Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 30th I will be 1 yr and I have been drinking regular coffee the whole time! Spoke to dr and nutritionist I gave up a whole lot won't give up my coffee! And I have 1 spoon regular sugar and my Creamer usually get the fat free ones. I do 2-3 cups of coffee a day and I am loosing jus fine they tell me as long as its not a pot of coffee I am fine!

Hey Joanne !! Did not know that was you LOL !!! Yes things are good :). I will see you and Denise definitely !! Maybe we can meet before then just to hang out and chat ?

Man, you guys say you like coffee and you are talking about PODS??? I'll bet you put cream and sugar in it as well! Fresh roasted Beans, a burr grinder and a french press is all you really need.

Fact is if I'm in a hurry in the morning I just grab a hand full of Beans, and a cup of boiling Water. Throw the beans in your mouth and chew them until they are a coarse grind, take a swig of hot Water, hold it in my mouth for 4 minutes and swallow! :blink:

I like the pods, but I also like grinding beans for the French press. Also - you can grind your own beans and use them in the Keurig as well, which I often do too. I need about a tbsp of skim milk in my coffee (long before I was trying to lose weight) and I'm good to go!!

No Marylou's here in SoCal, but if I ever make to MA, I'll check it out :)

Banjo - when I kept seeing the reference to Timmies, I had no clue either....so I Googled it. It's short for Tim Horton's http://www.timhorton...a/en/index.html

Yup, Tim Horton's is very popular in Canada - also in upstate New York (I lived there for a while and had one a block away). We have Starbucks as well, but it seems Timmie's rules :)

Tim Hortons is quite similar to dunkin donuts actually. When I was in NYC they now have a timmies right close to Times Square. Its definitely Canadas favorite and it may have something to do with the fact that Tim Horton was also a hockey player...lol

Hey, I survived two strokes, two brain operations ovarian cancer AND gave up smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day 31 years ago COLD TURKEY! Well the one habit I could never, EVER give up is my coffee! I used to drink about 4 cups a day and I'd always make 12 cups. However, I am such a fanatic about drinking only freshly brewed coffee that if it sat in the pot more than 30 minutes I dumped the pot. So last year I treated myself to a Kuerig coffee maker and it only makes one cup at a time. I told my doctor when I was on my pre-op diet that the one thing I didn't think I could overcome was my coffee. So my surgeon said I'm not forbidding you from having your coffee but to limit it. OK, I could live with that so I have my coffee every single day and occasionally I'll have a second cup. So, I can overcome almost everything but if they took my coffee away I would go bonkers! I treat coffee like it's dessert that's how much I love it. I know it sounds crazy but I have to have my coffee. I realize caffeine is a drug but believe it or not that if I have a headache I'll drink a cup of regular coffee and the headache starts to dissipate.

Hey' date=' I survived two strokes, two brain operations ovarian cancer AND gave up smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day 31 years ago COLD TURKEY! Well the one habit I could never, EVER give up is my coffee! I used to drink about 4 cups a day and I'd always make 12 cups. However, I am such a fanatic about drinking only freshly brewed coffee that if it sat in the pot more than 30 minutes I dumped the pot. So last year I treated myself to a Kuerig coffee maker and it only makes one cup at a time. I told my doctor when I was on my pre-op diet that the one thing I didn't think I could overcome was my coffee. So my surgeon said I'm not forbidding you from having your coffee but to limit it. OK, I could live with that so I have my coffee every single day and occasionally I'll have a second cup. So, I can overcome almost everything but if they took my coffee away I would go bonkers! I treat coffee like it's dessert that's how much I love it. I know it sounds crazy but I have to have my coffee. I realize caffeine is a drug but believe it or not that if I have a headache I'll drink a cup of regular coffee and the headache starts to dissipate.[/quote']

I'm with you. I don't think I could live without my coffee. Well, my family couldn't live with me without my coffee. LOL. I too have a keurig that I love. I do the k-cups or fresh ground depending on my mood that day. I don't always have a second cup, but I have to have at least a cup everyday.