Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 6th...time for a healthy change. anyone else new in august?

I checked on the last post that I saw was you were celebrating your 1st month. How have you been doing? Any tips on your success? And how much have you lost? Has it been a real learning experience or fairly easy for you? Proud to hear you've reached your 2 month anniversary and sounding pretty happy about it. Congrats!

Hi Donna,

I have been doing well. How about you? I have lost 42 lbs thus far. I will be seeing my doctor in two weeks to see how I am progressing. I still have not had a fill in my band and at this time unless the dr recommends it, I am satisfied with how my weight loss is going. Slow and steady wins the race! It has been a real learning experience, finding out what to eat, when, how much, etc. What has really helped for me was knowing that this is only a tool, nor a quick fix. Any weight loss is great! Try it and see if it works. Exercise, exercise, exercise! Eat small amounts, eat often, DO NOT eat after 7 pm and drink lots of water! One other is find others to surround yourself with who will be motivating and supportive. That is so important! I hope you are doing well and are learning how to adjust to life with the band too!

Hi Donna' date='

I have been doing well. How about you? I have lost 42 lbs thus far. I will be seeing my doctor in two weeks to see how I am progressing. I still have not had a fill in my band and at this time unless the dr recommends it, I am satisfied with how my weight loss is going. Slow and steady wins the race! It has been a real learning experience, finding out what to eat, when, how much, etc. What has really helped for me was knowing that this is only a tool, nor a quick fix. Any weight loss is great! Try it and see if it works. Exercise, exercise, exercise! Eat small amounts, eat often, DO NOT eat after 7 pm and drink lots of water! One other is find others to surround yourself with who will be motivating and supportive. That is so important! I hope you are doing well and are learning how to adjust to life with the band too![/quote']

Hi back. It sounds like u are doing great. I haven't had a fill yet either but not losing too fast. I haven't done alot of exercise but trying to figure out about a gym nearby and it's getting cool enough to walk. So I'll be increasing that slowly as not to get hurt been a few years. But I do agree slow and steady. Good luck to you and keep up the good work and positive attitude.

Hi back. It sounds like u are doing great. I haven't had a fill yet either but not losing too fast. I haven't done alot of exercise but trying to figure out about a gym nearby and it's getting cool enough to walk. So I'll be increasing that slowly as not to get hurt been a few years. But I do agree slow and steady. Good luck to you and keep up the good work and positive attitude.

I called my dr and asked whether I should get a fill before going on vacation to Hawaii and she dr assistant said to wait since it would be only 5 days before leaving. So made it for first of dec. That way I'll feel much calmer knowing if I do have a problem he won't be too far away. So I'm good with this . I'm getting down most foods and getting a little hungry between meals so I think I'm ready for at least a small fill.. getting ready to start wii zumba today to see if I can stay upright for 5 or more min. (Just starting today).

So with that and bike I might get in 30 min today maybe more. I'm going to try not giving in to my hunger or just grab a quick Protein bite to stave it off. Losing only by the tenths of a lb now. Very frstrating. But will perservere. Enjoy your day banders...be safe.

Hi All. It's been awhile. I'm wondering how everyone's doing. I'm still at the 20lbs that I lost right after surgery. I just got my second fill and now have a total of 5cc. Does that sound like the right amount to start feeling some restriction?

Hi All. It's been awhile. I'm wondering how everyone's doing. I'm still at the 20lbs that I lost right after surgery. I just got my second fill and now have a total of 5cc. Does that sound like the right amount to start feeling some restriction?

Hi...I am still at 20 or so lbs since 8-23. Haven't had a fill yet but supposedly 1st of Dec. I have been eating alot more than I should. Haven't started a regular exercise program except trying to walk everyday.

I am trying to get myself into shapes (if I have enough money left over from bills).

Also another gym which I can get into free thru silver sneakers but not sure my joints can take it...they don't have a pool. But am staying not gaining. After vacation from 11-11 to 11-27 I should get my fill right after Thanksgiving. I'll have alot of prepare work to do but daughter is helping alot. So hope all are doing well and have a glorious holiday.

