Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Banded May 1st- Boston Area

Hi to all... it has taken me 8 weeks to post anything...but I certainly got alot from this site... I was banded on Monday. (Sounds like something you do to a rare bird)

I was 266 pounds and 5'5", and 40... just married and realized that to continue this way at this weight would get the best of me...

I had friends that had Bypass and Lapband and after looking at my eating habits decided that LB was the way for me... what is funny is that I kept waiting for the doctors, therapists, nutriti, nurses or ANYONE... to say "oh you dont need that- or You dont Qualify".. but with each person I told, they seemed to see what I couldnt... I was morbidly obese...

So from Jan-May I went through the process, in between I had gall stones show up on the ultra sound, so those had to come out at the end of March which postponed the banding but also helped me to loose 10 pounds and here I am 4 days post banding.

My Doctor is Daniel Jones at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. There was and is an entire team dedicated to the Weight loss surgerys. I cant say enough good about him.( and the recovery Nurses).

My discomfort is minimal and the only challange is getting in enough fluids.. thankfully I am home from work and can focus on that, but it seems like a full time job.. and so far I have only been able to get in 30oz per day... and a yogurt on top of it. People have told me that there is swelling and once that goes down I should be able to drink more fluids?

I find myself dreaming of cottage cheese and ricotta....

Until then....

Hi Nikki,

I was just banded on 4/27/2006... You are able to get in way more liquids than I am, and I am 9 days post. I can only get in about 15 oz right now.. I'm pushing it with 20 oz, but I am doing OK. I just made a post regarding drinkng too fast and over-filling my pouch..Which I made the mistake of doing. Its very painful... WIth my being soooo thirsty, I just drank way too much too fast and did I pay for it. Other than that, I am vry happy with my progress. Welcome to LBT, us newbies can help each other out.

Dimples

I was banded on Monday, 5-1-06. I'm doing fine with the fluids but am hungry. Well last night (4th day post-op) I tried scrambled eggs! I KNOW I KNOW STUIPID MOVE!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! I hurt soooo bad after 3 bites, which I ate way toooooo fast!!!! I kept walking around the bedroom, hubby kept thinking I was gonna die (so did I) LOL!! I finally threw up....just once but it all came up even the hot tea I tried to drink with it to make it go down!! From my experience, please do as your doc tells you even if you think your starving!! It's not worth it and hurts like hell!!!! :)

Welcome to bandland! Yes, as the swelling goes down you will be able to drink/eat more. Just remember to follow your doctors orders, it's really important for you to let your band heal properly!:)

Hi,

I am being banded on May 30th and Dr Jones is my doctor as well. I'm very excited to have my surgery and start the process. I have found a lot of inspiration on this forum already and look forward to posting my progress as well.

Keep up the good work!

Hi NikkiBlack,

I was banded in Idaho on May 1st. You seem to be doing about the same as me. Today, one week out, was my best yet.

Did you dream about cottage cheese and ricotta before being banded? I definately did NOT, but they are sounding pretty good to me too.

Check out the "May 2006 Band Crew" thread. There are quite a few of us who were banded on the 1st. We do a lot of comparing notes.

Welcome to BANDLAND!

Hi Nikki -- welcome! I was banded at BIDMC too but by Dr Schneider. I got banded about 6 months ago and have lost 57 pounds. A bunch of us Mass bandsters are getting together June 11th in the worcester area. Check the Massachusetts forum for the details it's under "as we slip into March". Bostonfatgirl -- this means you too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• markhold

One faithful day as i was watching a video on you tube i saw a  comment of one MR PAUL HAVERSACK testifying of this great herbal healer doctor Moses Buba,That helped him enlarge his manhood .i was shocked and happy, so i quickly visited his website and emailed him within 30 mins he got back to me and told me all i need to buy and i did so after 4 days i received his herbal medicine ,he gave me instructions on how to use it ,as i am speaking to you people now after using the cream for just two weeks my manhood  size is 10 inches long and 8.0 girth ,,am so happy and grateful for his work in my life thank you so much Doctor Moses buba ,,i also learnt he has cure for LOW SPERM COUNT,PREMATURE EJACULATION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION,HIV/AIDS VIRUS,DIABETES 1/2,HERPES DISEASE,CANCER,and lots more

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • markhold

One faithful day as i was watching a video on you tube i saw a  comment of one MR PAUL HAVERSACK testifying of this great herbal healer doctor Moses Buba,That helped him enlarge his manhood .i was shocked and happy, so i quickly visited his website and emailed him within 30 mins he got back to me and told me all i need to buy and i did so after 4 days i received his herbal medicine ,he gave me instructions on how to use it ,as i am speaking to you people now after using the cream for just two weeks my manhood  size is 10 inches long and 8.0 girth ,,am so happy and grateful for his work in my life thank you so much Doctor Moses buba ,,i also learnt he has cure for LOW SPERM COUNT,PREMATURE EJACULATION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION,HIV/AIDS VIRUS,DIABETES 1/2,HERPES DISEASE,CANCER,and lots more

· 0 replies
    • markhold

· 0 replies
    • Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches