Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just realized...

Good for you P'Nut. These NSV's can mean the world when the scale isn't moving very fast.

I can go up the stairs quickly don't get out of breath or even have to hold onto the hand rail. I don't run. My hip doesn't allow it, but I can move quickly which makes me feel good. With the weather starting to get warmer, I got into my stash of shorts. The smallest pair is 2 sizes too big! So basically I have no shorts that fit me. That's a great feeling as long as it's because they're too small. Oh, and one more thing......(blush) I had to buy new undies because all my others were getting too big. I bought those neat boy shorts. Makes me feel all sexy again.

Yesterday I realized that there are no size 16s in the womens department.

I also realized that shopping at the other end of the store feels like being in a completely different store.

Ah, I also realized that while I CAN wear a pair of very low cut flared jeans in a size 16, it doesn't mean I SHOULD. *laughs* I'm not 17 anymore.. what a drag! :)

OMIGOSH P'Nut...that was quite funny. Lee makes some 16W slacks that have a bit of stretch and fit great. I have not found 14W's...but I have found that when I went to the other side of the store, that the 18's from the other side where the next size down. Unfortunately, I am still in the much bigger sizes in all the other brands, but the stretchy in the Lee's allow for me to shop in the other department.

Dear Photo Nut, CONGRATULATIONS to you!! You are always an inspiration!

It's funny, but I had the same realization last week and it was astounding to me as well!!! I have only 38 pounds to go to 100 off! (We were banded very close in dates too!) I never would have thought these few months since banding would have made such a drastic difference!

My most receent realization came when I had to walk part way up to the top of a mountain last weekend, and it hit me halfway up the climb... I don't have to stop to huff and puff every few feet... I am not dying and wishing I had never started the climb... I am very close to keeping up with all the "normal" people!!!! I was totally amazed at the change in my fitness!! WOW! It felt great!! (Inclines had always been a major killer for me!!) It feels great to be at this point in the journey and motivates me more every day. I am SO grateful for the band and for all the support I find here! :clap2:

Oh Susan!!! I don't know how many times I will tell you this... you are doing SO AWESOME!!! You are a model bandster and such an inspiration!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!

My realization hit me Friday night when I put on a bathing suit and turned to look in the mirror. I was prepared for the worst!!! Didn't look half bad though. It was an Old Navy suit size 14/16 I believe. I even when swimming in it :P

My husband and I played in the pool and had a blast, something I normally wouldn't have done. He kept picking me up and throwing me around and it just felt good to be almost normal!!! :D

Congrats to you Photo Nut! I think that's absolutely spectacular. Running is an accomplishment for any of us! I have had a few knee surgeries, and can't wait to sprint without feeling winded. congrats!

OMG P'nut you made me think about something! I am flying on May 23rd. My butt will fit in the seat without rubbing and overlapping the arm rests and I won't have to extend the belt out all the way before putting in on. Woohoo!

P'nut, congrates on the new experiences. I to have seen the wonders of the band.

-gave up the horrible cane that I have been forced to use for the last 2 & 1/2 years.

-seating in a booth at a resturant

-not crowding the person next to me at the movies

-teaching my deep Water arobics class that 7 months ago I could not do most of the moves

-my surgars are down to 81 & I start tomarrow taking 1/2 a 4mg pill a day

- going from a size 32 to an 18

Life is good & each day get better.

Kim

P'Nut....your so AWESOME! I am SO very proud of your success! :D;) :Banane33: :Banane10: ;)

I have had two relizations...

1. Went for a walk 2 weeks ago along a route that I would do when training for my wildland firefighter pack test, the last time I went on the route last summer I was DYING, had to stop constantly and rest/catch my breath....well 2 weeks ago I realized as I hit the top of the highest hill I was breathing hard...BUT...normal aerobic hard, and I didn't need to stop!

2. We went to dinner the other night at a restaurant we frequent but with DH health we haven't gone for a while. WELL...we are sitting in a booth and I am futzing with the table and complaining that the table it to far away from me, at this point DH is looking at me like i'm insane and says... "Skye the tables are the same as they always have been....but you aren't...you shrank". :high5: Whooohooo!

Skye

This thread has been my happy thread! Thank you all for your very kind words and thank you for sharing some of your own realizations that make this journey so very special.

I have a story to share with you.

Today, my 2 1/2 year old grandson was playing in my bedroom closet. On the floor, leaning against the wall was one of those picture collages - the kind that has matting for several pictures of different sizes and shapes within the one frame. There are very old pictures in that frame. My grandson was looking at faces he could not possibly recognize. His great uncle as a teen, his mother and uncles as small children, his great grandmother as a young mother. Everyone's faces are now so much older. As he sat in front of the frame, looking at all the different pictures (about 15 all together) and I heard him say, "Meemaw" (thats me *proud smile*). I thought he was seeing pictures of my mother and said, "Where's Meemaw?" And to my complete surprise, that sweet little boy pointed his chubby finger right at my face - a face that was only 17 years old at the time. It was a picture of my mother and me at my highschool graduation. It literally took my breath away. He saw that young woman, and he knew it was me. I never dreamed anyone could still see that pretty girl that I thought was lost to 30 years of obesity. I guess, perhaps, she's still in there afterall.

P'Nut I just want to congratulate you from the bottom of my heart. I love to read all your posts. You were the first person on here to be so nice to me and give me the time of day. I will never forget it. Keep up all the fantastic work! I am still working on getting our insurance at work to pay for the surgery. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as you are in mine even when you don't know it. I am so sure that your little grandson saw that beautiful woman in that picture that we all see everyday! Just think of all you will be able to do with that special little guy and the rest of your family!

Congratulations to all of you with all your wonderful jobs and hard work and dedication that you are doing each and everyday.

We had our first lapband patient yesterday and I was her nurse! I was so excited for her and also told her of this wonderful place as a great source of support! Thanks everyone for always being so wonderful and such a great support for everyone.....banded and non-banded!

As he sat in front of the frame, looking at all the different pictures (about 15 all together) and I heard him say, "Meemaw" (thats me *proud smile*). I thought he was seeing pictures of my mother and said, "Where's Meemaw?" And to my complete surprise, that sweet little boy pointed his chubby finger right at my face - a face that was only 17 years old at the time. It was a picture of my mother and me at my highschool graduation. It literally took my breath away. He saw that young woman, and he knew it was me. I never dreamed anyone could still see that pretty girl that I thought was lost to 30 years of obesity. I guess, perhaps, she's still in there afterall.

Of all the NSV's this is the best. You made me Boo Hoo!! :Cry: I love the innocence of precious children. From what my mom tells me, grandkids are pretty awesome!!

I loved the stairs NSV also. Just tonight I ran upstairs (our pc's are down) to call my bro and went right to the phone. After my SIL answered, I said, "You know, I too fat to run up the stairs and start talking on the phone". We both had a good laugh b/c it's the truth for both of us. :heh:

Thank you so much for the sweet comments. You ladies are just the best!

Teresa, you made my day! *big hug*