Hello my band buddies... I have been AWOL for a month or so now, so I'm sorry for not being there to support and encourage you all. I have been stuck in my own "poor me" downward spiral and have not been in a great headspace. I have stayed away from the site because as strange as this sounds, I have tried to pretend that I don't have a lapband. Silly huh? But I have really been struggling with the restrictions - the small bites and the chew lots. It has taken my satisfaction away from eating, and as I medicate myself with food, have found myself in a place where when I feel sad, mad, tired, or stressed, I struggle to make myself feel better. I have been eating the wrong foods but my band is keeping me at small portions, so I have not gained weight. But I haven't lost any either. I haven't had any more fills but am planning to schedule one for next week. I really need some words of encouragement to get me back on track xx

Hello my band buddies... I have been AWOL for a month or so now, so I'm sorry for not being there to support and encourage you all. I have been stuck in my own "poor me" downward spiral and have not been in a great headspace. I have stayed away from the site because as strange as this sounds, I have tried to pretend that I don't have a lapband. Silly huh? But I have really been struggling with the restrictions - the small bites and the chew lots. It has taken my satisfaction away from eating, and as I medicate myself with food, have found myself in a place where when I feel sad, mad, tired, or stressed, I struggle to make myself feel better. I have been eating the wrong foods but my band is keeping me at small portions, so I have not gained weight. But I haven't lost any either. I haven't had any more fills but am planning to schedule one for next week. I really need some words of encouragement to get me back on track xx

I have missed you! I been wondering what happened to you. Don't let the small bites stress you it's just to help you. Once U get use to it it will just be natural for you. We all have our ups and downs. You have a great support system here

We all struggle from time to time and it's okay to fall down for a bit as long as you get right back up and move forward. We didn't gain this weight overnite and we certainly won't lose it that way either. It's a long and windy journey. You just gotta remember how far you've come already. I myself am stuck at the same weight for almost a month. I'm happy to not be gaining though and you should too. Hang in there.

Thankyou both so much for your encouraging words.. I have definitely realized that the demon I need to battle is not eating my emotions. How are you all progressing??

How is everyone doing???

Doing well thank you. I'm down 50 lbs since being banded on August 12th. I've had one fill (December) and have definitely noticed the difference in what I'm able to eat. No more apples with skin, no more bread, very little rice, and chicken remains a challenge. I've had my ups and downs though. I have eaten more than I should occassionally, both in terms of amount of food and type of food. For the most part though I don't eat anywhere near what I used to and many foods are treats of the past such as donuts, soda, and fried foods. My hair has been falling out a lot but I'm hoping my body's nutrition needs will even out eventually and the loss will stop. I need to hit the gym more consistently because I feel like it's the key to moving forward. Still feeling very positive bout my choice to be banded. How are you and everyone else doing?

How is everyone doing???

Doing well thank you. I'm down 50 lbs since being banded on August 12th. I've had one fill (December) and have definitely noticed the difference in what I'm able to eat. No more apples with skin, no more bread, very little rice, and chicken remains a challenge. I've had my ups and downs though. I have eaten more than I should occassionally, both in terms of amount of food and type of food. For the most part though I don't eat anywhere near what I used to and many foods are treats of the past such as donuts, soda, and fried foods. My hair has been falling out a lot but I'm hoping my body's nutrition needs will even out eventually and the loss will stop. I need to hit the gym more consistently because I feel like it's the key to moving forward. Still feeling very positive bout my choice to be banded. How are you and everyone else doing?

I'm doing well! Have only lost 30 pounds since August. I just had another fill this past Monday. I definitely feel restriction now. I'm so glad you replied ???? I need to exercise more too. I'm very happy I had the surgery. I cannot eat apple skins, rice or bread either.... Now that I feel more restriction, I know, I have eaten less... I have the same problem with Hair loss. I actually have been experiencing that for 9 years now...Feeling good about everything.