Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 post Op

I was just banded yesterday, May 3rd. I'm doing pretty well. Very sore and tired. Excited to have finally made it here though. I lost 25 lbs from my initial consult to surgery which was 3 1/2 months. Looking forward to more weight loss but more importantly being healthy!

I was just banded yesterday' date=' May 3rd. I'm doing pretty well. Very sore and tired. Excited to have finally made it here though. I lost 25 lbs from my initial consult to surgery which was 3 1/2 months. Looking forward to more weight loss but more importantly being healthy![/quote']

Congratulations! I was banded on 5/3 too. Seem to be doing pretty well so far. The abdominal cavity gas pains from the air they fill you with were rough yesterday and today I started feeling very little pain from the procedure itself. I haven't had much of an appetite so it has been very easy to stick with the liquids :-). Let's hear from the rest of the May 2013 banders as you complete your surgeries!!!!

Good to hear you both are doing well post-op. My surgery is Monday. I am so excited!!

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!

Congratulations! I was banded on 5/3 too. Seem to be doing pretty well so far. The abdominal cavity gas pains from the air they fill you with were rough yesterday and today I started feeling very little pain from the procedure itself. I haven't had much of an appetite so it has been very easy to stick with the liquids :-). Let's hear from the rest of the May 2013 banders as you complete your surgeries!!!!

I hope you are feeling better today. I'm feeling pretty yucky. I felt hungry yesterday but the thought of having anything is making me feel sick today. I know this will pass and just ready to move on!!

I hope you are feeling better today. I'm feeling pretty yucky. I felt hungry yesterday but the thought of having anything is making me feel sick today. I know this will pass and just ready to move on!!

The gas pains are still moving around in my upper chest and some neck pain (could be from my pillow position though). Tried cream of chicken Soup today as I was feeling hungry for the first time. I think I will stick to broth and Jello although it did go down ok. I hope you start to feel better. I am taking bigger sips of juice and hot tea too. Thanks for the support!!!

The gas pains are still moving around in my upper chest and some neck pain (could be from my pillow position though). Tried cream of chicken Soup today as I was feeling hungry for the first time. I think I will stick to broth and Jello although it did go down ok. I hope you start to feel better. I am taking bigger sips of juice and hot tea too. Thanks for the support!!!

this sounds really uncomfortable... is there anything to be done for it? I know I have read others taking Gas-X. Hope you recover soon... thanks for sharing your experiences with the rest of us, too - it helps to know what to expect.

I was banded today and so far feel great! I had some gas pain/ incision/port pain earlier. BUT, it was never very bad. I'm just relaxing, sipping on Water, eating SF Popsicles, watching the REDS beat the Braves (hopefully!), and walking, walking, walking! When my gas pains were at their worst I walked around a while, took a gas x strip, moved my shoulders around, lifted my arms above my head and moved them around. It definitely helped. But, I realize that I have been very lucky so far! Good luck everyone!!

I was banded today and so far feel great! I had some gas pain/ incision/port pain earlier. BUT' date=' it was never very bad. I'm just relaxing, sipping on Water, eating SF Popsicles, watching the REDS beat the Braves (hopefully!), and walking, walking, walking! When my gas pains were at their worst I walked around a while, took a gas x strip, moved my shoulders around, lifted my arms above my head and moved them around. It definitely helped. But, I realize that I have been very lucky so far! Good luck everyone!![/quote']

Glad to hear things are going well! I continue to be very fortunate and only have gas pain. I've felt no nausea and my incisions get aggravated infrequently. Yesterday (Day 4) I think I was actually hungry. So far this morning I am better. Best of luck to you all.

this sounds really uncomfortable... is there anything to be done for it? I know I have read others taking Gas-X. Hope you recover soon... thanks for sharing your experiences with the rest of us' date=' too - it helps to know what to expect.[/quote']

I did take some antacids yesterday. I don't know if it helped or it was just time passing but so far I do feel a little better. For some reason the pain seems to be more intense after 3 pm or so.

I was banded on the 3rd also. No pain to speak of just lots of pressure from the gas. I've done lots of walking and it has seem to help.On full liquids,so things are moving pretty good. Glad everyone is doing fine :)

I did take some antacids yesterday. I don't know if it helped or it was just time passing but so far I do feel a little better. For some reason the pain seems to be more intense after 3 pm or so.

Is anyone else starting to feel hungry? :-) I am about 12 days post op and starting to feel more and more hungry. What sorts of foods are you all starting to eat. I feel like I'm a little bit passed the mushy foods phase.

Yes, I have been feeling hungry. I'm supposed to be on liquids until tomorrow but was starving so added in some mushies. I've had refried Beans with shredded cheese and a little sour cream and taco sauce. Also scrambled eggs. I just had cottage cheese "lasagna". Cottage cheese, Pasta Sauce, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. I eat 1/2-3/4 cup at a time. I feel like I could eat more most of the time but don't want to push it. I have my 2 week check up tomorrow so we'll see what they say I can have. What have you been eating? When can you advance from mushies?

Is anyone else starting to feel hungry? :-) I am about 12 days post op and starting to feel more and more hungry. What sorts of foods are you all starting to eat. I feel like I'm a little bit passed the mushy foods phase.

Oh yeah!! I started getting hungry 6 days post op. Now I'm 10 days, on mushy foods, and find myself getting hungry still. I'm hoping when "real" foods start in a few days the hunger will go away. I'm a picky eater so it's hard for me to find mushy foods that I like.

I was banded on the 15th. So far I don't think I lost. I am so bloated I can't get rid of it. Has anyone gone to the bathroom yet. On liquids. Hope by two week visit there is some loss