Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction after fill?

I had my first fill Monday, May 1st, a week ago. Since then I have felt no restriction what-so-ever. I had someone tell me that it may take 2 weeks after the fill to feel the restriction. Does that make since? Has anyone else been told this? You would think as time goes on I would feel less restriction, not more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ghb

I don't know about that 2 week thing, but I got my first fill on April 27 and I don't have any restriction either. This Thursday will be two weeks and I have the same lack of restriction that I had before the fill.

I did not feel much restricton until the second fill. The only time I did is if I ate really fast and didn't chew enough. Dry things would stick too. I had my second fill last Weds. I have 4 ccs in my 10 cc band. It is tight enough I think for now. Lost about 5 lbs in a few days. Just tried ti cheat and eat a peice of pizza. Would not go down. I love pizza so will

have to put that aside for now. Maybe someday when I am at goal and get unfilled a little it will go down again. This is a very good thinng. I am happy!!

Darlene

my doc,(who is also kat1215's doc) told me that my first fill would be absorbed by the band within 2 weeks, and that i probably should not expect any significant results from the first fill. the doc told me to schedule my second fill two weeks from the first. i go for the second fill tomorrow, which is a month past the first fill as my doc was on vacation, etc.

I use Spivak too but I was told I had to wait three weeks. And, I still have not seen Dr. Spivak since my surgery.??? When I asked about seeing him, I was told there was really no reason. I wonder if I was a self pay, if I would be getting the same treatment?

I was banded on 3/14/06 , my first fill was 5/3/06 1cc in a 4cc band I felt no restriction at all, they told me Weds is fill days so I went again today for another fill they put .5cc in at a time now but he said it absorbed 1/2 of the first 1cc, so now I have 1 1/2cc in Im on liquids tonight so I cant tell yet some people say they got 8 fills the first year some 1 or 2. All I know is I need to feel resriction soon. Ive lost 27.5 lbs in 7 weeks. Good Luck. WANDAN

I was banded on April 7th and had my first fill on May4th. I didn't have any restriction before the fill and I don't have any restriction now. It is really frustrating because I am working on shear will. I have lost 20lbs so far but based on my start weight I thought it would be more. I have scheduled the next fill for June 2nd. By the way Dr. Spivak is my surgeon too. I have not asked to see him but did have a nice chat during the fill. I am self pay and the office told me if was not really necessary to see him unless I am having as problem. So don't feel like you are being given the run around because you are not self pay. Must just be policy. I sure will be happy to see what everyone talks about in not being able to eat cvertain food! By the way what is PBing???

PBing in Productive Burping. I've never experienced it since I have no restriction so I'm not the best to explain it. I guess it is just what it sound like. When you burp, some of your food come up. Lovely, huh??

Thanks to all who have responded. At least I now know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm just so frustrated since I thought this would help me to not eat more than it has. I guess I need to work on my patience. Thanks again.

GHB,

Call them and have them schedule your next fill. Tell them that you have no restriction. They did not ask me any questions. The just scheduled the fill, and I got it yesterday, and I can already notice a difference. I could not even eat 1/2 of a mcdonalds hashbrown this morning...I know, bad food choice, I was in a hurry.

good luck!

I was banded March 3, 2006.....first fill 6 April 20....and I felt really no change. I had little restriction. I just had my 2nd on 5/9/06 and WOW what a huge difference. I have good restriction, but no PB'ing yet. I'm giving it a few days before I try any solids because I can really feel that it's tighter. Even with my Protein this morning I had to take it slow. I may have found that "sweet spot"

Banded March 3, 2006

Lost 26 pounds so far...

It's pretty common that the first fill (even up to the first few fills) don't really make a restriction difference. My doc gave me a pretty big first fill, and I did feel a difference, but doctors these days try to 'sneak up' on a fill so that patients don't get too tight. It's frustrating to not be tight enough, but it's just not healthy to be too tight for very long, and it doesn't help with weight loss as much as one might think.

Just keep telling your doctor you need more restriction, and keep getting more fills. You'll get there!