Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My story is just beginning

Thank you for the support. They told us at our post op meeting to slowly move on as whatever stage we're on isn't keeping us full for about 4 hours. We just need to watch how fast we eat and how big our bites are. I take advice but also sort through it to what fits me. It helps that a bunch of my in laws and my dad are all banded, so I can get first hand advice/tips.

I have seen you say you are eating oatmeal.. This is something my dr said no no to. It expands in your belly and can stretch your pouch.

After my surgery and even now when I get a fill I do

Clear Liquids

shakes

Mushies

Soft foods

Solids

Sounds like you might be moving along to fast but that is not your fault if your dr told you to go this rout. First and foremost you should listen to your dr and keep open communications with them. Any suggestions I have made is just my band way of life.

Good luck and keep in touch. im on fitness pal if you want to friend me. Nailpro00@msn.com. Anyone else can friend me too if you like. My food diary is public.

I don't know about the stretching thing. My dietician has oatmeal on my meal planner, so I eat it. I can't do a lot of it, and it has to be super thin. I think the Water makes the oats expand as much as they can because I use 1/8 cup of oats to a full cup of water. Then I add in my butter substitute to thin them out even more. I'm still new to all this. I have a lot of information considering how many family members have done this, but I also know that each person is different when it comes to what they can/were told to eat.

That is so great that you have such a support group around you. I wish I had that. I just got you on fitness pal. We can do this.

Oh dear! Everyone should have a support system! That's actually why I'm glad they have things like this forum and myfitnesspal. Gives strangers a chance to be friends and support each other because we know exactly what the other is going through having been there. Feel free to send me a message anytime! :)

I just received my band on 8/1/2013 after almost a year journey to get there. I started last November preparing for this. My insurance required a minimum 6 month doctor supervised diet among other hoops to jump through. From then until my surgery date' date=' I lost 45 lbs. I am extremely proud of that considering I've been obese for my entire life (literally from the time I was about 6 months old). I haven't had any of the normal problems I've been reading about or seen through my family who have gotten then band (my dad, my mother in law, and 2 of my aunt in laws). The biggest problem I'm having is sticking with the mushy foods, because quite frankly, it gets old eating the same thing over and over! I'm also having a little bit of a problem with feeling like there's a knot in my chest when I do eat. I don't know if it's because I'm eating too much (though I'm not sure how that's possible!) or if it's something else. I didn't have any problems with the after surgery gas, and this only happens when I eat. Any one else have this problem? Otherwise, I'm excited to see where this journey will lead me and I'm hoping that it will allow me to have children one day. My husband and I were told I couldn't have kids, but my bariatric surgeon thinks that will change once I'm in a normal weight range (I have PCOS). Here's hoping![/quote']

Have you looked at various recipes on this site? That might give you ideas on varying foods so its not the same old thing over and over? That "knot" you feel, might be your eating too fast. Sloooow way down and see if it helps. Good luck newbie and congratulations!

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

Thank you! I have been browsing the recipes! I also figured out the knot. I was eating too much too fast. I asked the nurse at my post-op appointment and actually showed her what I was doing so she could get a good idea before she said anything (I had taken my lunch shake with me). It's gotten much better now that I've slowed down.