Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally found it, thanks to a good friend...

A new friend on here and I met up locally and of course we hit it off, she's the best. It's great to have found someone to share this journey with along the way. Anyway she told me about a Protein Powder she uses and today I went to GNC and got me some and OMG I LOVE IT!!!!! I am plugging in my meals on MFP and only getting about 40 grms of Protein and losing hair big time so I needed to up the protein. Tonight I fixed a shake and it was soooo good. It's GNC's brand Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 and I got the chocolate flavor powder. I used 1 scoop instead of the 3 scoops it called for because I was making 1 serving of 8 oz in my bullet and used light vanilla soy milk and half frozen banana, just let me tell you, it was delish, not gritty, smooth, creamy. I think I found my vice to getting extra protein. Thanks Anna, ur the best!

Someone on another post mentioned GNC and I start my pre op diet in a few days so I will be going tomorow to check it out. I will see if they have it there! It sounds great! Also that is wonderful that you were able to meet up with her and yall hit it off! Let us know if she gives you anymore awesome pointers, I love to hear them!! :D

I'm hoping she and I can get together this week, I'll have to see with my schedule, I've got a lot going on with my elderly mom. It's just nice to compare notes because we different dr's and of course I'm sure different rules but it's just nice to talk to someone that is going thru the same things you are, you know? I'm a little over 1 yr post op and I think she had her surgery in April but she had done great. My weight loss has gone slow due to lack of exercise, I have a bad knee, some days I can walk on the treadmill and some days it gives out and cause much pain. I'm kind of at a plateau now. Don't know what to do about that. I haven't lost any in 2 months.

I'm hoping she and I can get together this week' date=' I'll have to see with my schedule, I've got a lot going on with my elderly mom. It's just nice to compare notes because we different dr's and of course I'm sure different rules but it's just nice to talk to someone that is going thru the same things you are, you know? I'm a little over 1 yr post op and I think she had her surgery in April but she had done great. My weight loss has gone slow due to lack of exercise, I have a bad knee, some days I can walk on the treadmill and some days it gives out and cause much pain. I'm kind of at a plateau now. Don't know what to do about that. I haven't lost any in 2 months.[/quote']

You know sometimes I think out bodies fight is and say "nope I'm not giving up this weight!" I haven't been exercising either due to arthritis in my hips. I'm hoping with weight loss it will take the stress off them. That's neat you met a lapband pal locally! Have fun!

Well now I have hit a bit of a plateau as well. I thought I had arthritis in my hip but it turned out to be a nasty acute case of bursitis. It got so bad Thursday it brought me to tears and I have a pretty good pain tolerance . I ended up getting it injected with a steroid Thursday and its slowly getting better . I believe my plateau is related to no exercise . Am seeing the doctor in follow up tomorrow. I want to prevent ever getting this again and get started exercising. Still happy with my results so far but definitely slowing down. Just have to work harder!

Over my plateau...just slipped in to a size 12!!! Yee haw!!

I also used GNC's powder shakes and they are much better than others I've tried. Just make sure you are taking Vitamin supplements. I bought a huge container of Celebtate from my Dr's office (chocolate) and the flavor leaves a lot to be desired but it has more Vitamins than GNC brand. Good luck to you.