Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mistake?

You sound like me at first. This passes and in the end, I love my band and I'm so happy I did this. I hope you come to feel the same way soon.

This has been nothing but a nightmare. I'm miserable and really just want this to be over. I was banded 9/11/13. I know it's only been 5 days but I'm miserable enough to just stop. I can't stop crying. I just want my life back. I am wondering if I just made the biggest mistake of my life doing this. I was not prepared to feel this way. The thought of eating anything makes me physically nauseated. But I'm starving. These feelings of internal havoc throughout my body... Is it worth it. I'm not so sure this is for me anymore... What do I do...

The end of the first week I cried non stop for about 2 or 3 days because everyone else was eating like I use to and I was so jealous....but y mom sat me down and told me that I'm not going to be on liquids forever and that ill be able to have a bite of something soon and that helped me. No one really realizes how big of a change it is until you actually are put in the situation. Give it at least 1 or 2 more weeks...at least until you can start to eat again. I would so do it again because I feel better with just the little amount I've lost and there's more to come plus this site is awesome and you have super nice people that are willing to listen and give their advice.

I had the same reaction when I was banded and I was not expecting my reaction to be so dramatic. When I got home the same day as my surgery I started crying like I've never cried before. Crying so hard that I would heave and couldn't breath, making myself hyperventilate. When my family saw me crying and upset they tried to comfort me with hugs but I didn't want anyone to touch me and I would literally back into a corner like an injured, abused, and scared animal and cry when they tried to hug me proclaiming that no one understood what I was feeling and hating everyone that didn't feel my fear or disappointment. I even started calling out to my grandmother who had died a few months before I had the surgery.

I scared my entire family with my behavior and I was completely miserable and immediately googled "how long do i have to wait to get my lap band removed"

But it does get easier even if you think it never will get better. After you start healing you're able to drink more. I think not being able to get liquids down was what really freaked me out those first few hours home. As you go along you'll be able to eat more. It just takes getting used to.

Now there are times when I tell my family, "hey, remember that time after surgery when I went crazy..." and we laugh about it now.

I had the same reaction when I was banded and I was not expecting my reaction to be so dramatic. When I got home the same day as my surgery I started crying like I've never cried before. Crying so hard that I would heave and couldn't breath' date=' making myself hyperventilate. When my family saw me crying and upset they tried to comfort me with hugs but I didn't want anyone to touch me and I would literally back into a corner like an injured, abused, and scared animal and cry when they tried to hug me proclaiming that no one understood what I was feeling and hating everyone that didn't feel my fear or disappointment. I even started calling out to my grandmother who had died a few months before I had the surgery. I scared my entire family with my behavior and I was completely miserable and immediately googled "how long do i have to wait to get my lap band removed" But it does get easier even if you think it never will get better. After you start healing you're able to drink more. I think not being able to get liquids down was what really freaked me out those first few hours home. As you go along you'll be able to eat more. It just takes getting used to. Now there are times when I tell my family, "hey, remember that time after surgery when I went crazy..." and we laugh about it now.[/quote']

This post comforted me today. I am 7 days out, uncomfortable, can't burp, nauseated when I eat, nauseated when I don't eat, about to explode from the belly air that won't come up, feeling hood and sorry for myself and wondering wtf I did this crazy desperate thing for. I wanted this so I could feel better not worse etc etc. I underestimated the pain I would have. Frankly, today I have pretty much cried and cursed my band all day. It's not pretty, but it helps to know that down the road I might look back on these rough days from a better place. Yes I really wanted to be banded because the pain and risks of being overweight were becoming too great. Doing nothing was not an option. I know that. And yet after 7 days of pain and confusing signals from my body, I just need some hope that it will get much better and that I will someday I will feel like I understand and love my body again.

And I would like to burp.

Thank you. So glad this forum is here. <3

Stacy K - hold on for about 3 or 4 more days and you will see a vast difference! My worst days were 6, 7, & 8. It does get better, I promise!

This has been nothing but a nightmare. I'm miserable and really just want this to be over. I was banded 9/11/13. I know it's only been 5 days but I'm miserable enough to just stop. I can't stop crying. I just want my life back. I am wondering if I just made the biggest mistake of my life doing this. I was not prepared to feel this way. The thought of eating anything makes me physically nauseated. But I'm starving. These feelings of internal havoc throughout my body... Is it worth it. I'm not so sure this is for me anymore... What do I do...

HI!

I know the first days after any surgery can be hard to handle. For me, it seemed like my whole world had shrunk down to this tiny little focus of misery. (which turned out to be VERY temporary!)

When were you banded? You said 9/11, but then you said it's just been 5 days.

I was banded July 2010 and I remember those first several days well. I was on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks after surgery. I would lay in bed and feel waves of hunger wash over my whole body. It's hard to describe, but it was awful.

Do everything you can to take your mind off it.

I wish I had done 5 walks a day as my new surgeon prescribed for me with my last surgery. That way it would have provided some structure to my days as well as kept me up and moving so that I didn't lose my stamina. It would be good to have a different focus, too. To get in 5 walks a day, you have to plan!

Plenty of time to rest, but walking in between would be a good idea.

My surgeon told me that anesthesia is a shock to the intestines, so it takes a while for them to relax and get back to normal functioning.

I hope seeing your surgeon will ease your mind so that you can relax and heal.

It's going to be fun and wonderful to watch your weight go down!!! And after a while people will notice that you are shrinking!

Remember you have intervened on your own behalf. Stay with your goal.

I love a lot of the supportive comments people have made in response to your topic. I found it was easier when I stopped fighting the process. Your body knows what to do, so just let it do it.

I drank muscle milk for a non-dairy Protein Drink. They are good when very chilled. I got the pre-made ones.

Garden of Life makes a good "Raw Meal" that is dairy and gluten free. I LOVE it. It's a powder.< /p>

You've come a long way, already. Finish the journey! You havent gotten to the fun part, yet! But it's coming soon.

Hang in there.

~hiddn

I too noticed you said you were banded on 9/11. If you are feeling this badly and it has been 4 weeks then you absolutely need to call your doctor as you shouldn't be feeling that bad this far out. Just to make sure everything is ok. Hope you feel better soon.

I too noticed you said you were banded on 9/11. If you are feeling this badly and it has been 4 weeks then you absolutely need to call your doctor as you shouldn't be feeling that bad this far out. Just to make sure everything is ok. Hope you feel better soon.

I posted that 9/16. I feel wonderful 4 weeks out. Weight loss is stalled for 2 weeks but on mushies an happy. Thank you thought

My bad. Didn't even see the date of post. Lol. I'm so happy you are doing better and don't worry about the slow down in loss. I do well then all

Slow down. You will have a great success story !