Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont Know Too Much,but Glad To Be Here

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE BEEN READING LBT FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW . I AM IN THR MIDDLE OF INSURANCE DEALING TO SEE IF I AM ELIGIBLE.THIS IS SOMETHING I REALLY WANT SP BADLY,YET AM SCARED TO DEATH TOO. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE..BEEN OVERWEIGHT SINCE 4 YRS OLD....SICK OF IT:think I HAVE UHC INS,BUT I HAVE SUCH A WORRY THEY WILL THINK IM TOO OLD...57...BUT VERY YOUNG AT HEART. SPRRY THAT I AM NOT TOO COMPUTER LITERATE...BUT TRYING. I AM LEARNING SOOO MUCH FROM YOU GUYS, YOU'LL HEAR FROM ME AGAIN,I'LL BE HEAR EVERY DAY........

Welcome Free-to-Be.

Keep lurking. Post when you have questions and you'll feel much more confidant in no time.

Good Luck with your insurance approval. Hopefully you'll be a bandster before you know it. And by the way..........57 is not old, just experienced. :Banane56:

free to be

you are as old as you feel inside not out

i am due to be banded 26th April i would not have surrived if not for this site everybody are very helpful with all the questions you might have

Take care good luck

tracylou

Welcome to LBT Free-to-be. Good luck with your insurance approval! UHC seems to be one of the carriers with more approvals, so you have that going in your favor. Lurk away - the more info you have the better you will feel about your decision. :(

:welcome: Welcome to LBT!! You are on an exciting journey and I'm glad to hear you decided on the band. It's a personal decision that is not appropriate for everyone. This is a great resource for the band and other issues. I just got approval yesterday and can relate to your emotions of waiting. It is truly the hardest part, at least so far, IMO.

Be sure to check out the "Search" link on the top of your screen. Also, check out the Insurance and LapBand FAQ's forums. You will find tons of info that can help you along your journey. I'm not so sure I would have been approved without some of the knowledge I learned here. I felt armed and ready for the insurance game. Hopefully, you will have a smooth approval.

Take care and keep in touch with us to let us know how your progressing!!

HI EVERYONE,AND THANKS FOR ALL THE WELCOMES AND GOOD WISHES 3LOVES...YOU GOT APPROVED...BLESS YOUR HEART,I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.IM PRAYING SO HARD....I WANT TO BE A HEALTHY,SNAZZY,NANA...HEY,THERE,S LIFE IN THIS OLD GIRL YET!!!!! HAPPY WEEKEND TO EVERYONE,CATCH YOU LATER.....ftb

Hi Free to Be,

Be encouraged! UHC is one of the best insurances to have when considering the lap band procedure. They will usually give approval based on bmi and a doctor's recommendation. In my case, they have even granted me an "in network" provision for my doctor (there isn't a network surgeon in my area that does the procedure). Anyway, this means that they will have to pay the surgeon the $8000 he bills, not UHC's contracted rate of $3860. That is pretty impressive for an insurance company since most of them are worried about the bottom line.

I hope this helps alleviate your stress some. My doctor was glad when I told him I was UHC.

Good luck,

Linda