Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello & Introduction

Hi Dody, Macy and Tidge,

Welcome to my thread. I am sure glad I put "Idaho" in the title.

Dody - sorry to hear about your pneumonia. I've had it and I know it can really wear you down. Keep us posted on your progress with that and your surgery.

Tidge - Sorry to hear you are so sore. Now that my incision soreness is pretty much gone, I can definately feel the stuff on the inside now. My port area is definately tender. I felt pretty good for the first few days after surgery, now I am definately battling with lack of energy getting my drinks down (food and Water both).

Macy and Tidge - you guys should post an introduction on the "May 2006 Band Crew" thread if you havn't already. We do a lot of comparing notes there.

Dasharoo - How are you feeling today? Better I hope. I'm home for the rest of the day if you want to call.

I am feeling much better today, the port area is still sore, but the heating pad helped.

I am more hungry today.

Just got in from errands, some friends are dropping by for awhile so I probably will not get the chance to call.

Wish me luck - back to work tomorrow for 10 hours and then have to teach a 4 hour training session. (I'll get some good breaks in throughout the day.)

Hey Linda - An avatar is a picture or image you choose to appear by your name. You can upload your own picture or choose one that is available for you on LBT. If you click on User CP at the top of any LBT page, you will find more options to Edit Avatar and Edit Profile Picture (which shows as a larger image when someone looks at your profile).

An NSV is a non-scale victory. Such as discovering youre pants are too big, or that you now fit in a theater chair with little effort, or that you are no longer on blood pressure medication, or that you can run up a flight of stairs. Benefits of weightloss that are more than just a number on a scale.

Hope that helped. :)

Dody, I'm glad you posted, even though it took me a long time to see it. I have been thinking about you and wondering how things were going for you in Tennessee. I am soooo sorry to hear about your pneumonia. I had a terrible run in with it a few years ago and it so wipes you out. I hope you are able to rest because you really need to! I'm sorry this happened to you when you were so ready to get going with your band, but everything will work out for you in the end. Know that I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

Hope

I heard from Dody today. She got her date! June 5th. She's really had a hard time of it lately... pneumonia and then she hurt her knee. But her doctors feel good about her upcoming surger, so she's all set to go! Yay Dody!

Hey all - I'm feeling human again! Much better mentally and the port is sore but gets better every day. Gas is still very very painful behind left breast and in tummy but to be honest I havn't been out much and I am going to try and walk more from now on to help ease the gas (woe betide the person walking behind me - ha ha ).

Met a lovely couple once from Idaho whilst travellng in central america, but I can't remember if we met in Belieze or Mexico. They made garage doors as I recall and are my only experience of - what do you call yourselves? Idahoians perhaps?

Anyway, thanks for your support, I have found my way around the site more now but will certainly be popping in to visit you if that's okay!

Regards, Tidge.

Hey Tidge,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I have a friend who just left to move to London? My husband's company started in England and he put off going to a their international conference this year so that I can save, save, save and go with him next year.

I think it's funny that you found and are posting on an Idaho thread when you are all the way in the UK. When I told people we were moving here, I would usually get responses like Where is Idaho or You're moving where, Ohio? Yes, these were responses from fellow Americans. We aren't generally known for our skill in geography. :kiss

Idahoans is what we're called. Or Spuds--Idaho is famous for its potatos! I actually lived in Anaheim, California, right by Disneyland, until a year and a half ago. But, I really love Idaho. The only things missing are beaches and Disneyland, but I wouldn't move back if the opportunity presented itself.

Talk to you later!

Dody,

Congratulations on getting your surgery date! June 5th is just around the corner!

Hello I am New here. Just got my band this week in Mexico, :omg: I am glad I got it done, but boy what a experience. I guess you get what you pay for. i p[aid for a surgery in Mexico and thats what I got surgery in Mexico. The only thing I ate for 5 Days is broth & Jello twice, so now I feel like if I dont eat some real food I' ll go nuts. I was stuck in the Phoenix airport for 8 1/2 hours q day 1/2 after sx and food was every where and smelled so good but I drank coffee like a good girl. Can anyonew tell me if the support groups help you teach your self to change lifelong habits. Hey I was so glad to see people in Idaho:) I live in Weiser. Well thanks for your input anyone. Lorri

Hello.....

I just found out about this web site about 2 weeks ago, I had my surgery done on 9/7/05!!! It would have been nice if I knew about this sooner! Anyway, when I first went to Dr. Kwon my weight was 312, before my surgery I was down to 297, since September I am down to my current weight of 255, I have been having problems with the weight loss, it has been very slow...for the last past few months I haven't been able to exercise due to a move and I have been sick with pnemonia :sick ...everytime I want to go to the gym...I get sick!!! It would be until next week, I hope that I'll get back into the gym....just the treadmill....my diet has been consisting of nacho chips with cheese and sour cream or chicken in salads, :bored I haven't been drinking though....need some advice....anyone with any info please share!!! :help:

Thanks!!!

Hi Lorri,

Welcome to LBT. There is quite a few of us here in Idaho. The IdahoBandsters which is a yahoo group meets once a month for dinner. The place hasn't been deceided yet, but it will be on the 4th Thursday which is May 24th.

Susan (Photonut) or I will let you know where and when in case you want to come.

You should post an intro in the "May 2006 Band Crew" thread. There is a growing list of May Bandsters that seems to get longer every day. We do a lot of comparing notes and encouraging one another.

Talk to you soon.

2queenbee - You've posted on the Idaho thread, which probably wont get a lot of exposure. Not many of us live in Spudland! LOL Go to the Introductions Forum and start a new thread there. You'll get lots of responses and meet a lot more people that way. :)

Lorri - Welcome to LBT and to Bandland! I've been going to the support groups for about three months now and I think it's good to get together and hear what everone else is doing, share ideas and struggles, and just make new friends. It helps to know you're not alone, ya know?

The St. Al's support group meets on the second Tuesday of each month, and the Idahobandsters have Soup night on the last Thursday of each month. The St. Al's group is mostly folks who were banded locally by Dr Cahn and Dr Anderson, but the Idahobandsters group has folks who were banded at various different places, including Mexico. It's a more relaxed night for visiting. Last month was my first one and it was a lot of fun.

As Linda said, we'll post where the Soup Night is going to be this month, and I hope we see you there. In the meantime, stay plugged in here. There are so many folks who are just full of great suggestions and support. You'll love it here!

Just so nobody misses it on the Boise May Events thread...

The Idahobansters Soup Night is going to be on Tuesday, May 23rd, at 6:30 p.m. at Johnny Carino's at Fairview and Eagle in Boise/Meridian.

Take the Eagle Road exit off of the Interstate and turn right onto Eagle

Road. At Fairview Avenue, turn right, and then turn right into the parking

lot when you see Johnny Carino's (before the next light).

I hope you can all make it!

Hi All,

I am scheduled for the banding on June 8th . I am from Pocatello and am having the surgery done in Blackfoot, the nearest place at Bingham Memorial Hospital. Have been to see all the needed people and my health records reside with the surgeon. So after my last psyc appointment tomorrow everything will be sent to the insurance. I really hope that they will cover it.

Just got off of the forum of people who have needed to be unbanded!!! Yikes!!! I hope they are few and far between as I thought for the most part that this was a surgery to last a life time, with progress and not a step back.

This doctor has not done alot of banding, but those he has banded thus far are very happy with the results. I am ready to join in. Glad there is a place to talk to other Idaho banded people. I am orginally from Boise, but moved to Pocatello when I started college and met my husband and I've lived here now for 32 years!

I still go to Boise to help my 83 year old widowed mother about every 2 months!