Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomm will be three days post op for me after a already long journey. Ive made it this far it can only go up from here right? I know I hve a long way to go but im not stopping now! Wondering any other ppl banded in Apr? Athough veteran advice and encourgement is always welcome! :)

How was the surgery. !? Any gas or regular pains still! ? I'm going in May 9th so any help would be awesome .. lol

I was banded on the 5th. I got lapband, hiatal hernia repair, and plication. Gas is horrible. I'm having trouble keeping things down, but most of the pain comes from being so swollen inside. I can handle the outside surgical pains but the swelling/heaviness sucks

I was also banded April 5 I am doing very well. I didn't have any gas pains. I kept wiring and waiting for them to start no go. But I started walking in the recovery room. I walked walked walked but I didn't have a hernia which I thoughts was amazing:) I think I'm going to go back to work Friday instead of Monday:)

The surgery was well surgery. Naturally it sucked but no complications.. they treated my pain with mostly morphen sent me home with liquid lowertab antibotics and mega nausea meds which im soo thankful for. Im 3 days post op now still on a clear liquid diet, not so much hungry as the thought of just eating makes me feel like chown down.. But weve came this far theres no going back now so keep up the good work support is always good in hArd situations like these! :)

Btw besides the obvious swelling gas associated pain my portal feels like it protrudes more than the other insisions plus also seems to give me the most overall pain. Veterans is this normal??

I was also banded on the 5th so I am 5 days post op i got LB with plication and had to repair a hernia that I didn't know I had, they were surprised because they said it was pretty bad, I had a little gas pain nothing that the meds and heating pad didn't help. I too got nausea pills and I still need them at night. you can feel my port under the skin and that insision is more tender than the others. when I swallow I feel like I have a lump in the middle of my back, the nurse said that it's from being swollen around the band. I am not hungry at all and have zero desire to put anything in my mouth except Water. tomorrow I can start on pureed food and I hope it's okay if I don't, water and clear fluids have been more than enough. do any of you feel this way?

I was banded the 5th of April. Had horrible gas pains that have migrated to my left shoulder. Today, 5 days later, I feel wonderful. Slight pain in my shoulder, back at work, busy and loving it

Friday I can move to full liquids for two weeks. I cat wait to have really runny cream of whet or grits something other than juice and broth. Other than that I am doing great!! I feel good even when and got a root canal today I feel ready to go back to work but the boss says no lol. She said enjoy your time off:) so I'm here doing nothing blah lol

When are you all going back to work. I was very busy today and feel like I've definitely overdone it. I'm supposed to go back to work on Saturday but I'm not sure i can handle. I have a very physical non stop job with no sitting and the thought of going back already is a killer. I'm 6 days post op. mentioned to hubby I might need to take another week off and he's like really , another week? I work in fast food and i go nonstop for 7-8 hours, illegal I know, but most days I do not even get a break to be able to sit down and rest for a few. Work is begging me to come back because I'm one of the main people and I'm just not sure i can handle it. Money isn't an issue.

I've been a stay at home mom for the last 7.5 years so no one wanted to hire me because my work history gap was so big, I'm only where I am so I can fill in the gap a little before I venture out. I'm also a nursing student.

Forgot to mention I had lapband with greater curve plication, and hiatal hernia repair.

I know that I wanted to return Friday and my boss said no! Ugh I am so bored but I am a phlebotomist and it isn't a physical job thank god. So you should take as much time as you need as long as your job is ok with it take it!!

Job could kiss my butt, lol.