Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I take Lipozene after Lap Band

I am five weeks out from my surgery. My starting weight was 339 and when I went to my two week dr. appt., I was down 17 lbs. I am trying to join the Marine Corps and I want to lose as much weight as I can as fast and as safe as I can. I was wondering if lipozene would be helpful or harmful. Any information would be helpful. I go back to the dr. on Friday the 12th. thanks in advance!

Will the Corps take you with a band? Be careful with the supplements, if you work your band properly you are going to be eating at extremely low calories, some supplements may make you loose weight quicker, but what shape will your body be in when you get down to where you want to be.

Personally, I had to scale back my biking and increase my calories because I felt like **** after a couple of hours on the road, in talking to some friends who are avid cyclists they suggested that it was because I wasn't getting enough (i.e. proper) nutrition to support the level of exercise.

Very bad idea. They are nothing more than Fiber that is supposed to expand in your stomach to make you feel full. With the band, this would be begging for a slip.

Here's a warning that was issued about Lipozene:

A health advisory was released by Health Canada stating the following: "natural health products containing the ingredient glucomannan in tablet, capsule or powder form, which are currently on the Canadian market, have a potential for harm if taken without at least 8 ounces of Water or other Fluid. The risk to Canadians includes choking and/or blockage of the throat, esophagus or intestine, according to international adverse reaction case reports. It is also important to note that these products should not be taken immediately before going to bed."

This is just my opinion, but why waste your money on gimmicks when you have a Lap Band?

i agree with missy

why on earth spend time getting a WLS

to waste money on non FDA approved (supplement) that is advertised on the same channel as operation repo?

at least give the band a chance to work..seems like you dont quite believe in the band already...if that is the case, you may have a long road ahead of you.

Yes, before you decide to take te\he lapband route, make sure that the Marines will except a lapband person for signup

I just got out of the Air Force last August and they won't allow Lapband or any WLS for active duty members because they can't deploy you for fear of complications.

I'd be SHOCKED to see if the corps allow u in with the band still in....maybe after u take it out I'm sure you could?

The Corps wont take me with the band. My goal weight is 200-210. when I get to that the band will have to be taken out, but I only have to wait a month before I can go to boot camp. When I get to boot camp, losing weight won't be any trouble lol As far as the lipozene goes, I haven't taken any, I was just wonderin about what would happen. I am losing weight, pretty quickly actually, in my first weigh in, two weeks after surgery, I had lost 17 lbs. im not sure what I weigh now, I will find out Friday the 12th. I appreciate all of the info, and based on it, I think im gonna steer away from the supplements. Thanks!!!

@carolinagirl, it's not that I don't believe. I am already amazed with the results of the band...it's the best thing I have ever done with my life, I am just really impatient lol. The band has allowed me to lose more weight at any one time in just a few weeks than I have lost in my whole life combined. I was just wondering if I could lose weight faster. that's all. Oh and by the way, I HATE Operation Fake-O!!! Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate your honesty. Thank you :)

I had a gastric bypass and have lost 70 pounds since the end of June. At my 6 month check up I was told I need to eat more food but my labs were great. I had a gallbladder removal about a month ago and my stomach is real bloated and I have gained 4 pounds. I bought some lipozene to help lose the fat. Reading some stuff and now I am afraid to take it. Has anyone taken it or had advice from their Doctor ?? Any bad experiences or ones you have heard about ????? Don't know what to do... I need an appetite control and fat burner I think. I was doing great exercise but my pain Doc reduced my meds and I had bad pain I couldn't break thrust plus withdrawal's so I didn't get the exercise I need to not have the sagging body parts. Sucks. I am off one of my insulin and most days I don't take any. I breathe better and my COPD is doing great.i cam walk farther. Am I worried about my belly bulge a bit to much ????