Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my band 3 years ago. I started out at 265 and in the first few months I lost 50 pounds. Great huh? Except 3 years later I feel I can eat almost as much as before and have started to gain it back. I think I have quite a bit of fill but I am too embarrassed to go back :( Does anyone have any suggestions to get me back on track? I went for a walk today and drank more Water. I also work nights and find it very hard on the diet. I'm either eating to stay awake or just eating the wrong things. I need support from fellow lap band members!!

Please don't be too embarrassed to ask for help. That's what the doctors are there for. Are you tracking calories? Sounds like you're getting back on track with exercise and Water and that's great, but please go see your doctor. Best wishes to you!

There is no failure unless you give up! Don't be embarassed, go back to your doctor, get a fill and start the day new. Every day is an opportunity to start over and renew your commitment to losing. I'm having to do this myself as I hit my 100 lb loss and have sat at this plateau now for sevearl months. I admit, I havent been following my diet plan like I should but I know that tomorrow is a new day and plan to start fresh. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress, you're still way ahead of everyone that isn't trying!!!

It's important to stay in touch with your doctor. Mine likes to see me yearly to have an Upper GI and check my restriction. That is the first place to start. Make sure everything is OK with the band and get back to eating by band rules.

The last time I went was quite a long time ago. I can't remember exactly bit it seemed that I was at my max for fill (or close to it). I think I am so scared that they will tell me I can't get anymore. Maybe I should start back on the liquid diet that I had to do prior to surgery.

You could do the 5 day pouch test to jump start your band again. I don't know the link, but you can google 5 day pouch test.

Hello fellow night shift worker! Wow I completely sympathize there. It's really hard to fit complete meals around my odd working hours. It is way to easy to simply snack through the night, especially sugary items to stay awake which is not great!

I was also banded 3 1/2 years ago. I've been up and down and all around with the weight. I gained over 40 lbs 2011-2012 and like you felt discouraged/frustrated/embarrassed to go back to my surgeon. BUT I went back, got a fill, met with the nutritionist and am back on track! I'm now at a new all time low. Definitely bite the billet and get the help and support you need to get back on track.

What is the 5 day pouch test? I haven't found it in my search & it is not in "The Big Book on the LAP-BAND"? Joanne

It's great that you've decided to go back!!! Believe me, doctors have seen and heard it ALL.... I'm positive you're not the only patient that he has seen go through this. As creatures of habit, we tend to revert back to old habits, so don't be ashamed. Call them and tell them you need to see him ASAP

20 year rotating shiftworker here too. :)

As others have said, please go back to your surgeon. I was at that point a couple of years ago....just as you describe. Embarrassed to go to my surgeon because I had gained, because I got tired of dieting! My surgeon was fantastic about it. "Welcome back....why be embarrassed...you told me you weren't good at dieting" he said. Now, things (the band) couldn't be better. A little saline can work magic! Never, ever give up! Best wishes. :)

What is the 5 day pouch test? I haven't found it in my search & it is not in "The Big Book on the LAP-BAND"? Joanne

http://www.5daypouch...an/theplan.html

Well I am very excited to report that after the 5 day pouch test I have lost ten pounds!!! I think I feel more restriction as a result of the test and I am feeling a bit more energetic and less like a slug since getting rid all the terrible foods! I feel more determined to keep going. If I lose 5 more pounds I will be back to my lowest after surgery.