Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just getting started with the process, going to the free seminar Tuesday (it's required before starting) and I'm already finding myself worrying if I'm giving the "right" answers. While I know that being truthful is uber important... I want this so bad and I'm afraid they'll deny me for some reason... and I swear I'm not a crazy person!

I lost over 150 pounds in 2007/2008 and kept it off for several years but have gained 100 pounds back in the last 2 years. I'm worried if they see that I did lose that much on my own that I won't need the band?

I'm worried that if they know I have high BP (totally weight related) or GERD, that they won't let me?

I'm worried that my PCP (who I rarely see and I am bad for doctor hopping, depending on what's wrong with me) won't think it's a good idea... will that matter?

I want this done yesterday... so bad. I'm not a fat person, I'm a skinny person stuck inside all this blubber.... I need help finding myself again!!

Did/does anyone else have all these crazy worries running around in your head?

Take a deep breath. This will all work out. Unless they feel you have a health condition that is a contraindication for having a band...I am sure things will work out well....have faith and go through the process.

Calm down, chill out.... :) these are all reasons for getting the lap band.... It's all gonna be ok.

I was nearly identical. All of the same thoughts you have listed and then some! I was very honest...laid it all on the line. If there is a medical way to make you healthy with the lapband then they will do it. Work closely with your lapband doctor...it'll be okay...but be forthright with ALL your data and feelings.

I'm wondering why you are doctor hopping? It's important to have one PCP that can clearly keep track of your health conditions, medications, tests, referrals, etc. I would suggest finding ONE doctor that you like and trust and stick with him/her. I manage a group of PCP's and trust me, they would rather deal with a complex case than try and piece it all together from different doctors/sources when something goes wrong. It really is for your benefit- they are there to help. I'm sure everything will work out just fine for you. Best wishes! :)

I'm wondering why you are doctor hopping? It's important to have one PCP that can clearly keep track of your health conditions, medications, tests, referrals, etc. I would suggest finding ONE doctor that you like and trust and stick with him/her. I manage a group of PCP's and trust me, they would rather deal with a complex case than try and piece it all together from different doctors/sources when something goes wrong. It really is for your benefit- they are there to help. I'm sure everything will work out just fine for you. Best wishes! :)

I guess that sounds bad, doctor hopping. It's really not like that, I live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, the doctor turn over rate is astonishing... we're a low income rural area so doctors move here for 2 years to get money off their student loans, and then move the heck away from here ( I can't blame them, haha... if my family wasn't here I'd be gone too). You are never really able to "bond" with any doctor because they're gone before you know it. I very rarely go to the doctor, I'll hear about "a good one" at a different office, then before you know it they're gone so I'll go back to the old office etc. But honestly I go to the doctor about 1x per year... I just didn't want it to sound like I was "pill shopping" or anything. :o)

Thanks for everyone's replies. I need to calm down. I have to remind myself that I didn't get this big overnight and I won't get skinny overnight either.

Small Townes do have high turn over on doctors! If you are lucky enough to actually have an m.d.

Good luck! Do the best you can with what you have. You sound motivated, it will work out. :)