Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded over te last couple days?

Hi all. Im pre-op 3/11. Whats with the gas pain everyone speaks of? And why in upper torso??? thanks

Hello! When the doctor does the surgery, he has to pump your abdomen full of gas. This gets trapped in different areas and seems to accumulate in our shoulders at times. Walking is the best way to get rid of it. It can last for even a couple of weeks, but mine seems to be on the minimal side at this point. The more you belch, the better because that gets it out. This pain is very uncomfortable for some of us, not so much for others.

Hi count me in. I was banded 2/20. I feel pretty good. Not too bad with the gas pains, I do a lot of laps around the house and use heating pad too. I haven't had too much energy. I guess it's due to just having Water, Popsicles and Jello. Today I start yogurt, Protein Shakes and pudding. Perhaps I will get more energy from this round of food. Since my 1 week pre op diet I've lost about 14 lbs. very happy with this. I have 4 1 inch incisions and a larger one above it with the Steri strips. I still can't feel where my port is. Good luck everyone.

Hi... Totally new to this site, have my first appointment Tuesday! Excited and scared all at once! Looking for someone in St. Louis area

hi everyone i would like to join i am a 29 year old mom of one daughter .i was banded on 2/19 ,working on the 5th day :) doing alot better so ready o get these staples out and start working out lol

Step by step, Day by day it does get better. I say use the pain meds as needed dont suffer through if you dont have to. I think I may have stretched a little too far trying to take care of personal buisiness in the bathroom. Be careful and exhale any time you have to bend. Like my nurse said, pretend you are blowing candles out as you stand up. Wishing all the best in the recovery process.

Linda

Hey all! I was banded on the 20th. Each day has gotten a little better, right now 90% of my pain is at the port site. It's to the left of my belly button. I have 5 incisions total, the only one bothering me is that one that I believe is the port. It's like an indent in my belly.

I originally planned on taking 1 week off, but I think I might listen to my doctor and take 2 weeks. I can't walk upright yet because standing up straight pulls on my incisions, so I walk all hunched over like a little old lady right now.

The gas pains are getting less and less each day for me. Hopefully this port issue will subside as time passes, as well.

Linda,

Taking care of personal business in the bathroom is what's killing me right now! I swear every time I try to clean things up I pinch my port site by accident :(

I know! i feel funny to say this publically but hey there is no modesty in doing what you have to do. I have the next best thing to a bidet, a hand held shower head!! if you know what I mean!! i strained myself this morning trying too soon .

If you dont have one , you should get one, make life much easier, and cleaner! ;)

Noted! My hubby is totally going to chuckle though when I tell him that I need a bidet type device. We decided that we are going to make a tshirt, that says, "If you think wiping your a$$ is hard when you're overweight, try doing it with incisions!" ;) LOL! Now I'm changing it to, "Try doing it with a port!"

It's funny that it's these simple little issues that have been bugging me most. Knock on wood, I haven't had any of the nausea or heartburn, no vomitting at all

Can I be in your group? I get banded next week. I am 30, married and have a four year little boy. I would LOVE to have a band buddies

Welcome Della! Congratulations on your surgery. If you are on FB, I tend to be on there more and trying to start a banders group on there. Search for me as Emily Wood in Chesnee, SC. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Well I made it through post-op day three! I felt a bit nauseous this morning, but after that passed I felt great!! I got to have a shower today and helped my son with his speech for school, I think I might have over done it a bit thought because I am hurting a lot right now. I think its mostly gas pain.....so I took some more gas-x. I am getting tired of clear fluids and would love to move on to full fluids, but am going to wait the two extra days that my surgeon suggests. How is everyone else doing?

I just finished day 3 as well. Today I felt pretty good, but I rested tons because I have to go to work tomorrow and I know it will be very difficult. I'm on Clear Liquids til next Friday, but my Dr includes Protein Shakes in the clear liquid stage. I just bought some unflavored Protein Powder and I'm looking forward to adding it to Soups next week! I am very lucky that I have had no gas pains, but my tummy gets quite sore at night and 1st thing in the morning. Are people still taking painkillers? I have been cutting back a lot on them.

I was banded on the 22nd. It's so nice to hear that others are having the same experiences. My gas pains are mostly gone but i feel like i did 1,000 sit ups. I did have a hernia that the Dr. fixed. I have 5 incisions 4 are pretty small and the 5th one is about 1.5 inches. Overall the surgery was not as bad as i had made it out to be in my head.