Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this normal?

I was banded in July 2012. Since then I have lost 118 lbs. I haven't had a fill yet and don't need one. I always feel tired and don't feel good. I puke quite a bit and it's not from eating to quick. Has anybody else had this problem?

Uh - no! Have you let your doctor know all of this? You need to contact him now!

If you are too tight you might puke too much. I agree, you need to let your doctor know what is going on!

you need to fill your profile! If you have not had a fill, it is unlikely you are too tight. You do need to speak to you surgeon! Best wishes!

There are a few people who get the band and NEVER get a fill. Welcome to the deviations in human anatomy..some people have larger organs than the next. The band alone is creating a stoma without a fill to further constrict you. Problem is, it's been long enough that swelling is no longer the issue so this just may mean your band is the perfect (or maybe too tight) of a constrictor.

You do need to speak your doctor because you don't want to head into the opposite of obesity..ie bulemia, malnutrition, etc even though it's not deliberate. You already speak of being tired/ill etc. I would highly recommend some lab work. Vitamin deficiencies etc are commonplace in rapid wgt loss and low cal diets. Keep logs of your intake, frequency/volume of vomiting and share w/ your doc. Weight loss is not the only measure of health....keep on top of it

I have spoken to him to 4 times about this. I had a barium swallow done and it showed everything was good. Im just wondering if my band will ever get loose so I can actually eat something.

OK, what do you eat now and what is it you want to eat?

I have spoken to him to 4 times about this. I had a barium swallow done and it showed everything was good. Im just wondering if my band will ever get loose so I can actually eat something.

What size is your band?

Have you been to your primary care doctor? It's possible your symptoms aren't actually band related at all.

Yes I have been to my PCP and did blood work everything is all good. I don't eat much. Nothing really agrees with me. I just want to feel satisfied after a meal not that I have to puke.

this is interesting to read...i was banded in june 2012

i also do not have a fill and have not (puked) once..

not being a doctor, i have no opinion of what is wrong or why... but if you are tired and dont feel good and are puking, go to the dr and tell them something is wrong and dont take no for a answer... not good for you or your band.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches