furbaby as well.

So very sorry for your lost....I to lost my best 4 legged friend a few months back very unexpectedly...its a pain that will get better...please greave but not with ice cream...maybe try frozen yogurt...your worth it...and again so very sorry

I am so sorry for your loss. My dog is my baby too. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss, I am new to this forum so I will make this comment brief. I have a rule that I have applied to my eating that I hope will help you. it goes like this....Feelings are not right and not wrong they just are, let them be and choose how you will react. Grief, loneliness, and anger are all powerful feelings that will take our control away from us if we let it. Ice cream for you, pizza for me or a drink for the alcoholic will destroy all of us and I really can't believe that this is what your lovely little dog would want for you. sugar free popsicles would be a better choice for me but if I were you and I kept grieving I would go into a deep depression and just keep eating without knowing what I was doing to myself. I hope this advice helps. God Bless ttfn

I am so sorry for your loss, Kespy. Losing a cherished pet is so hard. They aren't just animals, they really are members of the family and when they leave us, they leave a huge hole in our hearts and our lives. (((hug))) Give yourself time to grieve, to mourn your furry friend's loss but don't abuse yourself in the process. Try to find healthy ways to express and deal with your feelings and sense of loss. Ice cream may help you to numb out temporarily (boy do I ever grok that!) but it isn't going to ease your hurt and in the end, it is only going to add guilt and self recrimination on top of your sadness. You don't deserve that.

I know that you can't conceive of feeling better, right now but in time, the pain does ease. We had to say goodbye to our Aussie, Sabryna in March. She was fourteen, we had her for eleven years and it was the hardest thing. The house felt so cold, so empty, my days so lonely and my heart ached so badly. But the ache has mellowed, the pain has eased and while we still miss her, it doesn't hurt like it did. I can think about her with a happy glow and look at her pictures and smile. We are talking about adding a new dog to the family, soon. It gets better. just give it time.

My deepest condolences.my pets are my babies as well.

Ah you poor thing. The picture of your dog is lovely... I totally know how wretched you must feel. I have 3 dogs and a cat all my precious babies. I know right now it won't feel like it but you will be ok. Time heals all kinds of heart breaks. I also know your dog loved you too and wouldn't want you to find solace in an icecream tub... Rich coming from me. I've eaten through every emotion I've had for years.. Chin up try to remember your dog was lucky to have you sadly more briefly than you hoped.. <3 xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

I'm so sorry, I'm going thru the same thing too. My precious Boston terrier just died from cancer. He was only 7 yrs old he was our baby too. I stayed with him till he had robe put down. I feel so responsible too. I can't seem to get better from my nerves, I just want to be home with our maltipoo . She was under the bed for 2 weeks, so bewildered . She is so loney, but I just can't seem to look for another dog. My heart is also too broken up. People tell me it was just a dog but not to us! I miss him soo much thanks for listening all too. Oceanswaves

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk