Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting again......

I had my first apt with my new doc today. I've had my band for over 5 years & have not used it for over 3 years. I am waiting to have a fluoroscopy done & will have my first fill 7/5. Im scared, nervous & excited. I hope I can be successful this time around.

Look at it this way - you've got a headstart this time - your band is already in and you're ready to go! Welcome and you can do this!

Hi,

In a way, I, too, am getting back on the lapband wagon. I started in 07, reached goal in two years and after a year, discovered sweets chip, and pastry slides right through my lapband without any discomfort. Having a "big sweet tooth", I gained back lots of weight. I didn't want to feel a failure so I just stopped going back to the doctor, thinking I'll lose some and then go back and I would not feel like I let him down. So I tried slim fasts and Protein bars for a couple of weeks, months ..years and only gained more and more weight.

Finally having gone up a large number of sizes, I just kept looking at the lovely sized 10 clothes in my closet (had given away all my fat clothes, thinking I would never use them again). I bought cheap plus sized clothes so I could go out of the house again.

I finally said I must go back..... So here I am writing down what I eat,

Going to support groups, and nutrition classes, joining a lap band support group, charting my exercise daily. So if one loses weight, and stops keeping a food diary,keeping creating healthy good eating habits, and exercise regime, the weight will creep back on. Existing on slimfast and diet foot, and then eating all kinds of sweets late at night is a recipe for disaster. Good luck to you maybe we can motivate each other.

I am too. I have had my band for about two and a half years. I dropped 50 lbs pretty easily and then I plateaued, but I was happy where I was so I just fell off the band wagon. Now the weight is creeping up, and since my last fill (Maybe it was December? I have had a lot more food getting stuck. Some days I will get stuck twice. I am doing everything wrong and to boot I am under some extra stress so I am snacking on chocolates and chips. All stuff that does not get stuck. Started up with the doctor again and have appointment to have a podiatrist do something with a problem in my foot which makes all exercise difficult. Also came back here after long time away. So maybe we can all get back on track.

Im in the same boat..got banded a lil over 6 years ago... no fill for about 3 or so years and now back on the bandwagon. I'm trying to figure it all out again, the rules, no later night eating. ..I have a had 2 fills since seeing my doctor in the last month or so. I feel restriction but no problems or pbing. I do notice I can't eat anything at all so far in the evening. I snacked at 7:30 and felt I still had food in my pouch at 10pm so slept reclined.

Same here!! I had my band in 2007...but I honestly never applied myself or tried. I lost about 45 lbs in 2 years ..then I had a baby in 2009, had another fill, lost all my baby weight fast but still around 200 lbs. I haven't had a fill since 2009. Currently 9 months pregnant and in pain. Having pain in left rib area and port is sticking out. I am so scared my band is ruined and ill have to get it removed or something crazy. I have my baby tomorrow and I am determined to use not abuse my band this time! no more babies for me as I'm getting my tubes tied during my csection! I have forgotten most everything I learned after surgery but I ordered the big lap band book to help and I love this site. very encouraging! Is it hard to get back on the wagon after so long being off?

Ok. I was doing very well for my first 2 weeks of my first fill but now am screwing up again. Why can I just follow the simple orders from my doc & band........:(

Same here as well! I think I have finally realized that the band (as one woman replied) controls the quantity, while you control the quality. The band is definitely an amazing tool, but there are ways around it! At one point, I thought having it as tight as possible would solve the problem. I then spent about a year eating whatever I wanted only to throw it back up in between 3 or 4 bites (disgusting, I know!) It was a good lesson for me in the end because forever eating alone alongside my "puke bucket" became exhausting and helped me to make myself take the smaller bites, chew forever, etc... I believe overeating and indulging in "bad" foods can be just as much a "disorder" as bulimia, anorexia, or any other. The band is not a fix-all tool. You also have work to do!