Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10cc's in 11cc band

Through my experience, and observing the posts of many on this forum, while it is fairly easy to reach the conclusion that surgeons who do not fill bands aggressively are doing so to maximize their income, the reality is that the slower you fill your band, the more you minimize your chances to have complications from a band which is filled too tight.

My surgeon requires an entire 6 weeks to elapse between fills, no exceptions. That experience made me more aware of how to work with my band, and not to have to have any emergency appointments to unfill my band.

Just another example of how different surgeons approach their practice and treating their patients. For me, slower was better.

I agree completely. When I got my first big fill it was 5cc and my Surgeon explained that he wanted to give me a good start without being overly aggressive but yet without making it a year before I saw some form of 'restriction'. He told me that day that if I do need more it will be much less in one shot and he wouldn't do it any less than 5 to 6 weeks apart.

Key is not to be too tight to a point where you cannot eat or drink at all. I have heard some uneducated people say "just put the band on and tighten that thing all the way up". Those folks are heading down the path of failure.

I am really happy with the way things went even though it took a good 5 months. I knew it going in it could be a half year before I really got it going with momentum. Slow and steady and safe.

BUT....it wouldn't surprise me if there are Docs out there looking to make money off of people. I was lucky and found a good Practice and also insurance covered everything for me. My Doc bills insurance $130 for my fills and I pay nothing out of pocket.

It took me 18 fills to fill up my 14cc band. I started out getting 3cc then 2cc and 1cc fills after that. The tighter I got the lower the amount of fills. I was pretty loose at first so getting .25cc would have taken forever!

Hi, wow 18 fills it took to fill ur 14cc band. I also have a 14cc band. I'm about 11.2 cc filled, and was thinking something was wrong with my band, as I had no restriction. Thanks for the valuable info, guess I just have to hand in there.

There's a fill place in Dallas Texas that does it under X-ray for 50. I drive to Texas for the fill. I am also self pay. And they go by the X-ray. They aren't stingy with their fills

Where in Dallas do they do it for $50? I visit TX often so it's always good to know. Is it in a bariatric doctor's office? That is with a flouroscope? That's an incredible price. Where did you drive from to get to Dallas and where did you have your surgery?

There's a fill place in Dallas Texas that does it under X-ray for 50. I drive to Texas for the fill. I am also self pay. And they go by the X-ray. They aren't stingy with their fills

Where in Dallas?