Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

terrified of a possible dilation. any suggestions would be appreciated!

I had restriction up until friday. I am still not at my 'green' zone. I felt a little restriction this am but thats it for the last 3 days. Im afraid i have dilated my pouch. I am not vomiting/have reflux. Is this normal? Any input would be appreciated.

Have you been losing weight?

Maybe if you ost some weight, you also lost some fat padding around your esophagus and now your band loosened.

I was banded in sep. Had my first fill in October. I have only lost 25 pounds. I went in for a fill 3 weeks ago and have lost 4 pounds since. I dont have any symptoms that normally come with a dilation. My restriction has just decreased. I know some days our band is tighter than others. When you eat, do you feel restriction with every bite you take? Thank you for responding!

Are you eating more than your suppose to where you feel the possibility of dilation? Are you really hungry between meals?

I was banded in sep. Had my first fill in October. I have only lost 25 pounds. I went in for a fill 3 weeks ago and have lost 4 pounds since. I dont have any symptoms that normally come with a dilation. My restriction has just decreased. I know some days our band is tighter than others. When you eat, do you feel restriction with every bite you take? Thank you for responding!

I think maybe this link will help you better understand the band, what it's supposed to do, and what you're supposed to do and not do. http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

I am eating more sometimes because im not at my "green zone" yet. My dr said it is normal that im eating more because my band is not fully working yet since im not at my green zone. Every month i freak out because i lose restriction. I go in for a fill and it helps. The nurses arent concerned of a dilation because im losing weight and i dont have any side effects of the dilation. From what i have been reading on here, it seems many ppl can be tight and hardly eat during the day, then the next day they can eat whatever without feeling tight at all. Im so confused.

I'm not able to get fills, which is a long story I won't bore you with! However, I have always stuck with 1200 calories a day regardless of how much I could eat! Just like prior to the band, when you gradually start eating more, the more your able to eat! Has your doctor or nutritionist told you how much you should eat per meal. Most people say they eat a cup of food per meal! It seems like right now you don't really have a game plan. I'm not really sure what your saying by feeling tight. I know that for me it's about being satisfied with smaller portions! I don't stop eating because I feel I can't eat anymore or a tight feeling. I stop eating because I ate my allotted amount and calories, or I'm satisfied.

They suggest 1 and 1/2 cups as my side and 6 oz of meat with it. When i refer to being 'tight' i mean it is hard for food to pass thur my pouch. I might be like that one day, then the next eat the same thing and it goes down without any problem. When you eat, do you feel every bite 'pass' thru? Im still new to this trying to figure it out. Every month i think i have a dilation but my nurse tells me i dont have any symptoms and im loosing weight and just need a fill. Im so terrified of getting a dilation. Thanks for your help!

How long have you been banded? That's a lot of food! Do you keep track of calories? That 1 - 2 cups usually includes the Protein, not an addition to the Proteins. I don't feel the food as it goes down. Do you make sure you chew your food really well?

How long have you been banded? That's a lot of food! Do you keep track of calories? That 1 - 2 cups usually includes the protein' date=' not an addition to the Proteins. I don't feel the food as it goes down. Do you make sure you chew your food really well?[/quote']

I got banded in Sept. 2012 had my first fill in Oct. That should have been 3 oz. Of Protein, not 6. A total of 64 oz. Of Protein a day. I normally chew each bite 25 times and i dont feel it pass all the time. That feeling where you dont chew it up all the way and it kind of hurts until it falls thur is what i refer to as feeling restriction. From what im reading, that isn't was restriction is. I feel like my nurse isnt giving me the correct information that i asking. I have only lost 25 pounds and its really discouraging. The nurse keeps telling me i will really see the weight loss when i reach my 'green zone'.

The short answer is no, you won't feel restriction with every bite or even most bites. If you chew properly every bite should pass through the stoma without you even feeling or knowing it. You need to read the link Missy gave you? It's not about feeling restriction, it's about not being hungry any longer. Being satisfied with what you've eaten is what you should be seeking.

Feeling restriction simply means that occasionally you will have short stuck episodes. This is a signal that your band is there. Take a large bite, don't chew or eat too fast and you'll find out if your pouch is dilated. If you have a habit of overeating and ignore the stuck signals, you can dilate your pouch. But it's rare.

BTW-Please fill in your profile so we can know and advise you better.

tmf

BTW-25 lbs in less than 5 months is still good. I only lost 12 lbs the first 4 months. Then maybe 20 by 5 months. Don't compare yourself to some of the other bandsters who lose 50 lbs in 3 months.

tmf

I think of restriction as being able to get your Water, Protein, and proper nutrition in for the day. Also, being satisfied on your meal and not being hungry in between meals. ...4-6 hours. This may just be my version, I'm not sure what others feel about restriction.

Thanks again for all the info. I feel so much better getting info and advice from ppl who have experienced it! It is very much appreciated!

TMF- how do i update my profile. I can't seem to find it.

If you are on a PC, go to the upper right hand side of this page and click on the arrow beside your name. Click on my profile and then click on edit my profile. If you access from an IPad or Iphone good luck.

tmf