Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post-op where do I get the egg drop soup

Hi everyone-

I am brand new to the site and brand new to my band. I saw a few people talk about egg drop Soup - can anyone give me a hint where to find it and what other things to have in the STAGE 1 - liquids to thick liquid phase. I am getting a little hungry

Thanks

I am 6 days post lap band and am on purees plus one Liquid Protein drink a day. I have pureed grilled fish (with fish stock), grilled chicken breast (with chicken stock), tofu and vegetables (with miso), chili with salsa, tuna and egg salads with a little mayo or hummous. All tasted great and went down fine.

Good luck!

Joy

I am 7 days post op, and doing clear liquids, gradually phasing in thicker ones beginning today. I did a lot of the Zero carb Isopure drinks, half in the morning and half in the afternoon, for the Protein. They are completely clear, and pack 40g. of protein per bottle. Can't say it didn't take a few drinks per day to accustom to the taste! I drink some 1/2 c. or so of light fruit juice per day, some days I do some Gatorade, also Jello, popsicles. Lots of plain ol' Water. When my DH, and DD, wanted to stop and eat the other day they ate chinese, so I could eat soup! Was an easy thing to do that day, not eating the rest. Of course it helped that they were out of Crab puffs...my weakness, so I didn't have to see them!!! I am not tummy hungry yet, but the head hunger has hit me a few times, distracting myself when it happens has worked, it means it is time to go walking!! Good luck everyone!!

Kat

Hey Kat You are doing great. You are one day ahead of me. What does isopur taste like. I am on high Protein slim fast but yours has way more protein. Keep it up.

Hi Sally Jo, I won't lie and tell you it is delicious!!! It is not something I would have ever likely CHOSE to drink! It has the Protein aftertaste to it, and that is what I don't like. However, after the first few sips, I get accustomed to it (yes each time!!!) And I know it is what keeps me feeling strong and ready to go. It comes in several flavors, I think I like the Grape Frost, and the Apple Melon the best. I also drink the orange, and the mango peach. I buy mine at GNC. When I last bought them proir to surgery they were buy 5 get one free, and run about $3.50 a piece. But I figured since i would be drinking them exclusively for my protein during the clear liquid phase it was well worth it. Hope you are doing great!!

Kat

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches